Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > ECU Tune Projects

Old 02-17-2005, 12:18 PM
blah blah, blah.

When i reinstalled the ECU, i screwed on the top 2 bolts a little before i put the ECU in. Its a little harder to get in with the bolts but i managed to get 2 of the screws through the holes (bottem one and top right one). The 3rd one is pushed up agasn't the metal, but u can't push the ECU high enough to get it into the hole for the screw, but no problem. just tighten the bottem screw all the way, and the top one as much as ur patients allows..
I did this after i installed first and only tightend the bottem screw, but i noticed the TCU would rattle.
Mods (in order of install)- K&N air filter, ECUtune stage 1v.4, Alternator mod, removed intake resonator, B&M Supercooler, Window Tint, JDM Emblem, Hid Kit 5000K.
Old 04-30-2005, 04:19 PM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Ecutune Stage 1 Installation Complete

Many thanks to all of you for you excellent tips. Just finished installation and am very pleased. When I first started it after the install, was a little worried because idle was about 1500 rpm. But after warm-up at 800 rpm. Took it out on the road and noticed some subtle but really fun differences. Car seems a little more reponsive to the accelerator. Less hesitation when you put the hammer down. Max acceleration from stop, you can feel the chip come on about 2500-3000 rpm. A real jump that doesn't begin to back off until 5000-5500 rpm, then you hit shift point about 6200-6500. The new exhaust system also sounds great when it's winding up.

A few observations about the install:
* It really helps to have short forearms and to be right handed. I strike out on both of those.
* The size of the nut that holds the ECU in place is 10 mm.
* The idea of using those head mounted flashlights is a great idea.

ECUTune still owes me a bumper emblem. They were out when I ordered. Want one to go with my Outlaw Engineering sticker.

94 LSi 81,000 m. Smallcar Shift kit; Summit Racing transmission cooler; ECUTune Stage 1 v1.4; hi flow exhaust with Magnaflow cat, Bullet Muffler; Rota Boost bronze 17x8 wheels with 245/40 17 B.F. Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW's; Race Concepts drilled and slotted rotors, Metal Master pads, SS brake lines. Outlaw Engineering phenolic spacers not yet installed.
Old 05-01-2005, 08:11 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunslade
snip*

ECUTune still owes me a bumper emblem. They were out when I ordered. Want one to go with my Outlaw Engineering sticker.

Yeah, who'd have ever thought that SVX owners would have to wait for stickers for mods we'd actually been able to purchase?
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 07-24-2005, 11:37 AM
pnyklr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide
1. Read the directions carefully before touching anything on the car,2. Move the Driver's seat all the way back,
3. Move the steering wheel up as much as you can,
4. Get yourself one of those "miner's light" that you can wear around your head so you can see what you're doing once you're one your back and trying to loosen the bolts holding the ECU in place
5. Make sure the car battery is disconnected - after you move the Driver's seat back.
6. Make sure you've grounded yourself before you start working on the ECU - you don't want any stray static electricity doing a number on the electronics within the ECU.
-Bill

Found the directions..good to go

Last edited by pnyklr; 07-24-2005 at 11:51 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: