SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2010, 12:08 PM

Registered SVX
Re: judgement upon my SVX (long post):

My first real long drive was in 1994 cross country . CT to Texas ( 30MPG to 32MPG ) We had people pull along side us at 75 MPH and just stare at us then slow up and speed up trying to fig. out what it was we were driving. When we arrived at the Alamo in St Antonio we stayed at the hotel across the St because it had an underground garage . Two Hotel Valle parking guys walked right past a Porsche Boxster and asked my wife if they could park her car for her. On the way through KAN booking at 85MPH we saw a car approaching us and as it passed it was a LEO. I saw him hit his brakes and I said to the wife punch it . We topped out at 120MPH and never did see him again . That is when I found out how fast it gets to 120. I was the first customer in Ct to drive the SVX. I had showed the brochure of the SVX I had gotten at the NY auto show in 1991. The dealer called it a concept car , and we would never see one. I bought a 1991 turbo Sport Sedan from him that year. The next summer he called and told me to come to the shop. There was a silver SVX . He didn't say a word and handed me the key. I got a lot of looks from people on the street that day. I bought a used one the following year ( still have it ). . I had the to best Subarus in town the 91 SS and the 92 SVX .