How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2003, 07:07 PM
Superbeast

Geez, I had to go back and find out what I said that was so bad. Now I realize vineboy just didn't get it.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 05-22-2003, 07:13 PM
svxeno

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryIII
Randy ii,

You asked for a little sympathy, so here it is.
You do have something to be thankful for; "You're nor Randy i or Larry iii."

Now I DO feel better!

Not Randy i or Larry iii

PS:
Randy i - Randy ii - Larry iii =
"Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am stuck in the middle... (Steve Miller)
Old 05-22-2003, 07:19 PM
svxeno

Re: Re: Couldn't sleep, cryin' about the car..

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SHISVX
[B]
Quote:
Originally posted by svxeno

Kelli,

OooOo mean!

you know i am only kidding

all i was trying to point out to you is to keep your head up...some nubie decided it would be a nice idea to pm me with a little unpleasant message...to him i say if he knew how things were around here, maybe he would get the humor

how is the svx now??? wanna buy a new one??

Kelli
Kelli,

I knew that. Otherwise I wouldn't have stuck my tounge out at you. (I really did, not just the symbol) Whoever the "newbie" is you must understand. This is how it is. Most on here know how to take the humor and jabs...in FUN. Stick around and keep reading, you'll see.

SVX is good now. More info to follow.

Randy ii for Kelli and the "Newbie"
Old 05-22-2003, 07:49 PM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
Now that's not nice

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryIII
Randy ii,

You asked for a little sympathy, so here it is.
You do have something to be thankful for; "You're nor Randy i or Larry iii."

Are you calling Randy ii number 2??

92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .
Old 05-22-2003, 08:40 PM
svxeno

Re: Now that's not nice

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncamitzi

That's the best thing I've been called today!

Gee thanks Larry...

Randy Duce
Old 05-22-2003, 08:49 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Wink Re: Now that's not nice

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Uncamitzi
[B]

WHO IS NUMBER ONE?!?!

Name the TV series, & who said it.

Oh, yeah, sympathy.

There, there, Randy. It'll be OK.

Ron (I think he bought it).

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 05-22-2003, 08:51 PM
Superbeast

Don't know but ( Who does #2 work for?)

Old 05-22-2003, 09:49 PM
Rosevineboy

Thumbs down Last Response to SubaFreak, SVXENO, UNCAMITZI & SHISVX

This will be my last to those noted in the subject line. Matter of fact, this will be my last to the forum.

If all of those noted in the subject line follow the threads, then I have no doubt that my response was appropriate to SUBAFREAK.

I dare anyone to go back, review the thread and tell the entire forum that this member was "upset/concerned." Call it what you wish, but this member had concerns and was "venting."

SVXENO responded to my post with, you have no idea "how things are." I doubt seriously if you "realize how things are." Life may be complicated for you, but I doubt seriously if you really "understand how things are." When you are in the position of running a business affecting hundreds of lives, then you will have the "ability to understand how things are." Your SVX may not run, and that may be all you are concerned with. I don't have that luxury.

Then on 5-19-2003, 11:46, SVXENO, responded with, "I don't lose my cool very often and I didn't this afternoon." Guess what, you can't have it both ways. Did you lose your cool? But then, didn't you after all?

Who cares, I don't. You, SVXENO, don't even know if "you lost it or not?" Which is it? Don't bother responding. Just something for your young intellectual mind to bounce around inside something atop your body called a "scull cavity."

You guys in the subject line say, "hey "vineboy, cool it, you don't understand the wording, the philsophy, or even the intent of the forum." First of all, I am not "vineboy", I have a name and have used it in my posts. If you don't care to be professional enough to address me by my first name or member name.... I guess your first or last names don't matter either. I think I have a better understanding of what a "forum" is, than any of those addressed in the subject line.

I am a member of several professional forums ...forums that wouldn't accept or even publish the crap that spews from subject line member's keyboards.

I didn't have a problem listing my age/birthday/year in "the member profile", but it appears that some of you do not wish the rest of the forum to understand how immature or old you may be.

From researching some of the member profiles, it appears that there are quite a few that "must be embarrassed" by their age, otherwise, these individuals would list such information.

To SUBAFREAK, I really think you were "upset, concerned, pissed-off", or whatever you want to call it in your original post.

In my opinion, I was trying to defend your concern, attitude or state of mind. I guess I was wrong.

This is not the first time that I have noticed the "sensitivity" of "forum members" If you are the proud owner of an SVX, then be just that. Be ready to assist. If you think you need to be funny, then jump on someone else's bones, not mine.

Mike Horn, not "Vineboy" or "Nubie" or "Newbie"
Old 05-22-2003, 11:08 PM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
Re: Last Response to SubaFreak, SVXENO, UNCAMITZI & SHISVX

Quote:
Originally posted by Rosevineboy
***snip***From researching some of the member profiles, it appears that there are quite a few that "must be embarrassed" by their age, otherwise, these individuals would list such information.

To SUBAFREAK, I really think you were "upset, concerned, pissed-off", or whatever you want to call it in your original post.

In my opinion, I was trying to defend your concern, attitude or state of mind. I guess I was wrong.

This is not the first time that I have noticed the "sensitivity" of "forum members" If you are the proud owner of an SVX, then be just that. Be ready to assist. If you think you need to be funny, then jump on someone else's bones, not mine.

Mike Horn, not "Vineboy" or "Nubie" or "Newbie"
How long have you been with us? Mr. Horn. Back when I was young and ignorant I had a habit of jumping into the middle of a conversation without getting the context of it. I was told by a burly torpedoman 1st to shut up and listen to the conversation for 10 minutes before I got involved. You my friend, with only 32 posts and signing up all the way back in Feb (4 months) Do you really think that you have the flavor of what's going on here? If Randy had wanted Tech help he would have gone to TECH Q&A. If he had really wanted Deep felt sympathy he would have worded his post much differently. Those of us who live here would have known the difference. Those of us that have been here have shared new life and death with each other. We have met for large meetings and small meetings and have become family with some that we have never met. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt right now and wait to hear your response. I can't believe that you would take that much time and not wait for a response. Well bud, you've got one.

Now pony up and tell us about your car!

By the way I’m 49 and have been posting here since 12/01… I’ve got two SVXen and gotten so much help and support from these people I can’t even begin to relate it to you… Search some of our posts and catch up.

To the regulars sorry and [off/rant]
I've been doing a lot of that lately.... sorry!
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .
Old 05-23-2003, 10:39 AM

i agree with you totally Mitch. this guy is trying to play forum police, and it just isn't working. his opinion doesn't matter to me, and it shouldn't to any other member here. if it is educated, it might be considered, but otherwise, he is just hotair. i am not afraid to post my age, call me young and stupid all you want, but i still understand the simple consideration of not jumping into a conversation that i have no knowledge about.

i respect svxeno like i respect most members on this forum. i feel bad for his misfortune. he understood the post was a joke, so who are you "VINEBOY" to dictate what is right and wrong. i think he has a father that is very capable to "protect" him from verbal attack, even there was no attack. he is a grown man, and if he thought that a responce was a little over the edge, i think he is capable in handling his own business.

Kelli

(rant/off)
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 05-23-2003, 06:35 PM
Superbeast

Still don't know how what I wrote could even be precived as offensive? I mean really viney, remove the stick from your rectal orifice.

Old 05-23-2003, 07:17 PM
Headed to Texas...

Re: Time for a Pause!

Quote:
Originally posted by Rosevineboy
I will be sending PM's to members that I feel stepped over the line.

Mike
ROTFLMARO

jnj7707@yahoo.com
Old 05-23-2003, 08:37 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Re: Now that's not nice

Ron,
Now you're going to get us to show our true age(s)....the show was "The Prisoner" (I think)...seem to remember he always got trapped in a giant bubble every time he tried to escape...
-Bill

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ron Mummert
[B]
Quote:
Originally posted by Uncamitzi

WHO IS NUMBER ONE?!?!

Name the TV series, & who said it.

Oh, yeah, sympathy.

There, there, Randy. It'll be OK.

Ron (I think he bought it).

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 05-23-2003, 08:52 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Thumbs up Re: Re: Re: Now that's not nice

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SVXRide
[B]Ron,
Now you're going to get us to show our true age(s)....the show was "The Prisoner" (I think)...seem to remember he always got trapped in a giant bubble every time he tried to escape...
-Bill

VERY GOOD, Bill, you were only about 8 years old when "The Prisoner" was first aired. Patrick McGoohan was the lead, and asked the question. Great cult series, probably on DVD by now.

Ron (drinking stuff with little bubbles).

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 05-23-2003, 10:55 PM
svxeno

Re: Last Response to SubaFreak, SVXENO, UNCAMITZI & SHISVX

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rosevineboy
[B]This will be my last to those noted in the subject line.[quote]

I originally wrote you a PM of gratitude and respect and you've turned and attacked. Fine!

How did this get so serious? "Rvine" This is not a "professional" board. This is a great group of people with a common interest. A great automobile. I mentioned I don't often lose my cool but guess what, I have now. Go the hell away and never come back! It is people like you who work so hard to make this world a miserable as you are. I've never told anyone that on this (or any) forum and hope it never comes from my keyboard again. Additionally, you worthless mutt, I am a 40 year old "professional" and have been with the same organization for 18 years and hold a senior managerial position. I think I qualify as a mature adult who maybe is just a little tired of people like you. Go be back to your little world and pretend you are a "mature" and "sensible" adult. The next time you deal with a group of people and think you are somehow above them, look around. They are thinking the same thing I'm saying. Be "professional" somewhere else little man and flex your muscle with someone who would be impressed. We are not. If you affect "100's" of lives (which I doubt) they must be miserable lives. I feel sorry for them. You're the reason bosses are so often referred to as assh*les. You and those like you make my job harder you jerk! I only hope you stick around long enough to read this. I'm PMing a copy of this just to make sure. If you have a response just PM me. Let's not take the chance of you showing your a$$ to these great people anymore than you already have.

To the members that have my respect, and it's considerable, I apologize. I've been a member for sometime and my posts are always very "light" and I try to add humor to them. I hope you never see this come from me again!

I really thought the other posts were funny.

I hate people like this. Yeah, hate. Damnmit!

Rant/off

Randy Kumpf
]