Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2002, 09:20 AM
I look like Gordon

Octagon Spares has a new SVX

I called Octagon Spares (southern PA) yesterday to check on an aircon compressor. The guy I talked to (Jeff) told me they had just taken delivery of a 92 with rear end damage. I bought the compressor (just received it, actually), but if you're looking for other parts, it might be a good time to give them a call.

www.octagonauto.com

-Mike
Old 06-13-2002, 10:53 AM
Green1995SVX

Have you had a problem with them being EXTREMELY rude to you there? I have been there a number of times looking for parts and have never been treated so horribly in my life.

-Mike
Old 06-13-2002, 01:13 PM
I look like Gordon

No, I can't say I have. Actually, the one time I went up there, the guy I talked to was very friendly. Walked around with me for a while, let me sit in a few of the exotics they have for sale (I REALLY like the Maserati 3500GT), and sold me a few things for my Impreza at very reasonable prices.
Old 06-13-2002, 03:54 PM
Green1995SVX

I recall the first time I went there, I went with my mother. The man there yelled at her for parking in the wrong place. Then, she was complimenting him on the car he was driving (A yellow WRX) and he completely ignored her. I have always wanted to see some of the exotics they have there, but have been scared to death to ask. Perhaps I could meet you there sometime?

-Mike
Old 06-13-2002, 04:11 PM
Network Design Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Green1995SVX
I recall the first time I went there, I went with my mother. The man there yelled at her for parking in the wrong place. Then, she was complimenting him on the car he was driving (A yellow WRX) and he completely ignored her. I have always wanted to see some of the exotics they have there, but have been scared to death to ask. Perhaps I could meet you there sometime?

-Mike
Maybe we could ALL meet there sometime... I am 5 minutes east of philly...

Maria is close by as well, although snoopy is smoking...
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)
-2011 Toyota Sienna SE, Black, 30,000+ Miles (Swagger Wagon )
-2002 BMW R 1150R ABS, Black, 26,000+ Miles (Daily Driver )
SVX Owner from February 1997 to March 2008
SVX Online Community Member since February 1998
SVX World Network Member since February 2002, Member #520

Life is a game. Play to win.
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.
Old 06-13-2002, 04:28 PM
Green1995SVX

That would be fun. We should arrange that. I know there are a few SVXers in Lancaster here that would go... Nubs would prob. go too.

-Mike
Old 06-14-2002, 07:25 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Octagon Spares

I don't know. That whole area scares me. Something about squealing like a pig and all.
Old 06-14-2002, 10:27 AM
still in love with Hannah

Re: Octagon Spares

Quote:
Originally posted by benebob
I don't know. That whole area scares me. Something about squealing like a pig and all.
No no, that part of the state is a little farther North, in Perry county I think.
1996 Legacy Outback-"Gilda" white with brown trim
Old 06-14-2002, 11:19 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Perry County

York County is no better. I grew up in Northern York Co. It has the highest teenage pregnancy rate in the NATION, had the highest HIV/Aids rate in the nation until 98 and don't forget about the largest number of hate group members per capita in the nation.
Old 06-14-2002, 03:09 PM

Thumbs down

I genuinely feel bad for those who live in York. With the white sepremists and other epidemics they have to deal with they definetely could use some help.

As for pig squeeling............Try Newville. With one red light and some of the most backward people I have ever met I think they deserve some kinda piggy award I get some of the funniest looks from the locals when they see my SVX. They look at it as if it is from outer space

As for Octagon.........I cannot even get them to return an email. That to me is beyond lazy and direspectful. Y have an email account if your not going to use it?

B.C.

Last edited by Never2phat; 06-14-2002 at 03:11 PM.
Old 06-14-2002, 04:24 PM
Green1995SVX

My dad's company is in york. Sometimes I go meet him for lunch and such, and I just try to look straight ahead and ignore the surroundings. What a backwards place.

-Mike
Old 06-14-2002, 08:41 PM
I look like Gordon

Quote:
Originally posted by Never2phat
I genuinely feel bad for those who live in York. With the white sepremists and other epidemics they have to deal with they definetely could use some help.

As for pig squeeling............Try Newville. With one red light and some of the most backward people I have ever met I think they deserve some kinda piggy award I get some of the funniest looks from the locals when they see my SVX. They look at it as if it is from outer space

As for Octagon.........I cannot even get them to return an email. That to me is beyond lazy and direspectful. Y have an email account if your not going to use it?

B.C.
I think they had one guy there who know how to use a "compooter". Their mailbox is no longer in use now, and their web site has not seen an update in ages... or else they haven't sold a car in ages

Regardless, I am all in favor of a little get together there some time. I'll call and make the arrangements if you guys want to meet up there some weekend. It would have to be a Saturday morning, though. I think their only weekend hours are Saturday 8-12.

-Mike (of Juniata County, PA heritage)