How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2009, 09:49 PM

Re: As we approach 3000 members

Well i suppose this is my first post, im just an avid fan of the svx and browse around here in my spare time.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:55 PM

Cool Re: Every member please check in here!

ive been interested in the svx for a few years. been really interested for the past year and been lurking getting all the info i can. tommorrow at 11am i will be purchasing a 1994 pearl white svx with 75k miles and one owner. Finally found one that less than 12 hours or more away. and the car is very very clean. looking foward to all the help you guys can give and ill try to give so input as well.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:18 PM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: Every member please check in here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACOBBOCAJ View Post
ive been interested in the svx for a few years. been really interested for the past year and been lurking getting all the info i can. tommorrow at 11am i will be purchasing a 1994 pearl white svx with 75k miles and one owner. Finally found one that less than 12 hours or more away. and the car is very very clean. looking foward to all the help you guys can give and ill try to give so input as well.
Welcome Jacob,
We'll be having the annual SVX/XT Meet at the Dragon the last weekend in June, you should come on out!, no better way to get to know your new SVX than hanging out with other SVX owners
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"
Old 04-26-2009, 12:10 AM

I'm here

I posted an introduction as it's own thread.... but I figured I'd follow the rules
2007 Subaru B9Tribeca 7-pass ltd, PSM
1994 Subaru SVX LSi, Bourdeaux
Co-Founder / Site Admin: www.slcsubaru.com
Old 04-26-2009, 06:18 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Vlad772

Hi there,
I'm Vlad from Vienna, Austria.
I own my SVX for a month now. It's very rare car here, but I like it very much. I found it on the parking of Subaru dealer and decided to get it in a minute or two since I got the keys. The overall condition is good (for a 17 y.o. car). There were couple of small accidents with it. The right side front and rear wings were repaired and repainted (the rear one has a bit of rust). The bumpers got many scratches as well. Technically almost everything works fine. The only discomfort during the driving on high speed (starting at 100 km/h) is the sound of one of the bearings (I haven’t found which one so far) or it might be one of the driveshafts as well. Hope next week I will do the full diagnostic of the transmission and suspension. That is it for the beginning. See the pictures of my SVX in the member’s galleries.
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photopost/...00&ppuser=7005
Looking forward to exchange any experience with other SVX owners.

All the best!

PS. Here is a quite bad situation with the spare parts for SVX.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:30 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX

Welcome Razor, Jacob and Matt! ....

A particular welcome to Vlad. I think Vlad you may be the first Austrian member on the Network so far. We have had Swiss and German and other European members, I don't remember another from Austria though.

Your car looks very well for the age Vlad, very little bodywork damage to be seen other than the rear left bumper corner.

Regards parts it is very often cheaper to buy from the USA than from a local Subaru dealer. The local dealers generally have to import parts direct from Japan, so you end up paying a high cost plus shipping.

If you do need particular parts, feel free to ask on here. If a member does not have the used parts you want we can usually point you in the direction of a company that sells new parts on the Internet and will ship to you. Some parts are not compatible [between USA and Europe models], but if you ask what you need we can advise you about differences.

Welcome.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 04-26-2009, 09:34 AM

Thank you Joe,

MartyMcFly (http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/member.php?u=593) was the first one from Austria, I will try to contact him sometime to verify he still got his black SVX.
Definitely I will order the parts from States. So far I'm trying to create my wishlist But first of all I will do the complete diagnostic to find the parts to be replaced soon. Unfortunately in my plans to modify the brakes, put an oil radiator for the gearbox, make the look and feel of the car, replace original sound system etc. But for the beginning I will replace almost all of the maintenance staff like spark plugs and wires, filters and lubricants. Currently I'm also looking for the driver's side window. The one I have has a lot of scratches on it. It might be possible to recover it (but I don't know how). Some of the button's back light doesn't work. Hope I could replace the bulbs in it.
Anyway, thanks for the welcome, I'm glad to find the place to address my questions and share the experience.

Best regards,
Vlad
Old 04-26-2009, 12:51 PM

here she is! love it. get the "what the fuc* is that" look every drive. just a phone pic. get some more when shes cleaned up a bit.

IMG_0056.jpg
Old 04-26-2009, 01:00 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Re: Thank you Joe,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad772 View Post
MartyMcFly (http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/member.php?u=593) was the first one from Austria, I will try to contact him sometime to verify he still got his black SVX.
Definitely I will order the parts from States. So far I'm trying to create my wishlist But first of all I will do the complete diagnostic to find the parts to be replaced soon. Unfortunately in my plans to modify the brakes, put an oil radiator for the gearbox, make the look and feel of the car, replace original sound system etc. But for the beginning I will replace almost all of the maintenance staff like spark plugs and wires, filters and lubricants. Currently I'm also looking for the driver's side window. The one I have has a lot of scratches on it. It might be possible to recover it (but I don't know how). Some of the button's back light doesn't work. Hope I could replace the bulbs in it.
Anyway, thanks for the welcome, I'm glad to find the place to address my questions and share the experience.

Best regards,
Vlad
You are right Vlad. It has been so long since Marty posted, I suspected he had sold his car, bought a Legacy or something else, that happens. Plus, my memory is faulty, I was thinking he was Swiss.

Regards the driver side window, if the scratches are not too deep, you can buy a range of aggressive polishes that can polish the glass till the scratches are gone. There is a how-to on here somewhere about it. If the scratches are very deep it's not always possible to completely polish them away.
These scratches are caused by grit that is held in the felt guiding pads. You will need to also take the cards off the insides of the doors and replace these guide pads with fresh ones. They are not too expensive.

Regards the bulbs for the switches we have the part number on here for replacing them. The original bulbs will have a green rubber condom on them that makes the light green; as you replace the bulbs transfer this green rubber onto the new white bulbs.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 04-26-2009, 02:54 PM

Re: Thank you Joe,

Thanks once more I have some polishes - will try. Thanks for pointing the reason of these scratches on the window - will replace if find with my dealer as well as the bulbs.

Vlad
Old 04-27-2009, 07:48 AM
Cruisin' in Gator Country
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX Classic SVX

Nice Pearl '94 JACOBOCAJ. That color is rare for that year.
Gene
1994 SVX LSi AWD 95K - Emerald Pearl (sold)
1992 SVX LS-L AWD 115K - Dark Teal 4.44 swap (sold)
Old 04-30-2009, 04:01 PM

My name is Dustin. I live in West Virginia. I'm 18 and am employeed at the West Virginia Children's Home. I've knowed about this site for a long time now. I own a 94 awd lsi and also a 94 ls front wheel drive. i'm currently building the back. i bought it wrecked and i couldn't stand to see the suub go to the junkyard. both are very fast, handle very great. i plan on putting a six speed in my lsi if i can ever give the dirt trackin a break. lol
Old 04-30-2009, 04:26 PM

Hello SVX World! Haha. My name is Will, and I'm the lucky new owner of a once-beautiful 92 SVX. Unfortunately the poor thing was in an accident and is pretty trashed, but I'm going to try and get the old girl back in shape! If any of you are in SoCal and would be interested in helping restore an SVX to her former glory this summer, hit me up. I'm excited and overwhelmed at the amount of work I've gotta do (in addition to finding a job... lol). Nice community you guys have here... and thanks for the wealth of information on my new old car!
Old 04-30-2009, 04:27 PM

Wow I cant believe I never officially checked in...

I'm Dan, 27 as of this writing. From Adrian, MI. Currently work at RadioShack as a manager but who knows for how long (long story). I got a 92 SVX. Previous cars include a Mazda MX3, Chevy Camaro, Ford Tempo, Chevy Lumina, Ford Probe GT, Chevy Aveo, Nissan 300zx (non-turbo), Datsun 280zx Turbo, Datsun 240z, and of course the SVX.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:31 PM

Welcome one, welcome all!!