Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2005, 11:13 PM

Gotta love em'

I love cars. I love Japanese cars. I love Subaru's. I love my SVX. I've had three cars in my life. The first two were Chevy's, and I hated them. I had a 92 Lumina that was actually really fun to drive, but fell apart immediately and ended up in the junk yard after one year of driving it. Total transmission faliure at 104,000 miles. Door handles broke off. Speakers blew out. A/C went to hell. Peice of garbage. Then I inherited a 98 S10 Pick-up. What a peice. It was horribly underpowered, had awful handling, poor mileage, spun out in the rain with the upmost ease, just a complete waste of metal. But, i took care of it, it was all I had. Still, there was at least one major repair every month. Got rid of it, got some sense, and bought an SVX.

It's all so clear now. For the first time, I am driving a car with an inherent quality; it was built with purpose, it was built to be driven. And look good at the same time. The original owner of my 92 LS-L (there was only one) must have taken EXCELLENT care of this car. It has 195,xxx miles, and runs perfect. When I bought it, not a single thing could be found as flaw. It honest to God looked as if it just rolled out of the factory. Beautiful car. I don't know how he did it. In the few months I've had it, I got in two fender benders (very minor), some asshole keyed it, three of the six headlights burned out (WTF?), and the check engine light comes on at 50 MPH. Also, cruise control went out. I think I just have ****ty luck with cars. But I swear I'm gonna have everything repaired ASAP! Don't worry!

Here's the thing I want to know... Does anyone have more miles than I do on an SVX? Can you beat 195,000?

I'm sorry, the rest was just babble. I just want to know who holds the record.