How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2004, 03:38 PM
After 200, it's all the same.

this is just the beginning of the battle you will have with the insurance companies. It took me damn near two months before I got anywhere with the insurance companies. They are going to lead you around, so be prepared. I can't complain, the person I hit left the scene of the accident and decided to come back when her trunk didn't open. She had just gotten groceries at the time. Best part was that i hit her so hard her license plate had fallen off. And no I didn't hit her in my SVX. The insurance companies settled with me and I went and bought the SVX with my settlement.

1992 Pearly 187K and climbing (11-91) #964 *retired

1992 Pearl SVX 122500 miles #86 FASTAR THAN THE OLD ONE.*SOLD

Everytime I get into my car, it always reminds me that it has POWER
Old 03-25-2004, 07:03 AM
mark10t

Quote:
Originally posted by Wiz
I made the front page of one of my local news papers. I scanned it and it should be attached. We shall see if I made the other paper tomorrow when it comes out.
Good! Now everyone in town knows this guy is an idiot. Who knows? Maybe someone else will surface with a story to tell.

-Mark
Old 03-25-2004, 07:11 AM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Unrelated, but civic_slayer, what's that curved hose in front of your radiator?

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 04-08-2004, 01:40 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Wiz Send a message via AIM to Wiz Send a message via Yahoo to Wiz
Update, the guy that hit me admited guilt finally, and we found out his insurance company (Geico) illegally canceled his insurance. Me getting money for the crushed car is finally looking possible.
Old 04-08-2004, 02:24 PM
sans SVX

Send a message via AIM to mbtoloczko
Quote:
Originally posted by Wiz
Update, the guy that hit me admited guilt finally, and we found out his insurance company (Geico) illegally canceled his insurance. Me getting money for the crushed car is finally looking possible.
So much for Geico being a good insurance company. They do have funny commercials though.

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.
Old 04-08-2004, 06:05 PM
Recluse

Send a message via MSN to Darksied-X Send a message via Yahoo to Darksied-X
Good for you Wiz! You needed some good news after this whole fiasco. Hopefully, that damned lizard will have to deliver your check personally!

'03 WRX Wagon, World Rally Blue
'94 SVX LSi, Barcelona Red
'89 XT6 4WD, Grey & Rust
(and legally, an '01 Outback VDC skankmobile)
Old 04-09-2004, 08:33 AM
sideways95

Question

wiz, i'm looking to sell my 95 svx with 65k miles if i cant find some money to fix it. it needs tranny work though but rest of the car is great. has first and second gear and i still drive it once a week around the block. it does have a small 3 in. diameter dent in the right rear under the taillight but an easy fix. pm me if you are intrested.
Old 04-09-2004, 08:54 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Wiz Send a message via AIM to Wiz Send a message via Yahoo to Wiz
Unhappy

Well sadly I won't be getting another SVX for now. I will be getting an Audi most likely. A4 1.8T Quattro 5 speed. This is because me and my family have decided that it would not be a good idea to bring an SVX to college when I will neet to be doing alot of travling and I cant have a car that it so expensive to maintain and get gas for. The Audi's get 26.5mpg while my SVX averaged 18mpg. With gas prices rising it is just not a good idea. But if I can keep my old crushed SVX, buying one with a dead tranny might be a possibility later on so I can get an SVX for cheap. All I would have to do is get a shop to do a tranny swap from the crushed car.

BTW, I also figure that the Audi will be less likely to have "steal me" written all over it when I'm in the big city. The SVX just looks to nice for its own good.
Old 04-09-2004, 11:05 AM
sans SVX

A friend of mine has a '99 A4 Avant. Pretty nice car. I've driven it once. Not the fastest car, but there are lots of inexpensive go-fast goodies for it. If I bought one, the first thing I'd do is replace the struts/springs with something a bit more performance oriented. The stock stuff makes the car understeer badly, and gives a generally unpredictable feeling when pushing the car to its limit in the corners.

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.
Old 04-09-2004, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mbtoloczko
A friend of mine has a '99 A4 Avant. Pretty nice car. I've driven it once. Not the fastest car, but there are lots of inexpensive go-fast goodies for it. If I bought one, the first thing I'd do is replace the struts/springs with something a bit more performance oriented. The stock stuff makes the car understeer badly, and gives a generally unpredictable feeling when pushing the car to its limit in the corners.
LOL, I was planning on chipping it. Was your friends car a quattro? Because thats what I'm getting and if they had FWD the quattro might be different.

The chip will raise the turbo to 1 bar of boost producting 200hp and 243ft lbs at the wheels I believe. Pretty good for a 1.8L. Its also selectable, I can use lower octane when I want to save money or push a button and use higher octane for high preformance.

On a side note, I miss my SVX. My Mom's legacy wagon is slower than hell. She just bought another 91 legacy sedan as a second car for the family so she does not have to keep the rental. Suprisingly it has power mode (with the light too) and manual mode just like the SVX. And it has good bass too. But its alot slower and you feel very loose in that car. The seats suck.

Last edited by Wiz; 04-09-2004 at 03:31 PM.
Old 04-11-2004, 12:42 AM
check out www.planetsvx.com

glad to hear your okay.....an in car video camera
would of been interesting on that one...

whats a plow ?????

CLICK the LINK below to Visit the SVX Store:

http://www.planetsvx.com

http://www.motorsportwarehouse.com/svx/sig2.jpg

Cars in the garage:
92 Toyota Soarer Single Turbo JDM RHD
70 Boss 302 Mustang 39k original miles
97 SVX Lsi
92 Liquid Silver Murano-ized (1st of its kind)
71 Cougar Xr7 Conv 351c 4v 4spd
69 SS Camaro 350
71 Nissan RHD Fairlady Z
70 Stang Fastback
70 Amc AMX 390
71 240z
89 Conquest TSi w/ 5.0 v8 swap
84 Mustang GT Turbo conv

"good, if it bleeds, we can kill it ....."
Old 04-12-2004, 08:30 AM
sans SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by Wiz

LOL, I was planning on chipping it. Was your friends car a quattro? Because thats what I'm getting and if they had FWD the quattro might be different.

The chip will raise the turbo to 1 bar of boost producting 200hp and 243ft lbs at the wheels I believe. Pretty good for a 1.8L. Its also selectable, I can use lower octane when I want to save money or push a button and use higher octane for high preformance.
Yep. Its a Quattro. He chipped his too. I think there are a couple companies making chips, and I think he went with the one what took a more conservative approach. I drove it before and after, and it was definitely quicker, but it still didn't have the power like the SVX.

Visit my locker

Old 04-12-2004, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mbtoloczko

Yep. Its a Quattro. He chipped his too. I think there are a couple companies making chips, and I think he went with the one what took a more conservative approach. I drove it before and after, and it was definitely quicker, but it still didn't have the power like the SVX.
Hmm, well I hope that 1 bar getting 200hp at the wheels will be a bit faster than my SVX. Especially since the SVX has like 160-180hp at all 4 wheels and weighs 600lbs more.

Although even if it is. I'll still miss the SVX. That car seemed to behave different then any other car. I loved it. The SVX is one of its own and nothing else is like it which is why I will try to get another one a while from now. After this whole mess is taken care of and I have the Audi. It would be a good weekend car.
Old 04-12-2004, 11:49 AM
sans SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by Wiz

Hmm, well I hope that 1 bar getting 200hp at the wheels will be a bit faster than my SVX. Especially since the SVX has like 160-180hp at all 4 wheels and weighs 600lbs more.
Even with the chip, his Quattro would be no match for an SVX. He had the wagon (5 speed) though, and it weighs 3300 lbs.

Visit my locker

Old 04-13-2004, 12:40 PM

Angry Update

The school's insurance company turned right around on everything they said they were going to do. They denied all our claims and that leaves my mom $1350 in the hole for the rental and towing of the SVX. Time to set the lawyer loose....