How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 10-14-2004, 11:24 AM

Registered SVX
Huge thanks to Phast SVX & Cory!

I just felt it necessary to let everyone know what a tremendous help Phast (Phil) and his mechanic; Cory has been to me.

Yesterday, they both took time out of their busy schedules to drive me 70 miles to inspect an SVX down in Rockford, IL.

Without their assistance, I likely would've bought it (I'm not a gearhead by any stretch of the imagination and I'm not exactly experienced in purchasing used cars.)

They both went over the car with a fine-toothed comb and found every little thing wrong with it, took it for a test drive and gave me their opinions on what needed to be done and what I should ask for it.

Their assistance was absolutely invaluable.

To me, it's simply indicative of the wonderful community we have here on the SVXWN... Before I joined this board, I didn't know either of them and for all intents and purposes, I was a total stranger that Phil was willing to help out.

I just wanted to let the community at large know what fine people we have within our ranks.

--Wulf
Old 10-14-2004, 11:30 AM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

You're a cool guy Wulf!

One question for you, how was Cory able to tell that the oil pump was leaky and not the front crankshaft seal?

My SVX is leaking a little around around the front of the engine and I think it's the crank seal, but after reading your post yesterday, I realize that it could be a worn seal on my oil pump???

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 10-14-2004, 07:41 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
Wulf,
Thanks alot man. It wasnt a problem never hesitate to help out svx enthusiasts.
About the cars condition though, im sorry that it didnt work out. Dont give up hope though, you got a few months before the snow starts
phil
Old 10-15-2004, 02:53 AM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Chiketkd
You're a cool guy Wulf!

One question for you, how was Cory able to tell that the oil pump was leaky and not the front crankshaft seal?

My SVX is leaking a little around around the front of the engine and I think it's the crank seal, but after reading your post yesterday, I realize that it could be a worn seal on my oil pump???

-Chike
You'd have to ask Phast about that... I was basically standing with the woman who owned the SVX, smiling and nodding along with them as Phil and Cory detailed the trouble spots...

I can tear a computer down to board level.. Find the short circuit that's been causing you to randomly bluescreen and drive you insane... I can spec out a system that will run circles around anything retail/prebuilt for 1/3rd the price and build and configure it so that you'd have to abuse the hell out of it before it'll crash... ..and I can talk tech with you until your eyes glaze over...

You pop the hood of a car, start talking differentials, gear ratios, any sort of chip upgrade, etc... and I'm lost...