How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 12-03-2001, 03:08 PM
I look like Gordon

Road trip

I drove up to New Jersey this weekend to pick up the set of wheel and tires that I bought from junior (see the For Sale section), along with a trunk liner for Ron and a set of like-new trunk lifts that were an "impulse" buy. The wheels are very nice, so nice in fact that I am actually rethinking my plan to refinish a set. As a bonus, they came with a set of Toyo Proxes that have at least 80% tread left and are a great improvement from the el-cheapo Bridgestones that were on the car when I bought it. The wheels are perfectly balanced, and I can't believe the improvement in feel... I am very happy with them.

As painful as it was to see an SVX torn to pieces, it was overall a very interesting trip. Junior (Laszlo, actually) has a bunch of good stuff left. I tried to check out as much as I could, so if any of you were considering purchasing any parts from him, I will be happy to tell you anything I can about them. He was a nice guy to deal with, too.
Old 12-03-2001, 05:38 PM
Green1995SVX

How were the bumper covers on the car? front and rear.

-MD
Old 12-03-2001, 07:19 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Thumbs up

Woo-Hoo!!! At last, my car will have all its pieces.
Thanks, Mike. See you soon.
Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 12-03-2001, 07:21 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Ron Mummert
Woo-Hoo!!! At last, my car will have all its pieces.
Thanks, Mike. See you soon.
Ron.
Unlike the driver who has a few loose screws!

(Sorry, Ron. You can't hang one over the plate like that and not expect me to "swing away." )
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 12-03-2001, 08:57 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

Unlike the driver who has a few loose screws!

(Sorry, Ron. You can't hang one over the plate like that and not expect me to "swing away." )
Speaking of baseball & hanging over the plate, didn't we cover the topic of balls in another thread?
Batty Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 12-04-2001, 09:08 AM
I look like Gordon

Quote:
Originally posted by Green1995SVX
How were the bumper covers on the car? front and rear.

-MD
I do not remember specifically. The front of the car in general had a good bit of stone pitting. I don't think there was any damage that could not be fixed with paint, but I honestly don't remember exactly. I have a bunch of pictures, I will try to find one that shows the front end clearly and post it in this thread.

-Mike
Old 12-04-2001, 09:16 AM
Yeah, I'm still around

Rufus

Can you just add a folder to your locker and post all the pics there? It may save you form multiple individual posts as people request parts.

Just a thought.
Old 12-04-2001, 01:47 PM
I look like Gordon

OK, I posted all the pictures Junior sent me in my personal locker. Please remember that I am not involved in the sale of these items in any way. I will tell you what I know about anything I saw, but that's it.

I bought the wheels and tires, all the lug nuts, the trunk lid liner, and the trunk lifts.

I believe he has already sold the hood lifts and the entire a/c system, and possibly the rear deck spoiler. I am not sure about any of this, though, so your best bet is to get in touch with him if you are interested.

The car has a very nice looking aftermarket muffler on it that someone should pick up if they are into that sort of thing. It has dual outlet pipes on both sides, and I must admit that it looked sweet and appeared to be in excellent condition. The doors both look to be in excellent shape, the spoiler is in nice condition with only a couple paint chips, the sunroof looks good. He has a set of genuine SVX floor mats in the car. They are a bit dirty, and it is hard to say how nice they would look if cleaned up, but they might be a nice addition for someone who doesn't have a set and doesn't want to shell out the money for new ones. The drivers seat is in average condition, with the normal wear patterns and a small tear, about 1 inch long. I do not remember any problems with any of the glass on the car.

That's all I can think of for now.

-Mike
Old 12-04-2001, 03:42 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by rufus
OK, I posted all the pictures Junior sent me in my personal locker. Please remember that I am not involved in the sale of these items in any way. I will tell you what I know about anything I saw, but that's it.

I bought the wheels and tires, all the lug nuts, the trunk lid liner, and the trunk lifts.

I believe he has already sold the hood lifts and the entire a/c system, and possibly the rear deck spoiler. I am not sure about any of this, though, so your best bet is to get in touch with him if you are interested.

The car has a very nice looking aftermarket muffler on it that someone should pick up if they are into that sort of thing. It has dual outlet pipes on both sides, and I must admit that it looked sweet and appeared to be in excellent condition. The doors both look to be in excellent shape, the spoiler is in nice condition with only a couple paint chips, the sunroof looks good. He has a set of genuine SVX floor mats in the car. They are a bit dirty, and it is hard to say how nice they would look if cleaned up, but they might be a nice addition for someone who doesn't have a set and doesn't want to shell out the money for new ones. The drivers seat is in average condition, with the normal wear patterns and a small tear, about 1 inch long. I do not remember any problems with any of the glass on the car.

That's all I can think of for now.

-Mike
For some reason, I had in my head that this car had been wrecked and was in the elements, therefore, I didn't have you check on the fabric panel for the sunroof. Did you happen to see it, and was it in good shape, if you did? I'd really like to replace mine, since the previous owner tried to throw a cigarette out the sunroof, with the sunroof closed. Looks kinda icky.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 12-04-2001, 03:57 PM
I look like Gordon

Randy-

I did not look at it specifically, but judging from the condition of the rest of the interior, I would guess it is in pretty good shape. I would certainly get in touch with him if I were you.

The car is not wrecked at all. There is some engine damage that junior has tried to get fixed with no success, so he has decided to part out the car to try to recoup as much of his investment as possible. It hurts to see an otherwise nice SVX stripped for parts, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

I considered making an offer on the whole thing, but the "you already have too many damn cars" part of me spoke up just in time

I will send Laszlo an email for you if you'd like. I assume it is OK to give him your email address? Waiting to hear back from you...
Old 12-04-2001, 04:15 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by rufus
Randy-

I will send Laszlo an email for you if you'd like. I assume it is OK to give him your email address? Waiting to hear back from you...
Please do. I'd appreciate it.
Subaru Ambassador