Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Supercharged Projects

Old 04-14-2005, 01:39 AM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
ECUTune Stage III twin screw supercharger sign up

The Stage III twin screw supercharger system prototype has been fabricated and is now operational. We are now looking to manufacture the first production run with a batch size of 4 systems. Details of the system development can be found in a thread in these forums at http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21344 Orders can be placed on the ECUtune website at http://www.ecutune.com/svx-stage3.htm

From the feedback we've recieved our current mindset is that the system should be released with a 3 inch pulley generating 6 to 7 lbs of boost. This seems to be the natural ballance where the engine with it's current compression ratio will generate the most power with the most efficiency. The 1600ax supercharger used in the system features only a 1 hp parasitic loss at cruise which means that highway fuel consumption will remain for the most part unchanged despite the ability to generate %40-%50 more power whenever the accelerator is pushed. Since it is a positive displacement system the power is there whenever the pedal is pushed so that true on the street performance and drivability gains are there not just peak hp dyno #'s.

The engine management included with the system has room to grow with the expectation that in the future race minded people will build engines with closed deck blocks and lower compression ratios. We can help anyone interested in doing this. The supercharger is also capable of producing lots of "boost" on an engine which is built for it. The svx engine is for the most part rock solid and can easily built for specificalliy for more boost although the parts to do so are all custom orders.

This thread is for those actually interested in ordering. If you are interested in a system please post your desires and questions here so that we can develop and produce exactly what you want. If you do not genuinely expect to be ordering one of the first 4 systems please utilize a seperate thread and refrain from participating in this one.

Those with obdII SVXii who are interested please join in. You will need to contact me directly before ordering but we will handle your orders as well.

Last edited by longassname; 04-14-2005 at 01:41 AM.
Old 04-14-2005, 11:58 AM
sans SVX

Send a message via AIM to mbtoloczko
I'm interested, but I need to know much more. I don't want to buy the system, install it, and then find that the car rocks the world at WOT but runs poorly at part-throttle everyday driving. I would also like to know exactly what parts (where applicable, including brand) will be included in the kit. If you could start with the parts list that would be great. As you work on optimizing the system, any info you can post about driveability would be appreciated. Warranty info (manufacturing, driveability) is also important for me. Thanks.

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.
Old 04-14-2005, 12:24 PM
Just some dude.

I'm working on getting the info up on the website today....might as well put it here too

Major components of kit:

1) ECUtune memory adaptor and SVX Stage III software
2) ECUtune manifold
3) ECUtune throttle body adaptor
4) ECUtune hard fuel lines
5) ECUtune alternator brackets
6) ECUtune tensioner
7) ECUtune power steering / idler bracket
8) ECUtune AC idler pulley
9) ECUtune throttle body/bypass valve plate
10) Dayco power steering idler pulley
11) Dayco tensioner pulley
12) Whipple 1600AX supercharger
13) Whipple drive snout
14) Whipple bypass valve
15) NISMO SR20 740cc fuel injectors
16) Tomei fuel injector clips
17) Nissan maf meter (used)
18) Tomei Nissan maf meter plug
19) Walboro 255lph fuel pump
20) Outlaw engeneering phenolic spacers
21) Supercharger / power steering belt (Gates or Dayco)
22) AC / alternator belt (Gates or Dayco)
23) Bypass valve hose (Gates or Dayco)
Old 04-14-2005, 12:33 PM
Just some dude.

Every day driving is exactly what the positive displacement supercharger excels at. The power is there whenever you press the pedal. How much power? However far you press the pedal.
Old 04-14-2005, 03:05 PM
sans SVX

Smooth idle? No off-idle hesitation? No flat spots/hesitation/surging in the powerband during part throttle acceleration?

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.
Old 04-14-2005, 03:26 PM
Just some dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbtoloczko
Smooth idle? No off-idle hesitation? No flat spots/hesitation/surging in the powerband during part throttle acceleration?

I don't have the 3" pulley I'm going to release the system with yet so I'm not ready to answer those questions definitively. I don't expect any problems but I'm not one to make unbased claims.
Old 04-16-2005, 01:57 PM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
Do I really need to sign up of one?? Shame I cant afford a second one, I'd put it on the 92 5-speed when I finish the tranny.
Old 04-16-2005, 03:22 PM
Just some dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecg
Do I really need to sign up of one?? Shame I cant afford a second one, I'd put it on the 92 5-speed when I finish the tranny.
lol

and other stuff to make 10+ characters
Old 04-17-2005, 01:10 AM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
Quote:
Originally Posted by longassname
lol

and other stuff to make 10+ characters

HUH????????????
Old 04-17-2005, 02:49 AM
Just some dude.

I got it in me to do a little tinkering tonight. I've got it running awfully nicely with 9 lbs of boost now. It'll spin the front tires as it starts out at the 90/10 split with anything more than 3/4 throttle. For those of you that don't know I'm running 8 inch wide wheels with 255 series tires so we're doing pretty well to be able to spin them. I also have the idle cleaned up so that it is now idling strictly off the idle air bypass valves without the throttle cables holding the butterflies open at all. There is no shuffling or surging or anything like that. There is however a good amount of blower rattle. From what I've heard from people I know that have upgraded to twin screw blowers on their lightnings this may just be the nature of the beast. If you run high boost the blower rattles at idle. I guess there just isn't enough air to keep the blower full. I'll check with whipple though and see if maybe improving the bypass valve set up can quiet things down.

Last edited by longassname; 04-17-2005 at 03:10 AM.
Old 04-17-2005, 10:52 AM
sans SVX

Since there's no way to add any sort of intercooler with your SC setup, have you thought about add a water injection system? There would probably be no need to pull back any timing, and you could move the a/f ratio closer to the maximum power afr. The simplest systems will trigger at a user-settable boost level and inject a constant amount of water. Even with a simple system like that, I'd bet that you could get another 30-40 HP at 9 psi.

I'd guess that you don't want to add any more cost to the system, but since your system doesn't have any user-accessible knobs on the ECU for tweaking timing and afr, it would be nice to see your system ship with something that addresses heat and is tuned to take advantage of the reduced intake charge temperatures and better burn control.

Here's a place that has very reasonably priced systems:

http://www.coolingmist.com/

Visit my locker

Last edited by mbtoloczko; 04-17-2005 at 10:54 AM.
Old 04-17-2005, 04:07 PM
Just some dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecg
HUH????????????

There is a 10 character min for any post so I couldn't just say LOL
Old 02-22-2006, 03:58 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Picking up a parts car tomorrow, should have another bracket comming ur way if u need it. I will see if Mike can let the headlight go, or did u find one already

Tom
Old 02-22-2006, 07:33 PM
Just some dude.

I can always use more brackets. Actually i could use both head lights..the passengers one is rediculously yellow..I hate to even use it as a base to start sanding and polishing.

Hey, do you want your crank pulley plain anodized or black anodized? I have an anodizing set up now, though I haven't set it up yet, and I am planning on black anodizing the stage 3 stuff but I can skip the die step if you are one of those that prefers the aluminum look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX
Picking up a parts car tomorrow, should have another bracket comming ur way if u need it. I will see if Mike can let the headlight go, or did u find one already

Tom
Old 02-24-2006, 11:37 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Nah, I will take the low profile Black thnaks man. Do you still need fuel rails...etc?? I picked up a whole motor. I will double check on the headlights and make sure they are not broken

Tom

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: