Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 05-11-2001, 09:50 AM
Headed to Texas...

Cool Peppe Guiseppe: The man, the legend!

<<I used the search function here, just to try it out, and guess what, he said he'd have pictures 6 months ago. Message 41088 on yahoo. >>

Knew we could count on you, Eddy! Strange thing is, Yahoo is down again . . . hehe, our plan is working

jnj7707@yahoo.com
Old 05-11-2001, 10:33 AM
Dumba$$ Mechanic

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

Yeah, eddy. I'm sorry I wasn't here to come to your aid during that nearly fatal attack. What really "sealed" the "bluff calling" was when he came to the board and asked how to do a very simple fix (can't remember what it was). I mean, it was something any pit crew capable of replacing an SVX engine with a Porsche retrofit SHOULD know how to fix --- I thought I was gonna die!!
If you read his posts, his *pit crew* is in california with the car. He's in florida, and from what I can gather in the military. They must really be paying big bucks in the armed services now. I do find it kind of amusing that I was nowhere near the top of the list when people started calling his bluff, but he sure went after me when I asked for proof. After 10,000 posts who can remember what he said, right? So that search capability let me go back to the start of the thread and see what really happened. It's funny as heck to watch the evolution of his fish story!
Old 05-11-2001, 10:35 AM
Dumba$$ Mechanic

Re: Peppe Guiseppe: The man, the legend!

Quote:
Originally posted by svxxx26
<<I used the search function here, just to try it out, and guess what, he said he'd have pictures 6 months ago. Message 41088 on yahoo. >>

Knew we could count on you, Eddy! Strange thing is, Yahoo is down again . . . hehe, our plan is working

It's been working fine for me lately, not even any message 40 bugs.

As for Peppe, if you want to see the evolution of the fish story, just do a search here. It's way too many posts to read w/replies, but just reading his are pretty funny.
Old 05-11-2001, 11:45 AM
Headed to Texas...

<<I used the search function here>>

Speaking of which, anybody have a link to the Yahoo message list search engine? Maybe I'm blind, but I can't find it . . .

jnj7707@yahoo.com
Old 05-11-2001, 12:05 PM
Dumba$$ Mechanic

Quote:

Speaking of which, anybody have a link to the Yahoo message list search engine? Maybe I'm blind, but I can't find it . . .
Just click on the "message archive" on the top right of the screen.
There are several ways to search for messages.
Old 05-11-2001, 12:57 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:

Jerry, I'm surprised at you. A "founding member" and you don't even know how to search the message board. Tsk, tsk, tsk. 20 lashes with a wet noodle, young man. Would you like an egg salad sandwich and some tang?
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 05-11-2001, 01:15 PM
Headed to Texas...

Talking I did it! I did it!

Wow! It worked! The complete world of Peppe unfolded before my very eyes!

<< Jerry, I'm surprised at you. A "founding member" and you don't even know how to search the message board. Tsk, tsk, tsk. 20 lashes with a wet noodle, young man.>>

Well (blushing profusely), you know that I've been so involved with these high-level discussions about our SVX World Empire that familiarizing myself with the search capabilities for the "other" site was a bit down on the "to-do" list!

<<Would you like an egg salad sandwich and some tang?>>

Oooooh! Another recipe for the "SVX Club Cookbook"!

jnj7707@yahoo.com
Old 05-11-2001, 05:34 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
900hp SVX's??? The poor guy must have had a bad case of RSI!!!

You MAY be able to do it!!!! Transfer the RB26DETT from a GTR, up it to 2.8ltr and do the usual Japanese workshop conversion....stick in a 6 speed sequential and voila!!!! *Jamsvx just let his 'I won Lotto and am going to going nuts!' out of the bag! Now, wheres my phone number for Signal Workshop!!!

Re Brochures/Printed Material.
As you who have visited my site have seen (I hope....once you ignore the awful main page and just go to the sections!), I am scanning in all the reviews, articles, catalogues and brochures that I can lay my hands on so as to assemble a sort of online library of SVX material. Quite often, I am unable to bid for an item in eBay since they won't send to Australia (a lot do so I am grateful) but probably the best thing to do is to have a look at my site and if there is something that you have that I don't, and you would like to put it up there, email me and let me know! Naturally, full credit would be given to the provider!!!

*James watches bankruptcy approaching with the ebay auction for the pre-production catalogue!*

Jamsvx

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 05-13-2001, 10:31 AM
Dumba$$ Mechanic

Brochure toting youngster...

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

James, there was a young fellow (still too young to drive) that appeared some time ago on the Yahoo site. He was spouting all types of information about the SVX that he had read in brochures. Unfortunately, much of it was wrong, and, when "called" on it, he insisted on telling actual owners, who'd lived, eaten and slept SVXes for years, that THEY were misled. He is legendary. Eventually, he couldn't stand the heat, so he got out of the kitchen.
This search engine thing is just wayyyyy too cool. I was bored and decided to look up some of the first posts from this kid. He started out by saying he was starting a new club dedicated to 92-93 SVX's and then the posts progressed on to how he had to have 4 transmissions changed in *his* SVX, and that the wheel "barings" were constantly failing, Subaru didn't give a darn about us!, and that he had replaced his resonator with a straight pipe....and then I found this post, the kicker!

<<Okay, Okay. I am 14 (1/3) years old and I kinda lied about having an SVX. Sorry about getting my facts wrong about the colors. Sorry about lying about having an SVX. Sorry for all the confusion I caused. I hope I can still be a member of this club. So, as a new start, I have a few questions:>>

There's the story on the brochure toting 14 year old, if you get bored do a search for svxlover86. It's damn funny! (He kinda lied, heeheeehee, yeah and she's kinda pregnant!)
Old 05-13-2001, 09:42 PM
picklesbitch

You forgot to mention how he (the guy with three SVXs) owns 2 detail shops in California, that are doing so well he never has to go in, then later mentioned he's in the military, now is posting that he works in Florida in one city but is looking to move to Miami, to work. Just a little too colorful for me to buy.
Mike