Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 02-05-2004, 02:39 AM

Oil smell .... :(

Have any of you ppl. a "schematic" picture of the engine "ventilation"?

I think I having problem with this, because from time to time I can smell burnt oil when I come to a stop.

I have checked all the places oil can leak onto something hot, but the only place I can see some oil, is ON the engine, the left side close to the fuelrail, and close to the "oil fill" thing.

That combined with the oil stick suddenly has "popped" up a couple of times, leads me to a conclusion that from time to time the pressure in engine is too high.

So I checked the venthoses attached on top of the cylinderheads and routed to the intake, but they all where ok and not clogged.

Maybe some malfunctioning "valve" , regulating the vent (outlet), is causing this...

Any ideas, someone ??

/Sonny

-92 ebony black with 170k KM

*** -Stress is when you wake up screaming & you realize you haven't fallen asleep yet. ***
Old 02-05-2004, 06:56 AM
red95svx

Your PVC valve could be malfunctioning.

Dave
Old 02-05-2004, 07:47 AM
svxeno

My valve covers are starting to leak. Smokes a little at drive thru's. The dipstick also pop's up on mine but I just thought that meant it was happy to see me. Actually you can help that problem by replacing the little 'O' ring. Somehwere there's a post about the size.

Check the "How To's" for the PCV valve work. Also, I remember seeing a post about how to adapt a wrench to make the job easier.

Randy ii

ps: Doesn't smell as bad since I had the front seals and tranny pan gaskit replaced. Used to look like I was cooking out on a grill. SHEESH!