Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2003, 10:17 PM

The best thing to do is soak a rag in gasoline and scrub it. My brother's car got egged once,too. He used gasoline and it came right off. By the way, what nationality are you Stacey? Just curious.
Old 05-28-2003, 12:49 AM
*Special* Member

Send a message via AIM to Bwana
If you resort to using gasoline, make sure you seal/wax again...as gasoline WILL remove all protection, and possibly do some damage to the clear coat.
1996 Brilliant Red L (AWD). Bought: 6-14-04 - Sold: 3-3-07 - 15.370 @ 89.65
1992 Claret/black LS #4086 (GF's). Bought: 6-30-04 - Sold: 7-29-07
1994 Pearl White LSi Bought: 2001? Sold: 2004?

Last edited by Bwana; 05-28-2003 at 12:57 AM.
Old 05-28-2003, 07:23 AM
StaceyVX

Thanks, everyone for the suggestions. Maybe I should try each suggestion, haha. That would make it at least 4 more washings. I did one yesterday, but ran out of carwash. I'm going to do it again today, as I noticed that all of it didn't come off. Then I'll wax it. It just sucks because all it's been doing here for the past 2 months is raining. I was outside yesterday washing my car in the rain. I bet I looked like an idiot.
Old 05-28-2003, 07:24 AM
StaceyVX

Quote:
Originally posted by RSVX
well, after seeing the pictures of your car, I have come to the conclusion that you are not the driver of the pearly svx that I pass on Levick street on a day to day basis...
Nope, not me.
Old 05-28-2003, 07:34 AM
StaceyVX

Re: re: college town?

Quote:
Originally posted by Noir
do you live in a college town? if not, i'd say that your boyfriend has some really psycho ex's. if they went to the trouble of nailing your whole car they must not really like you or your boyfriend.

pisses me off that they hit your grill too. it must have took a minute for them to think 'let's egg the grill too.' punks!
Nope, I don't live in a collegetown. I mean, there is the college I go to, which is in Center City, but he lives in a little suburb of Philadelphia. And yes, I'd say he has psycho ex's, especially the last one. She and his friend's ex have done things to his car in the past, but I don't think they know that he now has an XT6. They still once in awhile do stuff to his Taurus (which is just sitting for sale). I've never met either of his ex's, but the one had called him a few months ago trying to attempt getting on his good side.

And yea, the grill thing sucked. I used a dull knife and my finger trying to get it out of each crevice. This is why I am led to believe that it wasn't just a random thing.
Old 05-28-2003, 07:36 AM
StaceyVX

You know what makes me really angry? I just told my boyfriend's friend's girlfriend (got that? haha) what happened, and she said, "That's really funny!!!". Then when I told her it wasn't, she said, "Chill out. It's just an egg. Just get some soap and water. It comes right off.". GRRR.
Old 05-28-2003, 07:46 AM
StaceyVX

Quote:
Originally posted by fait_svx
The best thing to do is soak a rag in gasoline and scrub it. My brother's car got egged once,too. He used gasoline and it came right off. By the way, what nationality are you Stacey? Just curious.
Ah! The sound of putting gasoline on my car scares me. I'm sure it works, but still...Sounds bad.

Anyways, I am half Filipino. The rest is Irish, English, Scottish, French, and a bunch of other stuff. Wasn't expecting that question in here.
Old 05-28-2003, 04:36 PM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by StaceyVX

Ah! The sound of putting gasoline on my car scares me. I'm sure it works, but still...Sounds bad.

Anyways, I am half Filipino. The rest is Irish, English, Scottish, French, and a bunch of other stuff. Wasn't expecting that question in here.

You are right.... Why does it matter what nationality is. It says she is in PA. That's all anyone needs to know!

sorry.... just a little joke......
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .
Old 05-28-2003, 06:00 PM
svxeno

Ooweee...

I can't stand to see something like that. Sorry you have to go thru it.

...and I don't think you could EVER look like an idiot.

Randy ii
Old 05-29-2003, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by StaceyVX

I was just curious, cuz I saw in your subaru.org page that your last name is Halili. I thought maybe you were Albanian. Cuz, Halili is an Albanian last name.Or I thought it was.