Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2010, 08:54 AM

Transmission shift program review

Having a fwd svx means I will always get the good stuff last.I've had my reprogrammed tcu for a few weeks now very impressed overall.I got my shift points increased to 7000rpm in each gear.Torque converter lockup occurs now in 1st thru 3rd and there is a slight acceleration difference.Manual mode is great,now when you shift in manual mode regardless of throttle position you get upshifts whereas before if you were in second and floored and shifted to third at say 4000 the car would continue to 6500 and shift.I was trying to wait to purchase a svx afm before getting some track numbers but last thursday night my 1/8 mile did dropped from 9.63 to a 9.58@72.6 mph 1/4 was 15.0 @90mph.I think the legacy meter does lose power up top.I use to run 93 to 94 mph.Also that was with my accy belts off.I ran the 15 flat with a off idle launch with all accessory belts on so I feel the car is very 14.7 capable.The car is turning 7000 rpm right at the finish line in second gear,also I have to put my car in D1 and into manual for max performance.I will get another tcu done later with 7200 rpm in each gear.I still have a Quickshift install also,driving range is still around 385-400 miles with the cruise on 70mph.Again I am very impressed with the mod.