SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 10-24-2001, 08:14 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Zombie
Dude... mr. Pockets... I feel like and A$$clown. I diddnt even notice the part of his post that mentioned the fule mileage... I was focused on the smoke.... So when I read your reply, I was thinking.... where did tank size and mileage come from???? Sometimes I have been known to accdentally post in thewrong thred. I thought thats what you hade done, when I was just being a moron. Sorry man.... and I thought you were confused.....
Assclown! Brilliant! That'll be my word of the day.

Don't worry about it.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 10-24-2001, 09:03 AM
Zombie

I'm glad you like my word. At least something good may have come from my ignorance. Anyway... the first time I heard it was in the movie "Office Space" one of the software developers is named Michale Bolton. He hates it, and there is another developer that cant understand why. (He is an immigrant) The developer "Mike" says: "Well, it was a good name untill that no-talent assclown started singing and winning grammys." ANYWAY.... thats the history of assclown in case you care... but you probably don't.... cause as I think about it.... I really dont either.
Old 10-24-2001, 09:31 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Zombie
... the first time I heard it was in the movie "Office Space" :
Ah...I remember...classic movie...I'm so glad that I can't relate to it any more.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 10-24-2001, 07:10 PM
maestro

well, checked the tranny fluid. dip stick was clean as clean can be. Not even a drop. tommorow, the car gets towed to my fathers shop. I may be screwed. Maybe not. How much is a new tranny? I put fluid in the tranny, turned the car on and it made a whistling sound and flew out on the ground (the fluid). Must be a hose. Hopefully its cheap (under $500, at this point). At least it looks pretty sitting where it is.
Old 10-24-2001, 11:07 PM
The Road Less Traveled

My story...

3 weeks after I had the transmission cooler installed, the hose going to the cooler came off the connector. With a pool of red on the ground, it looked like the car was bleeding to death. Caught it real early, probably lost less than 1 litre before I pulled over, when it decided to dump all of it out. Had the car towed, topped it up, and all was fine.

14 months later, the hose on the other side of the same connector fell off... This time, I didn't catch it until the car barely moved even at 4000RPM. Fluid was low enough that the car at that point would not move at all, forward or reverse. Had the car towed, flushed tranny, topped up fluid, and again, all was fine.

Spot the loose hose, top it up, you may be out the door for less than $100 even with synthetic fluid. Consider it a tranny flush.

Your mileage may vary...

VK
Old 10-25-2001, 11:38 AM
Lowered SVX

i have three words i use a lot that are really funny.

dirta$$, scuma$$, and naco (this is slang for trashy mexican). but i use it for people who are just ridiculous rednecks, like Aredub

dont worry he will appreciate that.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 10-25-2001, 12:28 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: i have three words i use a lot that are really funny.

Quote:
Originally posted by 1994SubaruSVX
dirta$$, scuma$$, and naco (this is slang for trashy mexican). but i use it for people who are just ridiculous rednecks, like Aredub

dont worry he will appreciate that.
Well, thank you there, bubba. Glad to know there are terms of "respect" for a guy like me. BTW, just so's you don't go postal on me, "bubba" is a term of endearment in my house. I refer to my son as bubba, as well as using it in general conversation. Definitely NOT a slur.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI