Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 09:32 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
thanks Earl

Tom
Old 08-06-2007, 09:54 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

I pulled it Tom. In my eyes it had no value to the greater good of the site. I understand that personalities clash but see no reason as to why you need to question why individuals are here. People have every right to be here regardless of how you feel about their intentions or methods.

Earl, Chris, Steve, Chris or any of the other admins, mods, super mods may disagree with me and re-instate the thread. I chose to remove it.

Todd
Old 08-06-2007, 11:03 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawazat??
I pulled it Tom. In my eyes it had no value to the greater good of the site. I understand that personalities clash but see no reason as to why you need to question why individuals are here. People have every right to be here regardless of how you feel about their intentions or methods.

Earl, Chris, Steve, Chris or any of the other admins, mods, super mods may disagree with me and re-instate the thread. I chose to remove it.

Todd
Thank you Todd. Good call.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:46 PM
Maniac modifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawazat??

Todd
Todd I understand the logic behind it and it probobly was of the better good to remove the thread. I was intoxicated when I posted it but I still feel it had some bit of moral value. Taking advantage of free advertising I think is also not something this site should be utylized for. Others like myself and svxfiles do similar things to what Budfreak does in the realm of commercializing their experience on SVXi. I just feel Jason has taken this to an extreme and uses this site to promote not for the better of the group but the better of himself. In this case I would think it only appropriate that someone with 65% of their posts advertising their business should have to in some way give back to the community that is supporting them. I may have been beating around the bush to get people's attention to the subject but still something needs to be said. I do not believe it was falling upon deaf ears.

Further more... If it was because I felt his competition was the cause of my animosity, why do I get along so well with others who do the same thing. I constantly colaborate with svxfiles about my projects and he does the same with his. It is a friendship in which we can share eachothers experiences and knowledge and assist eachother to the best of our abilities. we are constantly trying to beat eachother in good competative sprits yet with Jason it is not a friendly competition... everything I have done is a hack job or I have a silver spoon under my tonge

Regardless, I would hope that a margain would be implicated to keep this site from the constant advertising and return it to it's helpful nature that it was when I first signed up.

Tom
Old 08-07-2007, 12:31 AM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

To: BT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX
Todd I understand the logic behind it and it probobly was of the better good to remove the thread. I was intoxicated when I posted it but I still feel it had some bit of moral value. Taking advantage of free advertising I think is also not something this site should be utylized for. Others like myself and svxfiles do similar things to what Budfreak does in the realm of commercializing their experience on SVXi. I just feel Jason has taken this to an extreme and uses this site to promote not for the better of the group but the better of himself. In this case I would think it only appropriate that someone with 65% of their posts advertising their business should have to in some way give back to the community that is supporting them. I may have been beating around the bush to get people's attention to the subject but still something needs to be said. I do not believe it was falling upon deaf ears.

Further more... If it was because I felt his competition was the cause of my animosity, why do I get along so well with others who do the same thing. I constantly colaborate with svxfiles about my projects and he does the same with his. It is a friendship in which we can share eachothers experiences and knowledge and assist eachother to the best of our abilities. we are constantly trying to beat eachother in good competative sprits yet with Jason it is not a friendly competition... everything I have done is a hack job or I have a silver spoon under my tonge

Regardless, I would hope that a margain would be implicated to keep this site from the constant advertising and return it to it's helpful nature that it was when I first signed up.

Tom
I said I wouldn't talk to you or benebob, But I need to be heard here. Are you really that simple that you have ZERO understanding of business?? How do you run a business without advertising????? Where would Summit Racing or Jegs be if they didn't ADVERTISE??
so what now, Svxfile and I don't ever talk on the phone about what we are doing?? We don't share our info. With each other?? You are his special aquaintance or something?? What the hell is your point you doof?? And since you like to always make the claim that I ride his coat tails, How about you? Your doing all these 5 spd. swaps you learned from Huck. Where's your appreciation for it? Do you send Huck a chunk of what you make doing swaps?? Do you ever post up publically your thanks to him for creating it??
But, I've said this way more than once and I'm NOT going to say it one more time, Keep Svxfiles name out of your mouth. He has nothing to do with this and I'm tired of you bringing him up and dragging him in to something he wants nothing to do with. Or are you just trying to slowly ruin his business too so you can have it all??
I have no problem with friendly competition in the SVX speed world, But not when it's a dumbass that can't get it through his head that his car isn't even remotely in the same class as me and another dumbass with a platinum credit card and rich parents that thinks he is gods gift to the Subaru because he can spend money. And last but not least, At least I've never had to try to sell Road Demon for 30K dollars because I was so nearsighted to spend all my money on my car and couldn't make it through life because of it.
I've said enough and I won't be saying anymore towards you or Benebob.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:42 AM
Maniac modifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budfreak
I said I wouldn't talk to you or benebob, But I need to be heard here. Are you really that simple that you have ZERO understanding of business?? How do you run a business without advertising????? Where would Summit Racing or Jegs be if they didn't ADVERTISE??
so what now, Svxfile and I don't ever talk on the phone about what we are doing?? We don't share our info. With each other?? You are his special aquaintance or something?? What the hell is your point you doof?? And since you like to always make the claim that I ride his coat tails, How about you? Your doing all these 5 spd. swaps you learned from Huck. Where's your appreciation for it? Do you send Huck a chunk of what you make doing swaps?? Do you ever post up publically your thanks to him for creating it??
But, I've said this way more than once and I'm NOT going to say it one more time, Keep Svxfiles name out of your mouth. He has nothing to do with this and I'm tired of you bringing him up and dragging him in to something he wants nothing to do with. Or are you just trying to slowly ruin his business too so you can have it all??
I have no problem with friendly competition in the SVX speed world, But not when it's a dumbass that can't get it through his head that his car isn't even remotely in the same class as me and another dumbass with a platinum credit card and rich parents that thinks he is gods gift to the Subaru because he can spend money. And last but not least, At least I've never had to try to sell Road Demon for 30K dollars because I was so nearsighted to spend all my money on my car and couldn't make it through life because of it.
I've said enough and I won't be saying anymore towards you or Benebob.
Huck did do the 1st 5mt... Others followed him to change it to their liking. I don't stake claim to creating it, I merely did what I could to perfect it. I have changed my techniques and designs over the years to make it work better.

Im not dragging Tom into anything. I merely am using him as a comparison and nothing more. I was not saying you don't talk to him, I was stating the conversations I share with him.

Jegs and Summit pay for their advertising and you don't see them running around on forums post whoring their business. Thats my point. You are abusing a priviledge and I think their should be something done about it... Not saying others need to agree.

Further more... the name calling is innapropriate. You can use Tom YT or Mr. Johnson to adress me, I have not used name calling when refering to you and I expect them same respect.

BTW I quoted this to be sure others saw what you wrote before you decided to cut it or thank Todd for deleting it. This is not a childish game I am playing. It is a real issue that should be addresed. this is a reason why there should be a part of the forum to discuss matters like this outside of General babble so the public can discuss issues with the public of the forum to find a resolution

Tom
Old 08-07-2007, 12:55 AM
Banned

Tom, I like you, but I don't see you eye to eye on this. I really don't see him pushing his business or his parts much, and I read this site a lot. I see Dayle posting a lot more often about some new set of wheels he has in, or some new generic part he has. I do NOT see budfreak posting all the time about his stuff, nor do I see much in his signature, other than 2 links to his store, and a bit of info about his SVX-stuff.

I really do not understand why you're going off about this. Besides, if you feel threatened, remember that competition is a good hting. As far as I know Budfreak doesn't do 5spd/6spd swaps, so you're fine anyway.

Seriously. You guys need to smoke a joint together and listen to the beatles or something. While eating cheetos.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:56 AM
Banned

(above= <---intocixcated thread! Haha! Werd)
Old 08-07-2007, 12:57 AM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Quote:
Huck did do the 1st 5mt... Others followed him to change it to their liking. I don't stake claim to creating it, I merely did what I could to perfect it. I have changed my techniques and designs over the years to make it work better.

Im not dragging Tom into anything. I merely am using him as a comparison and nothing more. I was not saying you don't talk to him, I was stating the conversations I share with him.

Jegs and Summit pay for their advertising and you don't see them running around on forums post whoring their business. Thats my point. You are abusing a priviledge and I think their should be something done about it... Not saying others need to agree.

Further more... the name calling is innapropriate. You can use Tom YT or Mr. Johnson to adress me, I have not used name calling when refering to you and I expect them same respect.

BTW I quoted this to be sure others saw what you wrote before you decided to cut it or thank Todd for deleting it. This is not a childish game I am playing. It is a real issue that should be addresed. this is a reason why there should be a part of the forum to discuss matters like this outside of General babble so the public can discuss issues with the public of the forum to find a resolution

Tom
So, that officially makes you a liar to say you have called no names. Here's the thing: I don't want any respect from you, Therefore I will show you none as you are unworthy in my opinion. You have shown me absolutely no respect in 2 1/2 years and how dare you try to act like you do to try to make yourself look good now. Why don't you talk to me here like you do in the PM's you send me?? Plain and simple, This is an open public forum and I run a business that deals specifically with what this forum is about, So why shouldn't I advertise?? And yes, I do pay for advertising as I use adwords and so on also.
And so what is the difference between me and you when it comes to 4.44's and manuals? Why do you continue to bring up the 4.44 swaps when I NEVER staked claim to creating anything to do with it and have always given it's true creator all the props he deserves for his work whenever asked? I'm completely lost on this part of your argument.

If you have a problem with me and what I do, Then be a damn man and come and tell me so instead of hiding behind a computer and trying to ruin a rep and a business that your jealous of.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:58 AM
Still rebuilding my block...
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to cozykat Send a message via MSN to cozykat Send a message via Yahoo to cozykat
Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:

Tom
I know I am not an important member by any means. While being i think #23 or #33 to join the network, I let my membership get deleted by my inactivity (truely an embarrassment).
Since re-joining though, I've seen the little remarks, mostly competitive in nature but also not really polite , being passed BACK and FORTH and I told myself "boys will be boys" because to expect everyone to love one another is plain silly. So it has never bothered me or offended me.
While I have chatted pleasantly many times with Budfreak. Neither of you have worked on my car so I can't comment on who can do what but I will tell you that finding ANY mechanic being knowledgable of the SVX is rare and something I highly value.
Locally, my car just seems to get broken by mechanics who think they can insult my intelligence just because I am a girl. I have become very distrustful of people working on my car. So I really value having this network and people so knowledgeable about the SVX. I have gone to many for help including John (svxcess ), Dayle (motorsports ), Tom (svxfiles) and Jason countless times for advice as its such a relief to get an opinion that's not "just get yourself a new car."
I'm sorry if it offends you Tom that Jason advertises his business so much but its his right to do so. And I have never felt overwhlemed with his mentioning of his services because normally when people can do something for you, they offer their services, especially if it's their livelyhood. There aren't many places to go where that information would mean as much as it does here. If he didn't advertise, I wouldn't have ever known to contact him with questions when I first re-joined the site. You may not want to see him advertising his services but I do! because I need the friendly hand! hehe Not to say I wouldn't want your services because if ANYone of you were close.. I'd be at your places EVERY weekend!! IF only just to watch you work. I admit I didn't realize you professionally helped for awhile since most of your posts are geared toward your mods. So I thought you were an avid SVX hobbist like so many others here. Now of course, you are that, but I didn't know you were more than a friendly local svx hobbist.

Anyway, all that said - I don't think its fair of you to try and present a professional argument that you don't like his business practices when you have a known close friend blatantly belittling Jason's business with his signature:
Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob's signature
FRIENDS DON'T LET BUTTFREAK TOUCH THEIR SVX. I know most competent mechanics live with their parents!
I have seen benebob's negative signature for some time and I find that this is the lowest blow that I have repetitively seen and is far different & more mean spirited than the "my SVX is better/faster than yours" comments.
If we are going to talk about professionalism, I would ask my close friend to remove such a comment because it reflects badly on my maturity and professionalism as a competitor. The argument is between you and Jason. You don't need others slamming him - I have seen you and Jason do fine sticking up for yourself.
You two may not like each other but I have never heard anyone say "______ broke my car!!!" for EITHER of you. You both seem readily available to help however you can and I have heard praises for both of you and I most definitely look forward to a real-life meeting with you guys (maybe not at the same time :-P)
So please just keep hopeless people like myself in mind and know both of you are useful to us! Your methods are different but thats even better for well-rounded advice.

'93 LSL Anniversary Edition - 02/93 - 150,998 Daily Driver - Forged EG33 (long block), 6MT swap, and re-upholstered interior
'92 Pearl - 100k Side restoration project
Locker | Old Locker | Shutterfly | ReadingIX | Facebook | Instagram
Old 08-07-2007, 01:01 AM
Maniac modifier

I just don't like the commercialization of this site. I don't push my work... people ask for it. I can see why others do not see eye to eye because they turn a blind eye to what they could care less about. I am exhausted by the constant animosity from him and the constant name calling and jibber jabber that flies out from his key-board. I wish we could get along but I guess we are both too hard headed to find some common ground outside of what car we have Not to mention there are many things said behind closed doors that the greater of the public does not know about. If they were knives rather than words I would have bled to death from back injuries

Tom
Old 08-07-2007, 01:05 AM
Still rebuilding my block...
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to cozykat Send a message via MSN to cozykat Send a message via Yahoo to cozykat
Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvin
Tom, I like you, but I don't see you eye to eye on this. I really don't see him pushing his business or his parts much, and I read this site a lot. I see Dayle posting a lot more often about some new set of wheels he has in, or some new generic part he has. I do NOT see budfreak posting all the time about his stuff, nor do I see much in his signature, other than 2 links to his store, and a bit of info about his SVX-stuff.

I really do not understand why you're going off about this. Besides, if you feel threatened, remember that competition is a good hting. As far as I know Budfreak doesn't do 5spd/6spd swaps, so you're fine anyway.

Seriously. You guys need to smoke a joint together and listen to the beatles or something. While eating cheetos.
ugh.. you said it much better than me and it probably didn't take you an hour + to write....

'93 LSL Anniversary Edition - 02/93 - 150,998 Daily Driver - Forged EG33 (long block), 6MT swap, and re-upholstered interior
'92 Pearl - 100k Side restoration project
Locker | Old Locker | Shutterfly | ReadingIX | Facebook | Instagram
Old 08-07-2007, 01:09 AM

Quote:

Tom

IF a picture is worth a "1000" words then what is a post worth? last nite u posted a deleted thread before it hit sunrise(west and east coast as far as i know) whats the deal. You know this can be settled with the mittens off. once again think this "thread" is posted in the wrong place and is way off topic for an SVX forum..
Old 08-07-2007, 01:15 AM
Maniac modifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozykat
I know I am not an important member by any means. While being i think #23 or #33 to join the network, I let my membership get deleted by my inactivity (truely an embarrassment).
Since re-joining though, I've seen the little remarks, mostly competitive in nature but also not really polite , being passed BACK and FORTH and I told myself "boys will be boys" because to expect everyone to love one another is plain silly. So it has never bothered me or offended me.
While I have chatted pleasantly many times with Budfreak. Neither of you have worked on my car so I can't comment on who can do what but I will tell you that finding ANY mechanic being knowledgable of the SVX is rare and something I highly value.
Locally, my car just seems to get broken by mechanics who think they can insult my intelligence just because I am a girl. I have become very distrustful of people working on my car. So I really value having this network and people so knowledgeable about the SVX. I have gone to many for help including John (svxcess ), Dayle (motorsports ), Tom (svxfiles) and Jason countless times for advice as its such a relief to get an opinion that's not "just get yourself a new car."
I'm sorry if it offends you Tom that Jason advertises his business so much but its his right to do so. And I have never felt overwhlemed with his mentioning of his services because normally when people can do something for you, they offer their services, especially if it's their livelyhood. There aren't many places to go where that information would mean as much as it does here. If he didn't advertise, I wouldn't have ever known to contact him with questions when I first re-joined the site. You may not want to see him advertising his services but I do! because I need the friendly hand! hehe Not to say I wouldn't want your services because if ANYone of you were close.. I'd be at your places EVERY weekend!! IF only just to watch you work. I admit I didn't realize you professionally helped for awhile since most of your posts are geared toward your mods. So I thought you were an avid SVX hobbist like so many others here. Now of course, you are that, but I didn't know you were more than a friendly local svx hobbist.

Anyway, all that said - I don't think its fair of you to try and present a professional argument that you don't like his business practices when you have a known close friend blatantly belittling Jason's business with his signature:

I have seen benebob's negative signature for some time and I find that this is the lowest blow that I have repetitively seen and is far different & more mean spirited than the "my SVX is better/faster than yours" comments.
If we are going to talk about professionalism, I would ask my close friend to remove such a comment because it reflects badly on my maturity and professionalism as a competitor. The argument is between you and Jason. You don't need others slamming him - I have seen you and Jason do fine sticking up for yourself.
You two may not like each other but I have never heard anyone say "______ broke my car!!!" for EITHER of you. You both seem readily available to help however you can and I have heard praises for both of you and I most definitely look forward to a real-life meeting with you guys (maybe not at the same time :-P)
So please just keep hopeless people like myself in mind and know both of you are useful to us! Your methods are different but thats even better for well-rounded advice.
You are 100% right and the words chosen were wise and concise. But I do not run a business out of this. I am an avid hobbiest who also does side jobs for those interested. It really ends there. i try to keep my person finances seperate from my auto finances which since I have moved to Philly have become much larger due to getting my own garage, tools, etc. Its not all the business that I have a problem with... it has a lot to do with attitudes which I am guilty of as well i am sure.

Ben is a friend but I cannot tell him what to do. he is not backing me up, he is staking his own argument for his own reasons. I have not asked him to do what he has done, that was completely on his own accord.

I am not looking for turmoil but I am looking out for the entire network. it has been on more than one occasion that a member has decided to leave the network because of Jason and his attitude/ actions.

I will contain myself from now on from posting things of this nature and especially directed toward Budfreak but I ask that this be taken in a very serious manner. This is not a public forum, in a legal sense and speach is limited. I ask that the implimentation of advertising be limited by EVERY user, not just him.

Tom
Old 08-07-2007, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvin

110% agree to this...