Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Upcoming Meets

Old 10-03-2005, 11:41 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

The results are posted in a thread on NASIOC for the time being..... Here is the thread...

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=856846

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 10-03-2005, 12:09 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMarineSVX
The results are posted in a thread on NASIOC for the time being..... Here is the thread...

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=856846
Great job Chris! 11 out of 19 in Street Modified!

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 10-03-2005, 12:51 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Well, I am pleased to anounce that I (in the GreenMarineSVX) was the fastest SVX there on Saturday.... Unfortunantly since the course was so small and tight it benifitted the smaller cars for their manuverability (2.5rs's) and Very powerful well setup cars for their, well...... power (Sti's and WRX's).... My best time of the day was my last run which was a 36.107... I think the wining time was Tom Hoppe in the T2 STi (Pictures are in the Maryland Thread) with a 31.(something)!!!!! However he ended up clipping a cone which sent his time into the 33's and sent him out of first place... ....

I'll have pics up in my locker ASAP!!! PM me for video clips of the SVX running the course
Chris, are you fastest by default? I didn't see any others listed on the NASIOC thread. Small and tight definately doesn't benefit STIs or WRXs too much but the RSs it will. You're low end torque on a tight course and better handling than the Imprezas should outweigh your lack of smallness a bit. You were running street tires to boot or did you get yourself some Rs?
Old 10-03-2005, 07:05 PM

STi's definitly will win (with an average driver) anyday over an SVX on a small tight course.... Why?? 1. Power 2. Steering rack ratio 3. Brakes 4. Gearing (Transmission and differentials)...

I was the only SVX there, so if ya mean "fastest by default" then yes Actually I think overall I ended up being about mid pack as far as time... I don't understand the whole PAX stuff, but I know that SM usually gets screwed in PAX....

** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 10-03-2005, 07:18 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Chris,
Nice job! We'll have to bring the whole gang down from the Ripken Field Subaru Challenge next year for a show of SVX Force (assuming the price of gas comes down ).
-Bill (wishing he'd had the time to drive down and take ESP... )
p.s. Chris - you should get yourself some R comp tires (used would even work) just to see the difference they make!

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 10-03-2005, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide
p.s. Chris - you should get yourself some R comp tires (used would even work) just to see the difference they make!
Yea, been thinking about this.... Need to get some 17" wheels so I can get the tires on them.... Thinking about trying to find some RX-7 Wheels... Anyone have a set that they would give up??

Old 10-04-2005, 06:33 AM

[QUOTE=GreenMarineSVX]STi's definitly will win (with an average driver) anyday over an SVX on a small tight course.... Why?? 1. Power 2. Steering rack ratio 3. Brakes 4. Gearing (Transmission and differentials)... [B]BUT IT WILL STILL LOOSE TO A HONDA CIVIC IN THAT SAME SMALL TIGHT COURSE BECAUSE IT 1. HANDLES LIKE CRAP, 2. HANDLES LIKE CRAP, 3. HANDLES LIKE CRAP and 4. HANDLES LIKE CRAP
QUOTE]

Fixed your post. I've beaten quite a few average drivers with STis with COUGH, a freaking XT6 on tight courses. It isn't suited to smaller courses in the least. I know we'd outbrake 'em, out steer 'em in ours.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Fixed your post. I've beaten quite a few average drivers with STis with COUGH, a freaking XT6 on tight courses. It isn't suited to smaller courses in the least. I know we'd outbrake 'em, out steer 'em in ours.
Eh....... I actually like the way that they drive. Put me in a "Stock" STi with a JIC suspension and I'll walk on the majority of the pack without even sweating... I guess I just like the way that they drive and feel

Put me in an STi and I'll beat you

Last edited by GreenMarine; 10-04-2005 at 06:40 AM.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Eh....... I actually like the way that they drive. Put me in a "Stock" STi with a JIC suspension and I'll walk on the majority of the pack without even sweating... I guess I just like the way that they drive and feel

Put me in an STi and I'll beat you

Funny a Stock STI (YES THIS IS THE NEW WAY YOU ARE TO SPELL IT AS SUBIE CHANGED) with a JIC. Not very stock there buddy and woo lookie, you're attempting to fix the tractor handling!!!

You wouldn't beat a single Civic in STS on a tight course let alone 1/2 the pack. The car just can't handle worth a darn. It isn't like any other Subaru is better, they just handle like crap!

You'd still loose even in an STI and the funny part is you'd have at least $29,400 more into it to still loose.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:10 AM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Chris,
Two things
1. You'll want to look for 3rd Gen RX-7 rims and they're 16", not 17"
2. I'm with Ben on the autoX discussion. Check the Ripken results - an SVX with only a mild amount of work can beat a stock STI...our cars aren't all that much heavier than the STI and can come down to their weight without a tremendous amount of effort (I'll be running ESP next season at about 3300 lbs).
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker