Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 08-23-2004, 04:16 PM

Angry i hate angry people....

i hate people that are so angry that they pull **** off on you or for some reason you dont know why they have a grudge against you........i had gotten out of school regular day went pretty good actaully then i realised im getting my new stereo in and i have 10 repeater eater cards from dominoes wich made the day even better since i got a free meal....i go to get my stereo, ok its not in yet theyll have it tommorow, no big deal.....i go to dominoes and get my pizza on my way walking back to my pearlie some ***** opens her door and hits my svx she got out like she was bothered by going to work again or something so i just stopped in the middle of the parking lot with my pizza in my right hand and my keys in my left i looked at her, she looked at me like she dident care what she did i bepped my car by this time she was aware it was my car and i had seen what she did so she kept walking i told myself i wasent gonna let it bother me and i really wasent sure if she had hit my car or not so i go look at it and there is a scratch about the size of the end of your thumb nail about a little thicker the bad part was it scratched off all the way to the bottem and theres a black mark in the middle of a nice waxed 2 days ago pearlie....i just turned around with a firm voice and said.... Have a Nice Day.
Old 08-23-2004, 04:47 PM

i just remember another reason she might have opened it so wide was she was a pretty big woman but there is still no excuse i had one parking place next to me on the left she parked on the right of me and next to her there were like 15 parking spaces..........

***sold***

"was" The Only Subaru Svx Owner in Laredo Tx., or maybe atleast only owner registered here....

http://www.cardomain.com/id/phoenix_3737
Old 08-23-2004, 05:27 PM
Old Fogey

Registered SVX
Phoenix_3737,
Guess you'd have to hate me then as well, cuz PISSED! is what I'd have been in your shoes. How many times have any of us returned to our precious machines to find some ****head has left us a souvinier of their visit, and wished we'd have been there? Have to admire your patience though, cuz that broada$$ would have found something to remember me by, as I personally could not have resisted temptation. Even if it was just a (sorry for previous gross-out) as a sign of mutual "respect"!

Glenn

1993 25th Anniversary Edition #63 of 301. R.I.P. Rojo 7/24/2008 She saved my life!
1997 Ebony Mica Pearl LSI. BLACKBERRY
1998 5-Spd Legacy GT Wagon in Glacier White: NUBURU
2005 Cadillac STS in Sandstorm Metallic: STORMY

Veteran and farthest traveler of 1st SoCal2MuseumsMeet2010.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?RojoRocket

Last edited by RojoRocket; 08-23-2004 at 09:07 PM.
Old 08-23-2004, 05:28 PM

It's even worse when you are in the car and they do it!
Old 08-23-2004, 08:46 PM
Green1995SVX

Congratulations on the restraint. If it were me I would have had a difficult time not yelling some mean things at her.
Old 08-24-2004, 12:33 PM

i would have offered her fat arse some exercise....buffing out the marks...maybe burn off the calories she is about to consume...maybe give her one day of her life back...turns out you were doing her a favor. i can't stand fat lazy people...or any kind of lazy person for that matter

i wouldn't have stood for it, i would have had the cops there

i would not win the 100 bucks on MTV's boiling point

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 08-24-2004, 06:48 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
I had that happen to me as well.

I parked in the spot beside a handicapped spot. In somes a minivan, parks about a foot away (at most) from my car in the handicapped spot (not handicapped) and the passenger opens their door right into mine putting the only ding on the whole side of the car.

I went out and got the owner to open their door to verify the ding was caused by them then proceeded to get their information to file a claim.

On a side note my insurance wanted to repaint the door in addition to removing the dent.
Old 08-24-2004, 10:15 PM
SVX Appeal

So I had this rental car, five years ago, roughly. It's an Oldsmobile or Buick something or other. It's got all the goodies: ABS, traction control, power everything, heads-up display, and a nifty key fob.

The key fob is the coolest part. It's got like six buttons and they do almost everything depending on what button combination you use.

So I'm going to Wal-Mart. Just as I'm leaving the car, I notice a car pull in beside me. The lady opens her door right into the rental, hard enough that I hear it hit. She gets out of her car as though nothing happened. First of all, it's a freakin' rental, so I don't really care. Secondly, it has big plastic side panels all the way around, so it's all Rubbermaid and bulletproofed. ...but that's not the point.

I can't believe a lightning bolt hasn't smitten this lady already, so I'm watching to see what happens next. She must be about to give birth to a cow, because she's certainly large enough and she's got enough food in her hands to indicate she's eating for quintuplets. The first thing she does is set her Hippo-Meal on the roof of my rental. She waddles around a little bit, nudging her door into mine a few times as she sorts out her food, finally determining that her desire to buy more food at Wal-Mart is more important than the food at hand. So she decides to dump her feast into the back seat, repeating her first performance again with the rear door. The problem is that her drink, which appears to be the next size smaller than a 55-gallon drum, is hampering her ability to balance her food, which is compounded by her inability to bend anywhere but at the jaw.

So she sets her drink on my trunk. I'm still wondering what's taking the lightning bolt so long. Her little show goes on a bit longer, but finally she somehow manages to part ways with her food. She closes her doors, turns around, and grabs her drink off of my trunk. At that precise moment, I press the magic button combination on the key fob, which releases the trunk. The lady backs away a step and looks around to see who is watching. The remote has great range, so she doesn't spot me.

She hesitantly reaches out and closes my trunk. I wait a half-second and pop the trunk again. This time she quickly reaches out and bats it closed. ...but it doesn't even latch because I've already released it again.

Now she's turning red. She starts to close the trunk again - slowly this time - and she's looking around for a place to set her drink. She gets the trunk mostly closed and starts to set the drink on it again, but the trunk slopes now and the drink wants to slide off. (Those rental places use great wax.) Frustrated, she attempts to slam the trunk, which is of course to no avail. She turns around, rotating like a small planet, and sets the drink on her trunk.

Again she turns around, determined this time to close the damn trunk. She positions herself directly behind the car, and with her immense weight, leans on the trunk. It latches! After her diamond-crushing exertion, I wasn't sure the trunk would ever open again, but... One-Mississippi, two-Mississippi, three-Missis-*CLICK*! I'm waiting for her to explode at this point. She looks around again, still not noticing the guy with a key fob, standing behind a minivan laughing. She reaches up and slams the trunk so hard it sets off a car alarm two cars away.

I decide the game is over. She's made it clear that she's more than capable of breaking something, and painfully obvious that it's likely to happen. She waits. It's staying shut. I change positions so as not to face the wrath of her gravitational forces should her orbit pass too near. Yup, it appears to be latched. Before it can spring up again, she makes a B-line for Wally's, gets halfway, and remembers that she forgot her drink. She stops to turn around, judges the distance to be too far, and forgoes the journey to rescue it.

I shopped at Wal-Mart for a little while and returned to my car. Her car was gone. Her drink was on the ground, cup crushed, lid blowing around in the breeze, diet sugarwater leaving a sticky puddle under my car. Nice. No door dings that I could detect. The rental company didn't complain.

Somewhere there's a lightning bolt with her name on it.

Some people just don't seem to get it.

Last edited by UberRoo; 08-25-2004 at 01:11 AM.
Old 08-24-2004, 10:30 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
That story is hilarious!
Old 08-24-2004, 11:39 PM
Green1995SVX

HAHA What a great read! I love it!
Old 08-25-2004, 12:11 AM
*Special* Member

Send a message via AIM to Bwana
That has got to be the most well written story I've ever read here. AMAZAING use of adjectives! Five smilies for you!
1996 Brilliant Red L (AWD). Bought: 6-14-04 - Sold: 3-3-07 - 15.370 @ 89.65
1992 Claret/black LS #4086 (GF's). Bought: 6-30-04 - Sold: 7-29-07
1994 Pearl White LSi Bought: 2001? Sold: 2004?
Old 08-25-2004, 12:12 AM
*Special* Member

Send a message via AIM to Bwana
P.S. Thread stolen successfully!
1996 Brilliant Red L (AWD). Bought: 6-14-04 - Sold: 3-3-07 - 15.370 @ 89.65
1992 Claret/black LS #4086 (GF's). Bought: 6-30-04 - Sold: 7-29-07
1994 Pearl White LSi Bought: 2001? Sold: 2004?
Old 08-25-2004, 11:44 PM
SVX Appeal

Quote:
Originally posted by Bwana
P.S. Thread stolen successfully!

Sadly, there is no fabrication in that story, only creative embellishment. The miracle is that during the disbelieving stupor of witnessing this event, somehow I was clever enough to think to use the magic trunk release. I suppose it helps that I had been playing with it all week.

Things I learned:
1.) The trunk will not open while the car is in drive, but it will open in park, neutral, and even reverse.
2.) The key fob range is about 50 feet, but over 200 if parked in an alleyway.
3.) Power windows can crush pop cans, but not with all four windows simultaneously.
4.) The sunroof cannot crush pop cans.
5.) GM's supercharged V6 really hates low octane fuel, but doesn't mind the mid-grade stuff.
6.) Traction control is very effective, but no fun to drive.
7.) ABS takes precedent over traction control; Lightly riding the brake pedal will disable the traction control.
8.) GM's supercharged V6 will light up the front tires in second gear.
9.) GM's supercharged V6 really needs traction control.
10.) Traction control does work rather well off-road.
11.) Those GM sedans have horrible ground clearance.
12.) Never buy a used rental car.