IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Upcoming Meets

Old 10-07-2005, 05:10 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hocrest
The driver was Keefe Lee from Maryland, I'm not sure if he runs in your neck of the woods, but he drived the 2005 Leg GT plastered with the Racecomp vinyl.

The Baja belongs to his GF, she lives up near me. The other month she told me that the Baja was going to get it's suspension "worked on"...

I'm not sure what all that involved, or if it was done yet????
Dave,
Yeah, Keefe is a regular at FedEX...I think his Legacy GT runs in STX (?)
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 10-07-2005, 05:14 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob
Not that different. There's a reason HS or STS usually takes pax, it's quite flawed. The prepared cars take a huge hit while the street mods don't even though our engines must remain "stock". It'll be a different story when we're running against cars that are just racers not street cars with the Bill Stock mentality out there chipping and then classing themselves in stock.
Note to Ben....Bill Stock ran in ESP at the Subaru Challenge and will be running in ESP from now on
-Bill (looking forward to Bill Stock Level III which will fully compliant with SCCA ESP guidelines...)

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
My Locker
Old 10-07-2005, 06:56 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide
Note to Ben....Bill Stock ran in ESP at the Subaru Challenge and will be running in ESP from now on
-Bill (looking forward to Bill Stock Level III which will fully compliant with SCCA ESP guidelines...)
Ah but that doesn't mean there aren't 10 more for every one who jumps up where they should be. I was talking about it with Forrest Graf on Sunday who drives that Omni GLH about how easy it is to chip a car and get away with it as it isn't like old stuff that you just need to look under the hood or at the tires.
Old 10-07-2005, 07:02 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Ah but that doesn't mean there aren't 10 more for every one who jumps up where they should be. I was talking about it with Forrest Graf on Sunday who drives that Omni GLH about how easy it is to chip a car and get away with it as it isn't like old stuff that you just need to look under the hood or at the tires.
Ben,
Yeah, you're right...then again, we get back to the "local vs National" discussion and the "self policing" aspect of SCCA -- no one ever bothered with my car in GS because I was never going to deny someone their trophy or contingency $$. Another thing to remember is that they actually impound "winning" cars at National-level events to make sure they are 100% compliant.
-Bill

My Locker
Old 10-07-2005, 07:06 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide
Ben,
Yeah, you're right...then again, we get back to the "local vs National" discussion and the "self policing" aspect of SCCA -- no one ever bothered with my car in GS because I was never going to deny someone their trophy or contingency $$. Another thing to remember is that they actually impound "winning" cars at National-level events to make sure they are 100% compliant.
-Bill
Ah but to the average novice being killed outclassed by technology doesn't keep the SCCA growing.
Old 10-07-2005, 07:12 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Ah but to the average novice being killed outclassed by technology doesn't keep the SCCA growing.
Ben,
Speaking from experience, having the car "set up" right is only half the battle (at best), the rest being driver skill (aka "seat time"). This is why, at FedEx at least, they really push the Novice walk through and having experienced SCCA instructors ride along with novices, not to mention the drivering schools they hold on a regular basis.
Another thing that helps the "self regulation" is when a class is dominated by a single model of car (say the miata in BS or is it CS?) -- if one car is noticeably faster than the rest it is going to get the attention of all of the other drivers in the class.
-Bill
p.s. it's this "1/2 at best" aspect that keeps me coming back - I know there is 2-3 seconds in my car that I'm not realizing as a driver yet!

My Locker