How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 02-16-2004, 10:47 PM
mtbikerco

OH NO!! Didnt pass emissions

Any suggestions on how to get this car to pass? It hasnt been run in a few months but i ran it pretty hard before the test. It passed the CO2 test with flying colors but that other test:
Allowed: 220
Actual: 253
I got new iridium spark plugs but i dont think that will be enough to make her pass. What else can i do to get her under 220? There are no modification that would effect this on the car, mostly stock intake stuff. Let me know, please!!!
Old 02-17-2004, 12:35 PM
gamblergw

Re: OH NO!! Didnt pass emissions

Quote:
Originally posted by mtbikerco
Any suggestions on how to get this car to pass? It hasnt been run in a few months but i ran it pretty hard before the test. It passed the CO2 test with flying colors but that other test:
Allowed: 220
Actual: 253
I got new iridium spark plugs but i dont think that will be enough to make her pass. What else can i do to get her under 220? There are no modification that would effect this on the car, mostly stock intake stuff. Let me know, please!!!
I would go to pet boys or ? and get a bottle of octane boost and a bottle of emmission stuff (dont know what its called) But it is stated that it will lower the emissions. Only talking about 10.00 bucks or less, worth a try and probably will work.. You were not that far out of line. ... Jim
Old 02-17-2004, 06:28 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to richardc_51
Nick:

I had the same problem in Maryland. Did everything but a tuneup and it still didn't pass, so I got a two-year waiver because I had spent more than the necessary $450 to get one. (It was $500). One thing I did do was change both O2 sensors. That worked on the part of the test that I didn't pass the first time. It passed, but then I didn't pass another part of the test. The mechanic said that when you fix one thing you break another, and it could be never-ending. Well, I'm good for two years.

But the O2 sensors may do the trick for you.

Richard