SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-18-2005, 05:42 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Strange starting ailment on the racecar

It has been having trouble starting. No codes though nor check engine light. Here's the symptoms.

Turn key. It'll catch rough then immediately die most of the time. Sometimes it'll catch and idle roughly until it seems to run out of gas. Other times it'll idle roughly then develop a decent but higher idle. Can't touch the gas though or it'll die. The fuel filter spouts gas when I remove the hose but the first two times I did it there didn't seem to be any pressure in there. The last time it was definately pressurized.

The tach isn't working but will jump to about 1.5k when you turn the key to on then drops back down. Any ideas? We did kinda run her quite hot on Sunday and have developed a coolant leak from one of the water pump gaskets. Other than that it seems fine as it ran the rest of the day w/o issue then tonight when I went to put it on stands to replace the exhaust and springs it started to move it back in the garage, I turned it off and now it won't start.

We're quite perplexed and lacking in the FSM Electrical section as it is vacationing at Hucks.