Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX > Political Forum

Old 04-28-2006, 08:32 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Hate Your Job?

Hate My Job" day

When you have an "I Hate My Job" day, try this.

On your way home from work, stop at your pharmacy.
Go to the thermometer section and purchase a rectal thermometer made by Johnson & Johnson. Be very sure you get this brand.

When you get home, lock your doors, draw the curtains and disconnect the phone so you will not be disturbed.
Change into very comfortable clothing and sit in your favorite chair, open the package and remove the thermometer.
Now, carefully place it on a table or a surface so that it will not become chipped or broken.

Now the fun part begins.

Take out the literature and read it carefully.
You will notice that in small print there is a statement, "Every Rectal Thermometer made by Johnson & Johnson is personally tested".
Now, close your eyes and repeat out loud five times, "I am so glad I do not work in Thermometer quality control at Johnson & Johnson."

HAVE A NICE DAY AND REMEMBER......
THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE ELSE WITH A JOB THAT IS MORE OF A PAIN IN THE BUTT THAN YOURS.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 04-30-2006, 03:07 PM

Words To Live By...

"THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE ELSE WITH A JOB THAT IS MORE OF A PAIN IN THE BUTT THAN YOURS."
and thank you for the comic relief.

However there is this:

"My dad is a Vietnam vet and to this day curses George W. Bush for going into Iraq. He thinks it's the stupidest thing a president has done since Vietnam."

This is also what my Dad and his best friend both say and since there has been so much "arguing from authority", I'll give you their authority:

My Dad was an active duty Marine for 33 yrs. Retired Major General, USMC. Fought in WWII, Korea and THREE tours in Vietnam. Bronze star, the Legion of Merit, numerous Air Medals, the Cross of Gallantry and the Vietnamese Medal of Honor. Born and raised in Tex. Lifelong Republican. Voted for Bush, the first time. Finally relented and agreed that Bush, Cheney and Rummy are "complete idiots" when Bush "retired' Zinni for doing what every military officer in Iraq knew was necessary and appropriate... ASKING FOR MORE TROOPS! He and the Col. both considered Rummy an azzhole and a modern day McNamara.
Both my Dad and Col. Jimmy Williams, (one of the most decorated Marine fighter pilots ever) came to this conclusion because of the overwhelming evidence of Bush et al's imcompetence.

Watched Bush on TV last night laughing at himself. He has lots to laugh at...and even more to cry about. I don't think Bush having a sense of humor brings much comfort to our people in Iraq.

Bush is Commander in Chief. There is a very long list of major f**kups that have happened on his watch, from Iraq to Katrina. If he were the Captain of a ship and ran into a sub or ran aground he would be immediately relieved of command. He should relieve himself of command. He should apoligize to the
country and resign, taking Cheney and Rummy with him. I do not know of anyone in a position of authority anywhere in this country that has screwed up a fraction as much and as often as Bush and his admin. and still has their job.
The Enron jerks are going to jail just for stealing money...how many PEOPLE has Bush gotten KILLED and how many BILLIONS pissied away?
Justify his existence...tell me SOMETHING he's done right.

lhopp77,
Respectfully awaiting your response to the GAO abstract on the HUNDEDS OF BILLIONS in taxes Bush has failed to collect from Big Business.
WGJ

Last edited by WGJ; 04-30-2006 at 03:17 PM.
Old 04-30-2006, 04:09 PM
building more AK47's

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77
Hate My Job" day

When you have an "I Hate My Job" day, try this.

On your way home from work, stop at your pharmacy.
Go to the thermometer section and purchase a rectal thermometer made by Johnson & Johnson. Be very sure you get this brand.

When you get home, lock your doors, draw the curtains and disconnect the phone so you will not be disturbed.
Change into very comfortable clothing and sit in your favorite chair, open the package and remove the thermometer.
Now, carefully place it on a table or a surface so that it will not become chipped or broken.

Now the fun part begins.

Take out the literature and read it carefully.
You will notice that in small print there is a statement, "Every Rectal Thermometer made by Johnson & Johnson is personally tested".
Now, close your eyes and repeat out loud five times, "I am so glad I do not work in Thermometer quality control at Johnson & Johnson."

HAVE A NICE DAY AND REMEMBER......
THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE ELSE WITH A JOB THAT IS MORE OF A PAIN IN THE BUTT THAN YOURS.

Lee
This also applies to condom manufacturers

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: