Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Other Mods
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-09-2005, 11:35 AM
Thasian1

Thumbs up New gears and exhaust...Killer!!

Well i finally finished like 20 projects and got around to my svx. I replaced the wheel bearings up front and well...decided that maybe the gears are worn out...lol...and maybe i should replace those too! So i decided to replace them with 4.11's. Well since i had to take the exhaust out to take the diff out i also decided to replace the exhaust from the headers back. They looked like maybe in the next 10 years that i could have an exhaust leak.....so why wait replace it now. Man let me tell you how heavy that freakin tranny was doing this by myself! Can't imagine doing a awd one.
Well everything is together and i lost the diff. plug so i can't fill it with liquid until monday and get a new plug. The exhaust looks and sounds so sweet i couldn't help but redlline it like 20 times. We eliminated all three cats, made two duals into one highflow magnaflow cat, single three inch magnaflow race muffler along with a second straight through race muffler(through the area made for the rear awd) and split again for two dulas with dual square tips on each side. It looks too sweet and sounds like Ferrari f40!!! I actually had a couple guys come from the garage next door to find out what it was, they tought it was a turbo porsche or something along that lines. (and they work on turbo cars.) We are going to start putting together kits for 2wd and also awd svx's and installing them. I'll post pics tommorrow night. Can't wait to drive it monday!