SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 11-21-2002, 07:47 PM
squiggy

Quote:
Originally posted by Boone
Boi who?
sorry it took so long to answer but I just saw this thread for the first time...
that is a song from South Park ...it was a joke on Olympic skater Brian Boitiano...it doesn't sound funny but if you saw it originally you would chuckle...Squiggy
Old 11-21-2002, 08:33 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Ca$h remember what i said when i first encountered you? My disposition hasn't changed, and it's pretty much exactly what everyone else is saying now.

Two things:
1 - realize that you too can be wrong, and consider this when you are replying to a post that has you pissed off. So far all i've seen from you are comments that make it seem like because someone disagrees with you, they are wrong.

2 - realize that half the arguments you get into are subjective in nature. It's pointless to carry on that sort of argument, because there's no way to prove yourself right. When it comes to someone's opinion, especially about cars, you are not going to change it no matter what you try. So don't try. Listen to what they have to say, say why you disagree, and move on.

You're not the only one on this site who does this either, i think i should make that known. So while you're trying to be nice, and someone comes along and rudely insults a Chrysler product, kindly state why you disagree, and move on. In our view, you will have won that argument. No matter what the other individual says afterwards.

We are all car guys, and we are all from very different places. So we are going to disagree on alot of things. Some people are strange when it comes to cars, this is something that Ca$h and i have in common. We are both the same type of person, we just happen to have very different tastes. It happens. I was brought up to love GM products and American cars in general. Chryslers and Fords (ESPECIALLY ford trucks) are not allowed to park in our driveway (dad's rule). So if you think im bad, you should meet my father. But i know of plenty of other people that are the same way with other cars.

Ok that's enough, i'll shut up now.
Old 11-21-2002, 08:52 PM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow248
You're not the only one on this site who does this either, i think i should make that known.
I resemble that remark

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 11-22-2002, 12:44 PM
$VX

Shadow, I'd have a lot more respect for you if you'd admit when you were wrong. Like the whole "Manual/Automatic" thing.

- Ca$h
Old 11-22-2002, 12:57 PM
cjoffe

The trouble with the "Manual/Automatic thing" is that we were all arguing slightly different points.

CJ
Old 11-22-2002, 01:05 PM
$VX

He stated that automatics are faster in production cars.

I posted a LOT of examples of where in PRODUCTION CARS, a manual is almost ALWAYS faster. hell. ALWAYS. There will be VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY few exceptions to this rule.

He was defending the 4eat saying that it is the god of shifting, and that if you want to go fast you need FEWER gears and an automatic.

WRONG WRONG WRONG.

In a STREET CAR, you want a manual, and the more gears the merrier. Engines have a powerband, and hte more gears you have hte more you can keep it IN that powerband. Even IF the powerband is fat and juicy there will still most likely be a 'peak', and with more gears you can keep it around that peak even more often.

SHADOW IS WRONG. And he won't admit it.

- Ca$h

PS: This is just like that guy who claims the engine in the mini is a BMW/Chrysler thing. WRONG. Its a f*cking chrysler engine, and its been used in export neons for YEARS. YEEEARRRRS. I hate it when ignorant people can't face facts.
Old 11-22-2002, 01:11 PM
cjoffe

I try to be nice and look what it gets me....

CJ
Old 11-24-2002, 09:48 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Ok this is stupid...

I've said this before SEVEN times, but i will say it one more time in hopes that you will understand.

Automatics are a better choice for straight line racing. You seem to be the only one here who disputes that, yet you assert that you are right, and everyone else is wrong. More gears is not always better, especially in straight line racing. SCENARIO: if a 4 speed auto and 4 speed manual are geared the same, the auto will be faster because it is able to change gears in less time than the manual, it's pretty elementary. Now let's add a gear to the manual to "help stay in the power curve" as you say. While you have done exactly that, which does improve times, you have also added another gear. That means the tenths that you gained are offset by the full second it takes to shift into that extra gear. THAT'S IT. THAT'S ALL I WAS SAYING.

I NEVER SAID AUTO'S ARE ALWAYS BETTER ALL THE TIME. In fact, they're largely disadvantageous in anything but straight line racing. But i said that before, and you either missed it, or conveniently forgot about it.

Enough of this already.