Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 09-01-2004, 08:14 AM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
fender badges are cool

We got our fender badges in over here at ECUtune today. A drivers side and passenger side badge for each stage.

Old 09-01-2004, 08:23 AM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

Those look awesome!

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 09-01-2004, 08:23 AM
Subaru Swapper

Send a message via AIM to AFBeefcake
I can't wait to see that last set of badges to start to show up on cars.
Are you going to be selling the badges or are they going to be coming with the chips?
Old 09-01-2004, 08:30 AM
Subaru Swapper

Send a message via AIM to AFBeefcake
O I see, your other post had the answer.
Old 09-01-2004, 08:32 AM
Just some dude.

Quote:
Originally posted by AFBeefcake
I can't wait to see that last set of badges to start to show up on cars.
Are you going to be selling the badges or are they going to be coming with the chips?
They will come with the corresponding product and eventually we will post them for sale for a small amount so replacements are available in case of paint work etc. We will also be putting them in the mail to customers like you who have purchased the products before the badges were available.

We have a customer, a member of these forums in fact, who has said he's 100% in for Stage III. We're expecting to get the check in about a week so it shouldn't be too long before there's something to put the Stage III fender badges on. We'll be starting a thread detailing the progress as we go.
Old 09-01-2004, 09:05 AM

Send a message via AIM to PatrickB
Quote:
Originally posted by longassname

They will come with the corresponding product and eventually we will post them for sale for a small amount so replacements are available in case of paint work etc. We will also be putting them in the mail to customers like you who have purchased the products before the badges were available.

We have a customer, a member of these forums in fact, who has said he's 100% in for Stage III. We're expecting to get the check in about a week so it shouldn't be too long before there's something to put the Stage III fender badges on. We'll be starting a thread detailing the progress as we go.
I hope to have the last set of badges as well. either that or a custom turbo setup.
Old 09-01-2004, 09:30 AM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

ohhhh man i cant wait to order my stage I chip!!!!!

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 09-01-2004, 09:54 AM
Just some dude.

Here are some pics of them on my car. I really need to get a decent digital camera; anyone want to trade me a d100 for something? It's so hard to take pictures of shiny reflective things with a pos digital camera.

Old 09-01-2004, 05:16 PM
shiftin' an automatic

Send a message via AIM to EddieSVX
Excuse my ignorance if this is old news and I should've known, but... Are you guys developing a supercharger setup to go along with the Stage III ECU update, or is that just there for kicks?
'92 SVX LS-L (For Sale! Info and link to pics... ) #9536 blt. 4/92 (late boomer '92)
'01 Audi S4 (2.7L Twin Turbo - 6MT)
Old 09-01-2004, 05:20 PM
shiftin' an automatic

Another question (or comment I guess)... On your site you state 281 HP at the wheels, and over 400 at the crank...

That would mean there's a 30% drivetrain powerloss... That sounds somewhat exagerated.

Did you guys mean over 300 at the crank?
'92 SVX LS-L (For Sale! Info and link to pics... ) #9536 blt. 4/92 (late boomer '92)
Old 09-01-2004, 05:29 PM
BoondockSVX

Quote:
Originally posted by EddieSVX
That would mean there's a 30% drivetrain powerloss... That sounds somewhat exagerated.
Welcome to the world of AWD. Twice as many components= twice as much friction, a normal FWD car gets about 15-20% loss, AWD cars get around 25-35% loss.

- Jim
Old 09-01-2004, 05:34 PM
shiftin' an automatic

Quote:
Originally posted by BoondockSVX

Welcome to the world of AWD. Twice as many components= twice as much friction, a normal FWD car gets about 15-20% loss, AWD cars get around 25-35% loss.

- Jim
Ouch! That sucks, hehe. My DSM's didn't take that big of a hit. I guess subaru drivetrains aren't as efficient.
Old 09-01-2004, 10:06 PM
Just some dude.

Quote:

Ouch! That sucks, hehe. My DSM's didn't take that big of a hit. I guess subaru drivetrains aren't as efficient.
Yes Eddie it looks like wheel measurements are approximately 32% lower than crank horespower on an SVX. It's hard to say exactly but they are definitely more than 29% lower. You can verify this by comparing the 160 something at the wheels measured with the stock ecu software with the advertised 230 hp at the crank from factory. That's a 29% loss if you assume the difference in measurement is all loss. It's probably more fair and accurate to say the measurement is 29% lower than to call it loss since these measurements are at the wheels after an automatic transmission (torque converter does just that converts power to torque). Since the car had good exhaust work and a k&n it's fair to assume actual horspower was slightly higher than 230 and thus the measurement was more than 30% lower than crank horsepower. We are actually very cautious in our statements and used a flat 30% to come up with our crank horsepower estimates based on wheel horsepower. What's really important is the difference between the 3 measurements taken rather than the "crank horsepower" calculated by them. We just knew it was important to include crank horsepower measurements since that is what the typical person is used to. The idea is to call to your attention not to comparing 281 with 230 but with 164, to get you to look at the graphs till you understand what you are looking at.

Last edited by longassname; 09-01-2004 at 10:32 PM.
Old 09-01-2004, 10:20 PM
Just some dude.

Quote:
Excuse my ignorance if this is old news and I should've known, but... Are you guys developing a supercharger setup to go along with the Stage III ECU update, or is that just there for kicks?
We are developing a supercharger system. Sounds like we'll be starting work on the first system soon. It's been planned out for some time now and we let it be known that we would do the physical development once the first one was purchased and the first purchaser would be get the benefit of our installing the system for him/her. Some one has now "commited" to doing this and we are expecting his check soon. We will start a thread here detailing the progress of Stage III just as we did for Stage II.

Nothing on our site is just there for kicks. Everything is very real and developped with exacting attention to quality and performance.
Old 09-02-2004, 09:54 AM
shiftin' an automatic

Quote:
Originally posted by longassname

We are developing a supercharger system. Sounds like we'll be starting work on the first system soon. It's been planned out for some time now and we let it be known that we would do the physical development once the first one was purchased and the first purchaser would be get the benefit of our installing the system for him/her. Some one has now "commited" to doing this and we are expecting his check soon. We will start a thread here detailing the progress of Stage III just as we did for Stage II.

Nothing on our site is just there for kicks. Everything is very real and developped with exacting attention to quality and performance.
Just had to ask.

It's great to know there's a real kit being developed. This may actually be my determining factor on whether I'll be keeping my SVX, or getting a Tbird Supercoupe. I'll hang on tight.