How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2006, 09:06 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

I think Afghanistan was perfectly justified, even if there is a personal profit there for Cheney and his pipeline. It's just they should have stopped there, instead of this for profit "nation building".

But hey!! Bush is going to earn a third term for this!

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 03-10-2006, 09:13 PM
Bipa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrophil
I think Afghanistan was perfectly justified, even if there is a personal profit there for Cheney and his pipeline. It's just they should have stopped there, instead of this for profit "nation building".

But hey!! Bush is going to earn a third term for this!
Yes, Afghanistan was justified, and that's why there was a real coalition along for the ride. Now the US is pulling out, and the rest of us are left holding the bag. Meanwhile an even bigger mess continues to be created in Iraq and we're all concerned that eventually the US will again just leave it half-finished and move on to the next target.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipa
Yes, Afghanistan was justified, and that's why there was a real coalition along for the ride. Now the US is pulling out, and the rest of us are left holding the bag. Meanwhile an even bigger mess continues to be created in Iraq and we're all concerned that eventually the US will again just leave it half-finished and move on to the next target.
I hope we don't just leave it... That's what we did in Afghanistan in the first place, is desert them. We see where that ended up.

It looks like Afghanistan should be on it's feet by now. You know, I hadn't even thought about it until now when you brought it up. Huh! We don't see much about Afghanistan on the news anymore. I think Iraq, and all the scandals here in the US is overshadowing it. I may be wrong, but I don't recall hearing anything on the news for the last few weeks at least.

Last thing I remember hearing was when that drone attacked inside Pakistan...but that is just a "related" story.

What time is it in Germany right now?

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.

Old 03-10-2006, 09:20 PM
Bipa

<smile> It's about 5:20am... I'm still on EST but Hubby just woke up and told me to get to bed. So goodnight y'all!
Old 03-10-2006, 09:21 PM

Night!!

Old 03-11-2006, 08:43 AM

And the corruption saga continues...

Well, this morning that aide that resigned from President Bush's staff last week was arrested. No surprises there of course.

The surprise is, he has been arrested for capital fraud related charges.

Apparently, he would go buy something at a Best Buy or somewhere, and take the item and put it in his car.

Then he would take the receipt back into the store, find a similar item, and use the receipt to get a refund for this item he just picked up.

The value of the items, according to the charges, are over $5,000.

This fits perfectly.... He was President Bush's "Domestic Policy advisor."

The irony of this just cracks me up!!

Old 03-11-2006, 12:58 PM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
Quote:
You didn't bust me on anything, It isn't laziness, you just know you have no evidence unless it's the propaganda from the Media Research Center.
OK fine. Here it is:
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...hed#post354828

Yup. that damn BBC and their MRC influence
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 03-11-2006, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohrds
OK fine. Here it is:
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...hed#post354828

Yup. that damn BBC and their MRC influence
Nope, that's not busting me. Read the BBC article. The house impeached him on lying about an affair. You can call that anything you want. But it's still the same... He lied about getting oral sex.

What you supposedly "busted" me on was the vote of impeachment in that thread. I immediately said "I stand corrected". That's what reasonable people do... They don't keep screaming righteousness as the ship is sinking... hint. Admit this administration hasn't done one thing right... That's what we were talking about. Admit he went into Iraq under false pretenses, that over 50% of the tax hike went to the wealthy, that the President of Afghanistan worked for Cheney at Haliburton and is approving Haliburtons pipeline, That Bush's secretary of the treasure was CEO of the company that sold DB world the ports, that he bungled protecting us from the attacks on 9/11, that he bungled the hurricane recovery in New Orleans, that he.......................

I'm wasting my time.... Maybe if some intern would get caught having sex with him, then that would be important enough for the far right religious front to give up the ghost. Way too closed minded without sex being involved.

Old 03-11-2006, 08:04 PM
Bipa

Thought you'd like this one, Robert

Old 03-11-2006, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipa
Thought you'd like this one, Robert

Hee! I do like that one. Except that last line.. It should read "no" intelligence.

Old 03-12-2006, 04:19 AM
Bipa

Bipa News announcement: (satire)

Homeland Security announced today that they have uncovered a dastardly plot aimed at destroying the United States. A how-to manual describing the exact procedures planned was found and is now being decoded. Experts refuse to speculate when the process of decoding and translating will be finished.

Old 03-12-2006, 08:50 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Refresh Your Selective Memory

Quote:
Nope, that's not busting me. Read the BBC article. The house impeached him on lying about an affair. You can call that anything you want. But it's still the same... He lied about getting oral sex.

What you supposedly "busted" me on was the vote of impeachment in that thread. I immediately said "I stand corrected". That's what reasonable people do... They don't keep screaming righteousness as the ship is sinking... hint. Admit this administration hasn't done one thing right... That's what we were talking about. Admit he went into Iraq under false pretenses, that over 50% of the tax hike went to the wealthy, that the President of Afghanistan worked for Cheney at Haliburton and is approving Haliburtons pipeline, That Bush's secretary of the treasure was CEO of the company that sold DB world the ports, that he bungled protecting us from the attacks on 9/11, that he bungled the hurricane recovery in New Orleans, that he.......................

I'm wasting my time.... Maybe if some intern would get caught having sex with him, then that would be important enough for the far right religious front to give up the ghost. Way too closed minded without sex being involved.
I think you need to again refresh your memory and reread a couple responses on here. You are so far left that you are out of touch with reality and the truth.

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation. And now he has continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction. So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real.
Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003.

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force — if necessary — to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002.

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002.

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seizing and developing weapons of mass destruction."
Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002.

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002.

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years . We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
Sen. Jay Rockerfeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002,

And my personal favorite:
"In the four years since the inspectors left, Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members. It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

Lee

Freedom is NOT Free
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 03-12-2006, 09:07 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Registered SVX
Liars and Figures

Quote:
That he went into Iraq under false pretenses, that over 50% of the tax hike went to the wealthy, that the President of Afghanistan worked for Cheney at Haliburton and is approving Haliburtons pipeline, That Bush's secretary of the treasure was CEO of the company that sold DB world the ports, that he bungled protecting us from the attacks on 9/11, that he bungled the hurricane recovery in New Orleans, that he.......................
As usual you use loose facts to misrepresent the true picture. It is probably true in a pure mathmatical sense that the larger share of the tax cut went to the wealthy, but you need to reread the analogy below and also consider that the wealthy pay over 80 percent of the taxes. The super wealthy like the Kerrys and Kennedys actually pay very little because they keep there money in overseas trusts. The Kennedy only paid $130,000 inheritance tax on an over $500M dollar estate. Yet he wants to severely tax people like say a prosperous but not wealthy farmer who is rich in land and equipment (not money) when he tries to pass his estate on to his children. Most of the Heinz (Kerry wife) fortune is in overseas companies and investments.

And speaking of criminal associations--what about the Clinton last day in office pardon of a very wealthy crook that has even since been revealed as being involved in the Food for Oil program.
"Let's put tax cuts in terms everyone can understand. Suppose that every day, ten men go out for dinner. The bill for all ten comes to $100. If they paid their bill the way we pay our taxes, it would go something like this:

the first four men, the poorest, would pay nothing;
the fifth would pay $1;
the sixth would pay $3;
the seventh would pay $7;
the eighth pays $12;
the ninth would pay $18;
and the tenth man, the richest, would pay $59.
"That's what they decided to do. The ten men ate dinner in the restaurant every day and seemed quite happy with the arrangement --- until one day, the owner threw them a curve (in tax language a tax cut).

"'Since you are all such good customers,' he said, 'I am going to reduce the cost of your daily meal by $20. So now dinner for the ten only cost $80.00.

"The group still wanted to pay their bill the way we pay our taxes. So the first four men were unaffected. They would still eat for free. But what about the other six--the paying customers? How could they divvy up the $20 windfall so that everyone would get his 'fair share?'

"The six men realized that $20 divided by six is $3.33. But if they subtracted that from everybody's share, Then the fifth man and the sixth man would end up being PAID to eat their meal. So the restaurant owner suggested that it would be fair to reduce each man's bill by roughly the same amount, and he proceeded to work out the amounts each should pay:

as before, the first four men paid nothing;
now the fifth man also paid nothing;
the sixth man now paid $2;
the seventh paid $5;
the eighth man paid $9;
the ninth man paid $12;
leaving the tenth man with a bill of $52 instead of his earlier $59.
Each of the six was better off than before. And the first four continued to eat for free.

"But once outside the restaurant, the men began to compare their savings. 'I only got a dollar out of the $20 reduction,' declared the sixth man, but he, pointing to the tenth. 'But he got $7!'. 'Yeah, that's right,' exclaimed the fifth man, 'I only saved a dollar too; it's unfair that he got seven times more than me!'

'"That's true,' shouted the seventh man, 'why should he get $7 back when I got only $2? The wealthy get all the breaks!. 'Wait a minute,' yelled the first four men in unison, 'We didn't get anything at all. The system exploits the poor!'

"The nine men surrounded the tenth and beat him up. The next night he didn't show up for dinner, so the nine sat down and ate without him. But when it came time to pay the bill, they discovered, a little late what was very important. They were now Fifty-Two Dollars short of paying the bill. Imagine that!

And that, boys and girls, journalists, and college instructors, is how the tax system works. The people who pay the highest taxes get the most benefit from a tax reduction. Tax them too much, attack them for being wealthy, and they just may not show up at the table anymore.

"Where would that leave the rest? Unfortunately, most taxing authorities anywhere cannot seem to grasp this rather straightforward logic."

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 03-12-2006, 09:09 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Registered SVX
Glass Houses and Stones

Bipa--your country is so screwed up and dependent on others that your attacks against our country are not really even worthy of comment. I will say that maybe with the last election things might become somewhat better over time.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 03-12-2006, 09:38 AM
Bipa

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77
Bipa--your country is so screwed up and dependent on others that your attacks against our country are not really even worthy of comment. I will say that maybe with the last election things might become somewhat better over time.

Lee
Err... which country? I've lived in so many that I'm not sure whether you mean where I was born (Canada), where I've been (USA, Switzerland etc etc) or where I currently am (Germany) ?