Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 05-07-2001, 04:38 PM
Grand Poo-Bah

Send a message via AIM to halistan Send a message via MSN to halistan Send a message via Yahoo to halistan
Registered SVX
Angry site design

OK, now, as far as this site goes it is tops, but for some god awful reason you just can't get the colors right. I mean for the love of god can we do something about this before i lose my lunch????? the blue scroll bar on the right is ok, but the rest has to go. Please, please, please stop killing my sense of sight like this.

~Ray
All new and improved custom built engine with forged internals, lowered compression, upgraded cams and a stage III supercharger. AMR Engineering struts, Custom exhaust --All 3 Subaru cats removed, and replaced with 2 high flow mustang cats-- Cross-drilled & Slotted rotors, steel braided brake lines, bypassed stock Tranny cooler replaced with aftermarket B&M super-cooler, and a K&N drop in air filter.
Old 05-07-2001, 05:43 PM
Founder / Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Chris
Re: site design

Quote:
Originally posted by halistan
OK, now, as far as this site goes it is tops, but for some god awful reason you just can't get the colors right. I mean for the love of god can we do something about this before i lose my lunch????? the blue scroll bar on the right is ok, but the rest has to go. Please, please, please stop killing my sense of sight like this.

~Ray
OK, I can take suggestions and contructive criticism (key note on contructive). But in my humble opinion being rude about it makes me about as motivated to fix things like a trip to the dentist. Like I have noted in earlier messages. I am an administrator. Not a graphics artist. I dont do desktop publishing or format design and layout. I was forced to do such work here because I asked for some graphics help and it seemed that our diverse group lacked people with such skills or availible time. Also as a reminder I am color-blind! How about this.... I wil change the board to be a black and white news type, and when we get a graphics person onboard he can colorize it. Remeber ---- #1 Im a fish out of water. I am an administrator not a graphics artist. I am doin the best I can in a field I KNOW I an not good at, but dont have any other options. #2 I am not getting paid for this. I aim to please, but blowing your lunch at me is hardly payment for work done and to let me know that I ofended your color sensitive eyes. I am sorry.

Chris
SVX Admin
Old 05-07-2001, 06:03 PM
Grand Poo-Bah

Send a message via AIM to halistan Send a message via MSN to halistan Send a message via Yahoo to halistan
Registered SVX
Ooops, i really didn't mean to come off as strong as i did now that i am re-reading the post. Sorry 'bout that. Also, don't get me wrong, i know this is just a side thing and i want you to know that i am 1) extremely grateful for all the work you have done, and 2) unaware that you were that color blind. Now, being color blind myself i know what a pain it is to try and get things to look right. If you would like I would like to ask Marisa (kozypup) if she would be willing to assist you in the page set up. She has an absolutely goregeous website that she designed (she's really quite good). I'll have to send you the URL for it when i get home. She could really do wonders for this place if you allowed her to. She loves web design and could help...that is if that would be ok with you and the other admins. Please let us know.

~Ray
All new and improved custom built engine with forged internals, lowered compression, upgraded cams and a stage III supercharger. AMR Engineering struts, Custom exhaust --All 3 Subaru cats removed, and replaced with 2 high flow mustang cats-- Cross-drilled & Slotted rotors, steel braided brake lines, bypassed stock Tranny cooler replaced with aftermarket B&M super-cooler, and a K&N drop in air filter.
Old 05-07-2001, 06:16 PM
zsvx

I liked it the way it was. Unfortunatly I don't think this thread will ever die until each user can customize their own colors (how's that for a project sith)

Edit: I forgot the constructive criticism

Keeping the colors like they are right now is OK but the white background would be easier on the eyes if there was some sort of border around it (a la superhonda.org/board)

Last edited by zsvx; 05-07-2001 at 06:25 PM.
Old 05-07-2001, 07:12 PM
John19688

Thumbs up I like white

Good move on the site design.

Go to any website by a Fortune 500 company and you will see a white background 99% of the time. I think a white background gives it a more professional look. And it really makes the logo stand out.

Now if we could take all the links at the top of the page and make them into some sort of button pad to the right of the logo....

Glad to see the new colors.
Old 05-08-2001, 09:51 AM
Grand Poo-Bah

Registered SVX
Cool GREAT JOB!!!

Man, what can i say? This looks great!! Much better than before.

~Ray
Old 05-08-2001, 11:33 AM
sith

If anybody comes across a page on the site that still has any portion of the old colour scheme (most likely the blueish boxes) could you send me an email, sith@subaru-svx.net? I think I got all the "hardcoded" references to the old scheme, but I'm not 100% sure.
Old 05-08-2001, 12:55 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
I have one little "nitpicky" thing, and this is not a criticism, just a request. If it can't be done, no biggy. Can the site navigation tools and list be "squidged" over, as well as the final two "buttons?" Would that foul anything up? If everything was within one view (which these small things are preventing), people would be more cognicent of the chat and other functions, as well as being more capable of seeing who's in chat so they can join in. It stays hidden unless you go to the trouble of scrolling over, which I often forget to do.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 05-08-2001, 01:03 PM
sith

I think that may be because of the resolution you're running your screen at - on my monitor they are all on the screen without side to side scrolling. Either way, we're going to be designing a new button bar (the usercp/register/calendar/whatever bar), so if we can make that a bit smaller it should slide everything over.
Old 05-08-2001, 01:13 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
As always, eager to respond and comply. Thanks, sith.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 05-08-2001, 01:21 PM

Registered SVX
Yes, I checked my res. I can get everyting in at 1024 x 768, but, on my 17" monitor, it makes type and all, miniscule. Things are much more comfortable for my eyes (when writing) at 800 x 600. I can live with it. Thanks again.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 05-08-2001, 03:06 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Sith,

Thank you thank you. My tired old eyes thank you too. You are doing a terrific job considering that you claim to be only an administrator. Keep on Administratin'.

Larry III
Old 05-08-2001, 07:32 PM
tober76b

sith,
(to quote my roommate)......you rock!
nice eye pleasing layout.
keep up the good work.....we all appreciate it.
toby
Old 05-08-2001, 08:56 PM
sith

Just for everyones info ... Chris did the colour scheme on the forums, I just did the other parts of the site. Dun want to take credit for chris's work.
Old 05-08-2001, 09:00 PM
sith

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay
I have one little "nitpicky" thing, and this is not a criticism, just a request. If it can't be done, no biggy. Can the site navigation tools and list be "squidged" over, as well as the final two "buttons?" Would that foul anything up? If everything was within one view (which these small things are preventing), people would be more cognicent of the chat and other functions, as well as being more capable of seeing who's in chat so they can join in. It stays hidden unless you go to the trouble of scrolling over, which I often forget to do.
It should be wrapping around now - is it for you Aredub? I'll come up with a better solution at some point, but for now at least everything should fit on your screen.