How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 08-22-2003, 12:38 AM
black-svx

New Pictures

This has nothin to do with nothin, but I just figured out the locker option and put some decent pictures in there for your enjoyment. The Mark VIII you see on fire was my previous car. An awesome car which would chirp the tires on the 1-2 shift (I had some mods).

There tends to be plenty of quality cars on the Pacific Coast Highway around LA and the drivers typically don't mind putting their right foot into it - - the only car i DONT see dont here are more SVXs!
Old 08-22-2003, 04:03 AM
Sue isn't really striped

I like the SVX, but how did the other car end up on fire?
Old 08-22-2003, 08:40 AM
black-svx

The fire is actually still a mystery - - I just parked it one day, and then heard a really bad popping sound so went outside and the thing was toast. That marked my transition to the SVX . . . another great car.
Old 08-22-2003, 09:13 AM
JLittell

SH*t! That car fire!! It just happened?? Damn, What if It was parked in the garage???

Maybe you can sell the shifter on Ebay! List it as charcoal color!
Old 08-22-2003, 10:31 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
I once seen a SVX on fire in Chicago near O'hare. It was gone within minutes and that was days before I own a SVX so I did not pay too much attention.

I saw a ford station wagon burned to the ground last Friday on I55. That was also toast.

As you all know I found a new hobby as of late and one of the things to power a RC plane is using Lithium (Ion/Polymer) cells. One of the guys powered it with a Li-Po cell and had 3 planes in the trunk of his Lexus LS450. He went out to fly his second plane. One of the Li-Pos in the first plane that he just flew exploded and the car caught on fire. By the time he got to his car about 50-100 ft away, his car is burnt to the ground. His dog barely made it out.

I've also seen some footages of cellphone li-ion cells exploding. Trust me use the ear chord or Blue-tooth ear-piece with ni-cad cells. Put it this way, you will not survive if the li-ion cell were to explode next to your head.

L
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 08-22-2003, 11:08 AM
black-svx

Exploding cell phones! Actually, I just read about this yesterday - - finding link - - ok here it is. Take a look. Apparently this woman DID survive.

Here is the Link on Yahoo news

As for my ex-car . . yes it could have EASILY been in the garage. This was at my parent's house and it did melt the back end of their cadillac, and liquified a nearby plastic trash can or two. This was actually the first time I saw a car burning up close and personal. I might also try to sell that steering wheel you see my buddy holding - - "1995 Mark VIII Leather Steering Wheel, slightly worn"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mark viii - flaming end12.jpg (51.1 KB, 93 views)