Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 01-22-2009, 07:37 PM

New exh.

I went ahead and put some better exh. on my 92...Took the cat. conv. off and put a Magna flow muffler and went back with 2 1/2 pipe to a y pipe and then they bent up some pipe to the rear and re- used the stock tips....Not too awfully loud and feels like it pulls a little harder....
I know, I have some other issues I should have done first(EGRvalve/solinoid code)....And trans. code #13....But It wasn`t too expensive to get it done so what the hell....I like to HEAR my exh....
P....

Tint, I haven`t seen to many that have tint...Is it a good idea, the way the windows are up front???

Last edited by stuartracing; 01-22-2009 at 07:39 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:20 PM

Send a message via AIM to newkid17 Send a message via Yahoo to newkid17
Re: New exh.

i tried tinting just the top part thet dont go down and, well, umm... i was out there for 4 hours and went through 2 rolls of tint, and i couldnt get the bubbles out. i think it is the way the window bows, but it was a real PITA.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:33 AM
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Freeman
Registered SVX

Have it done "professionally" and you won't have the window bubble problem.. If you do, they'll replace it for free with a lifetime warranty.. So make sure you go somewhere that offers it.

Oh right, also, tint looks awesome.. lol
1992 Pearl White LS-L "Ruslana" #4946 - 180k on body, 95k on engine.
Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1½" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
†"War doesn't determine who is right, only who is left"†
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..
Old 01-23-2009, 06:52 AM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
Have it done "professionally" and you won't have the window bubble problem.. If you do, they'll replace it for free with a lifetime warranty.. So make sure you go somewhere that offers it.

Oh right, also, tint looks awesome.. lol
In moderation

Dustin

1992 Ebony LS-L w/191k miles Mods: a few and acouple more

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

1992 Pearly LS-L w/154k miles Sold Mods: 4.11, rust

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company
Old 01-23-2009, 06:54 AM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX

I've taken tint of two SVXs now. I guess that means I don't like it...

By the time both of the cars with tint got to me the tint had faded to an awful cloudy purple.

Then again, the 1994 Pearl I had looked great with tint.

Old 01-23-2009, 06:56 AM
My car's Italian, right?

Send a message via AIM to Tim

The only thing stopping me from tint is the fact that I have a hard time seeing out the back window at night as it is.

I imagine if I have tint I'll be curbrashing my rims like crazy.

(Waits for the DWA jokes)
2012 Camry V6 SE
Old 01-23-2009, 07:57 AM
Unregistered User

Registered SVX

I have a 1992 pearlie with gunmetal rims(with a chrome lip). Think tint would look good? (35%)
Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1½" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..
Old 01-23-2009, 08:52 AM
Resident Filmmaker

BOOYA!

"BMW is the pioneer of character lines?
Whatever. Take a look at my Subaru's windows
and tell me those lines don't have character.
Punk."
Old 01-23-2009, 10:12 AM
Unregistered User

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartracing View Post
I went ahead and put some better exh. on my 92...Took the cat. conv. off and put a Magna flow muffler and went back with 2 1/2 pipe to a y pipe and then they bent up some pipe to the rear and re- used the stock tips....Not too awfully loud and feels like it pulls a little harder....
I know, I have some other issues I should have done first(EGRvalve/solinoid code)....And trans. code #13....But It wasn`t too expensive to get it done so what the hell....I like to HEAR my exh....
P....

Tint, I haven`t seen to many that have tint...Is it a good idea, the way the windows are up front???
Did you take pictures? How much did it all cost you?
Old 01-23-2009, 11:32 AM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike621 View Post
I've taken tint of two SVXs now. I guess that means I don't like it...

By the time both of the cars with tint got to me the tint had faded to an awful cloudy purple.

Then again, the 1994 Pearl I had looked great with tint.
The one really good shop here that does tinting guarantees no bubbles, no fading, etc. for life. There labor rates aren't too bad either-a normal 4 door for about $200 which includes the cost of the tint. Don't even wanna think about asking them how much to do the SVX.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:39 AM
Unregistered User

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986nate View Post
The one really good shop here that does tinting guarantees no bubbles, no fading, etc. for life. There labor rates aren't too bad either-a normal 4 door for about $200 which includes the cost of the tint. Don't even wanna think about asking them how much to do the SVX.
Hell, it's $120.00 here for a normal car.. I imagine $180.00ish for the SVX.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:05 PM

I just picked up my car from the tint shop....$175.00 and a year warranty on ANY defect....They had it for 2 days...He said it was his first SVX and had to do some heat gun trick to it....But it looks pretty good...He said it was tough because of the shapes of the glass...
The exh. sounds good and costed me $260.00 from a muffler shop...All welded aluma coat pipe....No clamps , no rust....
I would never attemt tinting my self....Tried once and didn`t get past trying to peel the backing off,LOL....Nevemind being a contortionist to fit in the back of some of these cars.....It was tough just getting back there just to clean the window in the rear of this car....
It`s starting to come around, or grow on me...Just have to deal with the sensors....Now showing a #34 and #37 codes EGR and O2 sensor, then a code #32 on the trans. speed sensor 1.... Dammit man....They won`t leave me be,LOL....
P.....
Old 01-23-2009, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Did you take pictures? How much did it all cost you?
No pic.`s yet...Wanna get it right first...All the pic.`s of the cars above look sweet, whit one , blue one....They all look good....Good job guys....
P....
$260.00 for the exh. and $175.00 for the tint job, all windows....
Old 01-23-2009, 07:04 PM
Unregistered User

Registered SVX

Only $260.00!? What did you do again? Added a new muffler and went straight pipe? I didn't understand from your previous post.. Please clarify?
Old 01-23-2009, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Only $260.00!? What did you do again? Added a new muffler and went straight pipe? I didn't understand from your previous post.. Please clarify?
He cut it off at the cat. conv. or pre muffler, I don`t which it is....Took everything off from there back....Then he put in a Magna Flow muffler,then a 2 1/2" dia. peice of pipe all the way to the rear end,made a Y pipe/splitter to come back to the fender with dual pipes to come out the fender,and re- used the stock SVX tips.... Looks like a prett neat job...Not hanging down, everything tucked up and plenty of hangers....
Is that a decent price....I guess the converter is still there, or 1 of them if there was 2....Maybe 1 was a resenator???
P....

What kind of stuff on EBAY should I stay away from??? I need an 02 sensor but I can probably get one here in town just as easy right....Are the left and right both the same???

Last edited by stuartracing; 01-23-2009 at 07:31 PM.