$1001-$1100 6 8.45%
>$1100 (ouch) 24 33.80%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-18-2001, 12:44 PM
Member Incognito

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Red SVX 92
Actually, I dropped a heavy bit of my coverage after my insurance shot up. Instead of paying $4300 every 6 months, I now pay $4000 every year, and with my current liability coverage/etc., if I ever hit a nice car, such as a Mercedes, I would end up out on the street, with nothing except the shirt off my back... The things I do to keep the SVX.... *groan*
My God man, Aredub's right; at these rates, you may have to regress to using a horse and buggy to get around. And they cut a whole $300/6 months off now thay you have liability?!? I'd like to see an insurance salesperson hold a straight face while giving one of those quotes

As for just having liability, that was one of my big fears as well. With my old insurance, they'd pay for the repairs to another car if I hit someone, but I'd be on my own as far as getting my car fixed, so I'm glad to have full coverage again. I also rent cars occasionally and would need it for that. With this in mind, you may want to consider affixing the strongest brake package you can to your car; something that can pull the wind out of your lungs so you never hit anyone!

"Flossie" - 92 black over pearl LS-L (sold)
"Gorgeous George" - 98 Audi A8 (traded)
"Gorgeous Genny" - 02 Audi S8 (sold)
"Green Giant" - 00 Land Rover Disco II
"Grey Wülf" - 05 Volvo S60 R
"Silver Surfer" - 92 black over liquid silver LS-L
"9 of 7" - 97 bordeaux pearl, formerly with Earl Steele
Old 07-18-2001, 12:51 PM
Member Incognito

Registered SVX
Quote:
Actually, I dropped a heavy bit of my coverage after my insurance shot up. Instead of paying $4300 every 6 months, I now pay $4000 every year, and with my current liability coverage/etc., if I ever hit a nice car, such as a Mercedes, I would end up out on the street, with nothing except the shirt off my back... The things I do to keep the SVX.... *groan*
A few ideas that may help, if you haven't tried them already. Tell them that you've decided to start using public transportation (if it's available) and that you'll only be using your car on the weekends and evenings, putting on less than 8K per year. Also, jack up your deductible to the highest amount they allow (usually 1K or so). If those two don't drop your rate considerably, the only thing left is to ask that they not be greedy and pass what they're smoking!

"Flossie" - 92 black over pearl LS-L (sold)
"Gorgeous George" - 98 Audi A8 (traded)
"Gorgeous Genny" - 02 Audi S8 (sold)
"Green Giant" - 00 Land Rover Disco II
"Grey Wülf" - 05 Volvo S60 R
"Silver Surfer" - 92 black over liquid silver LS-L
"9 of 7" - 97 bordeaux pearl, formerly with Earl Steele
Old 07-18-2001, 04:04 PM
Hitchhikin'

Sadly, my deductible already is at $1000... I dropped collision coverage, I think I only have comprehensive now.. (or did I take that off too.. hmm...) Liability is moderate.. 25G/50G/100G, or something like that.... It's with Farmer's Insurance Group, and the only reason I'm sticking with them is because my parents are on the same plan. I was going to switch to Progressive, because they were giving me a better deal, but my parents agreed to split the cost at Farmer's if I stayed there, so that every member of the family could drive every car (3 cars in the family) "just in case", even though I let no one drive my SVX.

Note: It was $4300/6 mos before... now, it's $2000/6 mos... $4000/yr.... I could have gotten much better rates at Progressive, but I can't argue with splitting the cost of insurance. BTW, I ahve no accidents on my record. The reason the rates jumped was three points on my license in the last 6 months (one regular speeding ticket - one point, plus one >100 MPH ticket, aka reckless driving - two points). I know drunk drivers with lower insurance rates than me. Sad.

Then again, I can count 4-5 really reckless, stupid passing moves I made on the highway today, within a span of 25 minutes. Every single one had a high probablity of getting me in a crash, if not for the fact that the nearby cars cooperated and gave me just enough room to complete the move without killing anyone. *sigh* Maybe the insurance companies DO know what they're dealing with when they insured me....

Carpe: What insurance do you carry? I'm interested to hear...
Old 07-18-2001, 04:40 PM
carpedick

I go through a broker, Tri Valley, and the company they found for me was Robert Moreno Insurance Services. Fortunately I haven't had to deal with them too often, however on the occasion I did, they were fairly quick in responding to the claim. Not as fast as when I had state farm, but state farm would've charged me 3 times more, so I expect some differences in the level of service.

I'm trying to figure out how you have a better driving record than mine and are paying more. Also trying to figure out how you were paying $4000/6 mo, since that's around $700 a month. Assuming a car pmt of around 150 to 250, that means that technically you could afford to make the monthly payments on an uninsured Dodge Viper.

Anyways, all in all, I believe right now I have the following:

1 accident (at fault)
4 speeding tickets, 1 at 100, even though I was going faster, the officer decided to be nice.

I have 10 years of driving experience, just turned 25, so I don't know if that would change anything.

Quote:
Sadly, my deductible already is at $1000... I dropped collision coverage, I think I only have comprehensive now.. (or did I take that off too.. hmm...) Liability is moderate.. 25G/50G/100G, or something like that.... It's with Farmer's Insurance Group, and the only reason I'm sticking with them is because my parents are on the same plan. I was going to switch to Progressive, because they were giving me a better deal, but my parents agreed to split the cost at Farmer's if I stayed there, so that every member of the family could drive every car (3 cars in the family) "just in case", even though I let no one drive my SVX.

Note: It was $4300/6 mos before... now, it's $2000/6 mos... $4000/yr.... I could have gotten much better rates at Progressive, but I can't argue with splitting the cost of insurance. BTW, I ahve no accidents on my record. The reason the rates jumped was three points on my license in the last 6 months (one regular speeding ticket - one point, plus one >100 MPH ticket, aka reckless driving - two points). I know drunk drivers with lower insurance rates than me. Sad.

Then again, I can count 4-5 really reckless, stupid passing moves I made on the highway today, within a span of 25 minutes. Every single one had a high probablity of getting me in a crash, if not for the fact that the nearby cars cooperated and gave me just enough room to complete the move without killing anyone. *sigh* Maybe the insurance companies DO know what they're dealing with when they insured me....

Carpe: What insurance do you carry? I'm interested to hear...
Old 07-18-2001, 07:57 PM
Hitchhikin'

Did I mention that that quoted price at Farmer's is actually for a 1990 Acura Legend, not the SVX? The quote I got from Progressive was substantially lower... with the price quoted for a SVX. Needless to say, I was pretty shocked that the exact same level of coverage (90 Legend @ Farmer's vs. 92 SVX @ Progressive) was ~$2300 at Progressive ($4300 at Farmer's). Before, when my rate for the 90 Legend at Farmer's was still semi-reasonable (well, for a young male driver), at $1100/6mos, the same coverage with me as the driver of the SVX would have cost $4320... don't wanna know how much it would cost now..
Old 07-18-2001, 10:16 PM
carpedick

Do me a favor and call Tri Valley, give 'em your info and tell us what the quote is. I'd be very interested to find out how theirs compares.

Quote:
Did I mention that that quoted price at Farmer's is actually for a 1990 Acura Legend, not the SVX? The quote I got from Progressive was substantially lower... with the price quoted for a SVX. Needless to say, I was pretty shocked that the exact same level of coverage (90 Legend @ Farmer's vs. 92 SVX @ Progressive) was ~$2300 at Progressive ($4300 at Farmer's). Before, when my rate for the 90 Legend at Farmer's was still semi-reasonable (well, for a young male driver), at $1100/6mos, the same coverage with me as the driver of the SVX would have cost $4320... don't wanna know how much it would cost now..
Old 07-19-2001, 11:42 PM
SVX Animated Icon Guy!

Send a message via ICQ to htyei Send a message via AIM to htyei Send a message via Yahoo to htyei
I pay a little over $1000 a year

im 21 with no speeding tickets (one pending wich will probably rocket my insurance even higher, and one to get rid of in traffic school)

adding my hyundai excel makes it $1100

this is with no comp/no collision
25/50/25 liability

Of course I'm in LA
(the insurance agent was muttering about a 1.8 multipler to the going rate
http://www.svxwrx.com
Old 07-31-2001, 10:19 AM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via ICQ to cocacola08 Send a message via AIM to cocacola08 Send a message via Yahoo to cocacola08
mine is about $1200, with full cvrg on my wife's 91 merc. sable and only liability on my '94 svx

when i had just my car with full coverage it was $1400+/year
Old 10-17-2002, 11:28 AM
Making tires round, Six now :)

Old 11-25-2002, 05:58 PM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
My insurance

I'm only listed as a driver on an SVX that legally belongs to my dad. I'm paying $1600 a year for full coverage(allstate I think), which isn't bad at all for a 17 year old male driver. If the car was registered in my name I'd be paying atleast double what I am now.

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 11-25-2002, 08:13 PM
FifthElement

$130/month
Old 11-25-2002, 10:52 PM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
Thumbs up Talk about bring up an old thread

I'm glad you did ... you reminded me that my insurance rate almost doubled moving back to Utah and that I was going to look for another carrier... (the salamander is my current company .. or is it a lizard... I forget.)
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .

Last edited by Uncamitzi; 11-26-2002 at 08:19 AM.
Old 11-26-2002, 04:32 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
I just received the qoute for the Subaru-Liberty Mutual auto insurance for next year. The price is $ 2430- for the year.
This covers the following:
97 SVX, 92 SVX, & 97 Legacy Outback wagon.
I still have 2 speeding tickets on the policy and I have $500 deductible on collision.
The speeding tix are off next June.
Rosie & I are the listed drivers for all cars.

The price of this years policy was $2760.
So it's a little over $300 in savings.

Progressive was about $2250 for the same coverage. We are staying with Liberty because they have treated us well when handling any claims.
'07 Gray Diamond Pearl Outback XT Ltd..."AH SO"
'05 White Pearl & Silver BAJA Turbo..."AH HA"
'97 Bordeaux Pearl SVX LSi..."SUBYDOO"
'94 White Pearl SVX LSi..."PEARLY"
'92 White Pearl SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."SVXY"
'92 Teal SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."ALCYONE"
'96 Polo Green LSi ... "MIDORI"
'00 Black Dodge VIPER RT-10... "VINNIE"

Engineers do it with precision.
English teachers are novel lovers.

Home: larrysingeriii@comcast.net

SVX FEVER, CATCH IT AT A MEET NEAR YOU !!
Old 11-26-2002, 05:52 PM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
You definatly need higher numbers.... For me to actually be on the SVX as primary driver it would be around 1100..... FOR 6 MONTHS... right now with my mom on it with everything (including roadside assistance) but the lowest mileage per year it's at about 900 for a year.... MUCH better

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker

Last edited by drivemusicnow; 11-26-2002 at 05:54 PM.
Old 11-27-2002, 10:09 AM
DNSB

This is nuts!
I think I have everyone beat. I'm not sure why, but I'm paying over $900. for 6 months.
I'm sick of my insurance place, their so stupid, and they don't explain anything to me.
I'm looking for new insurance. ****, I had a 97 Impreza, and it didn't cost me this much per month. I know their a different rating, but dahhhhhhmmmm

~Deja~