How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 04-30-2005, 04:31 AM
KCROGUEDOG

tranny

my tranny has been normal and fine since i bought the car now over the past week im getting a lag on my shifts mainly on higher gears 3rd to drive. no problems on take offs. maybe a late point hesitation prob. it feels more tranny but ive been driving easy on it. to survive long trip to states in july. it feels more in the higher gears. the ones i think im more harsh on by driving aggresively. i have money saved for a hell of a road trip that i dont want to use on 5 or 6 spd swap yet till i get settled in the states. any one else have the same problems and how to fix or make better. small car kit. disconnet. and i got a 97 obd2 so will i get a CE light on the small car kit? I also have no sucess with at transmissions. every car did not survive. I need a clutch.
Old 04-30-2005, 07:14 AM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Put it in "2" and manual mode and see if it slips. If it is slipping in 2nd then a brake band adjustment could fix it.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 04-30-2005, 08:20 AM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

Ive never ever heard of a 97 tranny failing so this would surprise me if it did fail.

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 04-30-2005, 04:04 PM
KCROGUEDOG

immortal so 2nd manual and take off from a stop? till when and how do i dectect that its the bands.
Old 04-30-2005, 04:11 PM
KCROGUEDOG

i had fluid changed 3 months ago and i put some nasty thick azz slick 50 tranny stuff in. but i have not had problems till now and the only change has been the weather from 0 to 60ish. i think ill flush it again before buying a shift kit and info on that would be nice. 97 will it set CE light? im still about to try the suggested above but what am i feeling for flaring?
Old 05-03-2005, 02:42 AM
KCROGUEDOG

still need info or help i still have yet to change fluid and i did the manual thing. i did notice one big problem when in drive and at 60+ i had to slow to 40ish when i did i pushed on the gas to regain speed and got a two small jerks and the car took off. i tried it again same thing happened. is this a slip. my car on the deceleration never downshifted ethier. so low rpms in drive = jerks then catch and go. this is only in drive though. in all other gears i get little flare and take off is good. suggestions or thoughts please?
Old 05-03-2005, 06:13 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
In manual and 2nd from a start if you feel it slipping then you can be fairly certain it is a brake band problem. Sounds like your is slipping in more than one gear though.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:23 PM
KCROGUEDOG

ty for response b. i tried it really no slip in low gears at all just higher gears. small car shift kit might help u think. i just need the at tranny for another 5 months till swap. for mt.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:53 PM
THAWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by soobiesvx93
Ive never ever heard of a 97 tranny failing so this would surprise me if it did fail.
Any automatic transmission is prone to failure.
Old 05-04-2005, 03:53 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCROGUEDOG
ty for response b. i tried it really no slip in low gears at all just higher gears. small car shift kit might help u think. i just need the at tranny for another 5 months till swap. for mt.
Sounds like the high clutch. In the beginning 3-4 will start to slip. After a while it gets really bad. After that 2-3 will slip.
Old 05-04-2005, 06:18 PM
KCROGUEDOG

k i changed fluid and all is well why i dont know. i changed fluid 4 months ago and i know i over filled a little. that is all i can think of with the rapid changing temp of alaska to. i did read some where about to much or not enough fluid will cause eratic and some slipping. i still am going to purchase the small car kit i dont need a scare again. will that set a ce light on the 97.