How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 10-31-2002, 04:58 PM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
One small fact that i would like to point out... The co-effecient of drag on an SVX is actually extremely low.. I believe (not sure) that that was one of the things it was designed for. and plus DSM's are nice... but just not any where NEAR as refined as the SVX. My sister now owns my dads old '93 eclipse GSX... since then we've only bought Subarus.....

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker
Old 10-31-2002, 05:48 PM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
Talking

I was right! The SVX has a coefficient of drag of .29. Not that the eclipses and such are that far behind with .30. so yeah..

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker
Old 10-31-2002, 06:06 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
but which year of Eclipse has a .30cd?
Old 10-31-2002, 09:29 PM

Send a message via AIM to SVXMAN2001
That link made me extremely mad. I couldn't believe how ignorant those group of people are. Solar...I feel sorry for you.
The SVX is in my opinion the best car EVER period. I honestly would take no other car in its place. I have wanted an svx since freshman year of high school.(Iam now a Junior in college.) Finally in Freshman year of college I got the car. Searched long and hard. Presently my car is garaged due to the fact that the tranny is dead. I have no intention ever of selling this car. (How many people with other cars would do this) I will and plan on dumping as much money as it takes to keep this car running. It's funny but when it comes time to elaborate on how much I like the svx, Iam lost for words.
Also one other thing I would like to add, how many dsm's are compared to porshes and jaguars. Absolutely none. I could go on forever about how stupid people are. Iam done.
chris
Old 10-31-2002, 10:06 PM
Green1995SVX

OK i have to see this thread... I'm gonna go to the library and try the computer there...

Mike
Old 10-31-2002, 10:18 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
*Walks away* I DID NOT SEE ANY OF THESE
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 10-31-2002, 10:23 PM
Green1995SVX

OK... read it... wow. umm... those people have no idea what they're talking about. I guess you have to have an svx to really "get it." Because they sure havent "gotten it."

Mike
Old 10-31-2002, 10:24 PM
Green1995SVX

Oh, and by the way, I agree with EVERYTHING chris just said. I'm keeping mine forever... I'll sink 69,000,000 bucks into it if I have to... SVX's are THE BEST cars on the face of the planet.

Mike
Old 11-01-2002, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Green1995SVX
Oh, and by the way, I agree with EVERYTHING chris just said. I'm keeping mine forever... I'll sink 69,000,000 bucks into it if I have to... SVX's are THE BEST cars on the face of the planet.

Mike
I will not say they are the best. But I will say they are unique and definately ahead of their time. I too am going to keep mine (the vin can change) for a long long time to come.

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Old 11-01-2002, 03:28 AM
Hater

this all sounds very familiar. you guys are still kinda young - that's the attitude i had with my 928. i thought it was the greatest car ever, i was never going to sell it, i would put an infinite amount of money in it to keep it going if i had to, etc - but i did sell it.

the SVX was a low production volume, unpopular and relatively expensive car in its time. it had many exclusive parts that it didn't share with other, more popular models. it has been out of production for 5 years. as time goes by, many parts will become unavailable new as Subaru stops manufacturing them. we've already seen this with the grey floormats, transmissions, etc. if we're lucky, aftermarket enthusiasts will jump in and help out with these discontinued parts, but this is an expensive proposition, given the costs involved with manufacturing and the "small" amount of SVX's out there.

i don't want to be bring everyone down, but just to give you a reality check. things will change in your lives, and some will find that breaking point when it finally becomes time to sell. you will get jobs, may get married/buy a house/have kids, etc, and not have time to be "under the car all the time" and just need reliable transportation that doesn't drain your finances. i, realistically, hope to keep my SVX for at least another 10 years or more.

that all being said, here's to everyone's SVX living a long and trouble-free life, and Subaru putting out a fitting replacement in the future that we'll all be able to afford (300+hp SVX II!). i've learned one thing: NEVER say NEVER.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 11-01-2002, 05:09 AM

Send a message via AIM to SVXMAN2001
I understand what your saying landshark, but your telling this to I guy whose dream car is the svx. I consider myself a rather rational and idealistic person and when I say I will never sell my svx I mean it.
chris
Old 11-01-2002, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark

that all being said, here's to everyone's SVX living a long and trouble-free life, and Subaru putting out a fitting replacement in the future that we'll all be able to afford (300+hp SVX II!). i've learned one thing: NEVER say NEVER.
Like I said before, I will keep replacing my SVX with another one and so on and forth till it is all dead OR when FHI brings out SVXII.

If Subaru want me to sell my car, just go out and make SVX II. SVX will be gone. I want a unique car. I don't want a car that I have to go explain to people: Yeah I have the first gen SVX. Second Gen SVX differs from my car in the following ways....) That's just wrong. ANd if they ever make it, that window in window feature will be long gone so SVX might not be unique anymore.

Lwin
Old 11-01-2002, 08:04 AM
Alcyone SVX LSL

Quote:
Originally posted by Green1995SVX
I'll sink 69,000,000 bucks into it if I have to...
Hey Mike, since your doing so well and have 69 mill. you mind lending me a mill.? Like to put a 5-speed and turbo and......, nah lets just keeps it stock
Old 11-01-2002, 08:47 AM
Green1995SVX

Alan, I would bet ANYTHING I will never sell this car. As it is with Chris, the SVX is my dream car too. It wasnt before I bought it (as in his case), but after owning it, for even a week, I began to realize how special a car it is. To me it is the perfect car. It's worth more to me than I could ever sell it for.

Mike
Old 11-01-2002, 09:19 AM
deadeye95

After almost 9 years of ownership, I'm looking down the barrel of a $2K paint job. Pouring money into a car that you'll never see any return on makes me think. It would be more wise to buy 2000 lottery tickets.

In a last ditch effort to delay a paint job until more that a few spots needed it, I bought a $20 dollar can of "custom blend" Brilliant Red and painted the degrading roof of my car. Quickly realized 2 things: a) I'm not a very good painter b) the paint was a different color. Don't get the Sherwin Williams custom blend for this color!

Even though it looks just as bad as before (but in a different way), its going to sit in the garage until later in the winter when I can drive it in the dark to get a paint estimate.

Through the zeal on this site, it's kind of funny to think that in their day, these cars were the Subaru "Aztek". I knew when buying it that $20K would be lost in depreciation in a very short time (and it happened).

Well, I guess you do it because you love it.....