SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-16-2003, 02:12 PM

Send a message via AIM to zavikan
North East auto to fivespeed experts.

Ok, I am currently saving up to have my tranny switched over to a 5 speed, cause the auto is juuuuust begining to go, and I have no intention of replacing it with ANOTHER weak pathetic tranny that will go too, plus I like a standard so much more....Problem is, I am not mechanically atuned enough to do the job myself, and no subaru dealership I can find knows what this SVX is(sick eh? THIER OWN CAR!). So I dont want to have them doing such a major job on a car they dont even recognize...What I am looking for is some one in New England(I am in NH) who has done this switch before, and would be willing to do it again(I can help as much as my capibilities will allow...I can field strip my CL175 Honda and have it still run when I put it back together again, so Im not a complete mech moron..). Or knows a shop that has done it before, and your happy with the results. Needs to be in New England...smallcar.com sells the set up alone for 3000, and does the entire thing for 4000, and I would be willing to pay out that 1000 in labor, to he who might be interested, but washington is just waaaay to far, I dont love my car that much.