IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-2010, 03:20 PM
Nürburgring Warrior!

Registered SVX
Talking "old" newbie here

Looks like I have gone and done it. Tomorrow I'll be picking up one of the cars on my bucket list. I have always liked the SVX and I kinda of stumbled across a really nice one. As a long time Subaru owner (6 total) I am really keen on getting my hands on this SVX. I parted ways with my 2004 STi a few months ago and it was driving me nuts. While I loved my STi, it was a bit too boy racer for a guy in his late 30's. Well that and my wife ABSOLUTELY hated it. Funny though since she loved her '02 WRX before I "ruined it" LOL!

I'll post pics and stuff tomorrow if I can spare some time. We need to get the car in the air and give it a very good look-over. If all checks out, Ill be driving it home! I hope to stop lurking and become an active member on the forum. I am an ASE Master tech as well as I-Car gold certified but don't be surprised if I ask a lot of questions. First sign of a good tech is the ability to take their ego out of the picture and absorb all the information they can about a car. I have owned about 100 cars over the yrs (mostly Fiero's) that range from a classic Corvair to a Nissan Skyline GTR. I think she'll be in good hands.

Car:
1992 Subaru SVX (obviously)
LS-L
78K miles
Full service history
All original down to the OEM stereo!
No accident history
Black on black
Touring package(?)

It recently had all the wheel bearings replaced as well as the PWR steering pump and I spotted a rather large AUX tranny cooler fitted. I know for sure it needs new hatch struts. Hopefully they wont be too hard to source.

I plan on trying to fit a newer Subaru 6 disk double din head unit and under seat sub. I promised I would mod this one but I did make the concession of adding a nice stereo system.

My family and I are fairly new to Panama City, Fl. We were stationed here from RAF Lakenheath UK. I think I have only spotted one other SVX (green?) since living here in NW Florida.

Anyway I hope to fit in nicely here and see where this goes.

Steven aka Bonestock