Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX > Political Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2008, 08:04 PM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX
Palin vs. Biden Debate

Damn..... Palin good speaker imo.

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles
Old 10-02-2008, 08:26 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
She certainly is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtRWaoEw0uU

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:29 PM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX
Re: Palin vs. Biden Debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikFu S. View Post
I lawl'd but =D

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
Old 10-02-2008, 08:32 PM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie

I was VERY concerned going into this debate. I was not impressed by Palin in her first two major interviews. However, she was dynamite tonight and made Biden look foolish on several occasions...
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5
Old 10-02-2008, 08:36 PM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicksubie View Post
I was VERY concerned going into this debate. I was not impressed by Palin in her first two major interviews. However, she was dynamite tonight and made Biden look foolish on several occasions...
Lol yeah I mean I knew who I am going to vote for so it did not change my views. McCain / Palin 08. She did great imo.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:02 PM
The Kind of Casual SVXer

Send a message via AIM to Weebitob
Registered SVX

In my analogical nutshell:

Palin spoke the way she always had citing her management of the rich energy abundant state of Alaska as mayor of Wasilla, natural resource adviser (whatever the name was or meant) and the current governor of Alaska. As well as bringing along with McCain a fresh way of politics to Washington DC never seen since the days of Andrew Jackson.

Biden on the other hand droned on about how badly the Bush administration's policies are not to mention spending the end of some of his turns throwing subjective and emotional rhetoric curve balls to throw Palin off. Then he goes on about as Vice President he wouldn't exactly be the "yes man" while railing on Cheney for the same aspect.

Both were very wrong in discussing exactly who is the leader of Iran who is the Supreme Leader or head Ayatollah which the media was never afraid to disclose when Khomeini first took over. They both jeopardize not only our foreign but also the livelihood of other peoples in places such as talking about "reconstructing" Pakistan and Afghanistan before they even assume the authority to implement it. At least George W Bush in 2000 had the tacitness to never bring up such, before surprising the world by implementing them of course. I also disagree with having to tie strategy and troop withdraw into the same policy.

I don't know why else they were debating with many more presidential debated on the way covering more questions aside for the sake strong financial,political influences and we the people wanting to see a rhetorical clash of the titans. Love him or loathe him you got to admit Dick Cheney brought much attention in recent years to the roll of the Vice President.

Last edited by Weebitob; 10-02-2008 at 09:18 PM.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:17 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie

One anecdote from the evening...

Biden: "Dick Cheney is the most dangerous Vice President we have ever had."

WRONG

Try Aaron Burr.... He killed Alexander Hamilton (who would have been a great President if he had the chance to get elected), Burr tried to set up his own country in the midwest somewhere and govern it himself. He even went as far as to start creating a militia for 'his' 'country's' defense... Sorry, Mr Biden, but Dick Cheney does not come close to winning " The most dangerous VP" award. Go back and watch some more great depression era, live TV coverage of FDR...
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1957 CJ-5
Old 10-02-2008, 10:58 PM
The Kind of Casual SVXer

Send a message via AIM to Weebitob
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicksubie View Post

WRONG

Try Aaron Burr....
Like everything else that is down to opinion. Dick Cheney shot his lawyer in the face without warning ; as apposed to Aaron Bur calling out Alexander Hamilton to a duel.

It is kind of ironic that you said that considering at the time some people thought he did the right thing to kill Alexander Hamilton for the same reasons that McCain and Palin supporters fear Obama and Biden. Which is for extending government influence in the economic sector (through the National Bank) as well as raising (or in Alexander Hamilton's case creating the whiskey tax and tariffs.)

Alexander Hamilton's greatest contribution to the United States besides being the most successful lieutenant under General Washington and helping the constitution he founded the United States National Mint, the predecessor of the US Coast Guard as well as the National Bank (which was shut down by Andrew Jackson but many of its principles influenced today's Federal Reserve).

Btw, here is a song you will never hear at any politician's reception.

Last edited by Weebitob; 10-02-2008 at 11:21 PM.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:39 AM
Banned

I pledge my allegiance to the United States for Israel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJaA7Is5WdM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7mg0hBwbaI
Old 10-03-2008, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weebitob View Post
Like everything else that is down to opinion. Dick Cheney shot his lawyer in the face without warning ; as apposed to Aaron Bur calling out Alexander Hamilton to a duel.

It is kind of ironic that you said that considering at the time some people thought he did the right thing to kill Alexander Hamilton for the same reasons that McCain and Palin supporters fear Obama and Biden. Which is for extending government influence in the economic sector (through the National Bank) as well as raising (or in Alexander Hamilton's case creating the whiskey tax and tariffs.)

Alexander Hamilton's greatest contribution to the United States besides being the most successful lieutenant under General Washington and helping the constitution he founded the United States National Mint, the predecessor of the US Coast Guard as well as the National Bank (which was shut down by Andrew Jackson but many of its principles influenced today's Federal Reserve).

Btw, here is a song you will never hear at any politician's reception.
You're right... Accidentally shooting and injuring someone is far worse than intentionally killing him. But hey at least Hamilton knew it was coming .... Jackson shut down the bank because he was one of the worst presidents of all time. Not to mention a rabid racist, who self-admittedly enjoyed killing Indians.

For the people who do not know their history: The following is a summary of Aaron Burr.

The second Jefferson term was very rough due to foreign problems and a ballooning domestic problem due to the Burr Conspiracy. By 1804 Burr had already turned both political parties against him. Politically and financially ruined, Burr became involved in what is known as the Burr Conspiracy. The exact plans are still unknown, but evidence points to his intention of creating a western empire comprised of lands conquered from Mexico and the Louisiana Territory, also possibly including Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana. By late 1806, Burr had conferred with the governor of the Louisiana Territory, General James Wilkinson, to help him raise a small army. Wilkinson eventually turned him in, and he was tried for treason with Chief Justice John Marshall presiding. He was not convicted due to the fact that he never actually "levied war" against the United States.....

There is the history lesson for the day.... I know people will want to respond with their thoughts on Cheney, but can we stay on topic? I only mentioned Burr in my first post as a semi-joke. This follow up was to simply insure that he is remembered as a treacherous individual who isolated himself from all things normal and decent.

P.S. John Edwards is a direct descendant of Burr
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1957 CJ-5

Last edited by sicksubie; 10-03-2008 at 08:07 AM.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:49 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weebitob View Post
By this comment, I strongly suspect you have never been bird hunting!!!!!!!!!

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 10-03-2008, 11:06 AM

Send a message via AIM to zavikan

Silly republicans......

At least I don't have to get upset with you, knowing that there is no way that Mcain is going to win.

I personally thought she sucked. She didn't stick to topics, NPR went through her 'facts' one by one this morning debunking them, and her 'golly geewizzer' way of talking about serious issues in america is out of place. Look at youtube vids of her speechs in Alaska. There isn't this stupid 'betcha gosh darnit' lingo at all. Its put on for some wierd reason, and I think its condisending. (I refuse to fix my spelling mistakes for you people)

Other then that, I thought that while I disagreed with almost every word she said, she did ALOT better then I expected, and has obviously tried very hard to educate herself into the political jargon. She is also obviously VERY intelligent, and learns fast.
'92 Liquid Silver SVX - Drilled&Slotted Rotors/Canadian OEM Seat Warmers/JDM Folding Mirrors/JDM Clear Corners/Euro Glass Headlights/Euro Headlight Level Adjustment/Euro Shifter Assembly/ECUTune Chip V.1/GARAGE QUEEN!
Old 10-03-2008, 12:13 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by zavikan View Post
Look at youtube vids of her speeches in Alaska. There isn't this stupid 'betcha gosh darnit' lingo at all. Its put on for some weird reason, and I think its condescending. (I refuse to fix my spelling mistakes for you people)
No, she's really like that.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zavikan View Post
Silly republicans......

At least I don't have to get upset with you, knowing that there is no way that Mcain is going to win.
We will see, we all get to vote you know. There is a whole month left and a lot can happen. I wouldn't get too comfortable.

Quote:
I personally thought she sucked. She didn't stick to topics, NPR went through her 'facts' one by one this morning debunking them
Carl Rove did the same thing (i.e debunking "facts") on Fox news with Joe Biden. Its obvious that both sides do their best to stretch facts to the point they start to border on lies... I guess they call it "spin".

But in Palin's defense she is sometimes just reciting "facts" given to her by the campain, Biden knows better and still says that stuff.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:59 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX

Everyone should watch the SNL version of the VP debate. It is hilarious.
'07 Gray Diamond Pearl Outback XT Ltd..."AH SO"
'05 White Pearl & Silver BAJA Turbo..."AH HA"
'97 Bordeaux Pearl SVX LSi..."SUBYDOO"
'94 White Pearl SVX LSi..."PEARLY"
'92 White Pearl SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."SVXY"
'92 Teal SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."ALCYONE"
'96 Polo Green LSi ... "MIDORI"
'00 Black Dodge VIPER RT-10... "VINNIE"

Engineers do it with precision.
English teachers are novel lovers.

Home: larrysingeriii@comcast.net

SVX FEVER, CATCH IT AT A MEET NEAR YOU !!