IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2006, 04:58 PM
#1 6MT In Cali

Send a message via AIM to gest24
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX
because no one cared to. We are a select group of addicts and don;t care for anyone else's opinions of our trannyblowing, rear bearing eating, rediculously expensive windshield eating cars. SO why should we start?? because I wanna

Tom
Haha! Too bad the one's we're trying to get have gotten around most of the issues surrounding this car. I cared to start it... I'm glad there's someone else wanting to show the world the evolution of the SVX.
1992 SVX LS-L: Now TomStock Stage 3... 6MT, R180 Rear, Tomstock Short Shifter and hard rubber mount, Group N Motor and Tranny Mount, Stage 2V6 Chip, Z32 MAF, Stage 3 CAI, Stebro, Intake Cams, 17" STi BBS Powder Coated Black, Bridgestone Potenza RE070, and Koni inserts w/Mychailo's Springs!

Sand Diego SCCA Solo 2 #308

RIP
84 VW Scirocco
02 WRX
88 XT6(regret the day I left her behind)

socaleuro.com They like the flat 6...

Check My New Homepage..
Old 08-29-2006, 06:15 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Quote:
because no one cared to. We are a select group of addicts and don;t care for anyone else's opinions of our trannyblowing, rear bearing eating, rediculously expensive windshield eating cars. SO why should we start?? because I wanna

Tom
Tom,

You my friend are a Godsend! Glad to see your enthusiasm and verve are back after summer!

Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 08-29-2006, 06:20 PM
#1 6MT In Cali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiketkd
Tom,

You my friend are a Godsend! Glad to see your enthusiasm and verve are back after summer!

Chike
I think a sucessful 6MT swap and a sucessful blower install within a month put some wind back in his sails.
1992 SVX LS-L: Now TomStock Stage 3... 6MT, R180 Rear, Tomstock Short Shifter and hard rubber mount, Group N Motor and Tranny Mount, Stage 2V6 Chip, Z32 MAF, Stage 3 CAI, Stebro, Intake Cams, 17" STi BBS Powder Coated Black, Bridgestone Potenza RE070, and Koni inserts w/Mychailo's Springs!

RIP
84 VW Scirocco
02 WRX

Check My New Homepage..
Old 08-29-2006, 06:30 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Tom,

Chike

Thank Kerry, it was his idea, I am just trying to put the equal force of a blowen EG33 behind the project

Tom
Old 08-29-2006, 06:40 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Personally Tom, I'm of the opinion that Subiesport can go %%$# a WRX up the tailpipe. I sent them a letter inviting them to Reading 2 years ago even offered to pick their staff member up at the airport and provide them with an SVX for the weekend, no reply except they cut and pasted my letter.

Then there's the whole pathetic waste of trees that they've created. Absolutely no content, no real work done aside from replacing freaking parts. I guess WRX owners like that.
Old 08-29-2006, 06:42 PM
Maniac modifier

well Ben, I hear your plight. DOn't just expect things to change then. lets give them a 4-5 page spread about SVXi that would be a great start and maybe we can get it to focus on my than just imprezzas and bring out more of the subuaru line instead of refrigerator boxes

Tom
Old 08-29-2006, 06:50 PM
#1 6MT In Cali

The mag is def. tuned more towards the new Subie crowd. Hence the reason I'm totally behind Tom to show the crowd what we've done over the years. They've only been around a couple years and is a fairly new publication, if you look on their webpage or mayspace they give you the process for getting a feature done. Pretty much they accept free-lance work. Had you done a write up and pictorial of the Reading meet I'm sure they would've used it. Thats what Tom is trying to do, bypass having them do it for us and just submit it to them to do the photo layout and publish it.

I was talking to a guy at a local shop who told me he knew people that submitted their cars for the "Readers Ride" and would see it 6 months later. I submitted my stuff a week before Tom came to do the swap and 6 weeks later its in print. They have an interest in stuff other than the Impreza line. Its up to us to give them other stuff to publish.

RIP
84 VW Scirocco
02 WRX

Check My New Homepage..
Old 08-29-2006, 07:44 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Quote:
well Ben, I hear your plight. DOn't just expect things to change then. lets give them a 4-5 page spread about SVXi that would be a great start and maybe we can get it to focus on my than just imprezzas and bring out more of the subuaru line instead of refrigerator boxes

Tom
Agreed. That's why I don't subscribe to SubieSport. If they have a 4-5 page spread on the SVX, then I'd pick up that issue. If they keep the articles flowing about Subarus new and old, maybe even a subscription.

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 08-29-2006, 07:56 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gest24
The mag is def. tuned more towards the new Subie crowd. Hence the reason I'm totally behind Tom to show the crowd what we've done over the years. They've only been around a couple years and is a fairly new publication, if you look on their webpage or mayspace they give you the process for getting a feature done. Pretty much they accept free-lance work. Had you done a write up and pictorial of the Reading meet I'm sure they would've used it. Thats what Tom is trying to do, bypass having them do it for us and just submit it to them to do the photo layout and publish it.

I was talking to a guy at a local shop who told me he knew people that submitted their cars for the "Readers Ride" and would see it 6 months later. I submitted my stuff a week before Tom came to do the swap and 6 weeks later its in print. They have an interest in stuff other than the Impreza line. Its up to us to give them other stuff to publish.
They had no myspace and their webpage sucked at the time. If they wanted my business then maybe they should have sent an email back saying we'd love a story about it but can't afford to send somone. They didn't and that is Mike Davis style business to me.

Yeah, you're right they CARE about old stuff. That's why they spent money on a 79 what 1.8 years ago now and haven't said a word about it since. How about their old school Legacy GT? Too busy playing with who's got more power and yet another freaking Impreza.

Oh and if we submit stuff they'll print it? Hmmm.. They didn't print the SVX meet that I gave them all the details about 6 months in advance. At the time they even had a calender of events either on their site or in the waste of trees.

Last edited by benebob; 08-29-2006 at 07:58 PM.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:13 PM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Tom:

The best pictures I have of my car are in my locker. They are in the folders called wheels and Pocono2 (there are two folders by this name, but one has more and better pics).

Following is the information on my mods:

ECUTune Stage 2 v5; - Ecutune

Perrin Air Filter - Perrin

Rota Boost 17x8 - SubyDude

245/40-17 BFG g-Force T/A KDW-2 - Tire Rack

Flowmaster SS cat, resonator, and Bullet muffler - Mufflex Muffler Center

drilled and slotted rotors, semi-metallic pads and SS brake lines - Race Concepts

Phenolic intake manifold spacers - Outlaw Engineering

Koni inserts - Motorsport Warehouse

Ground Control coilovers, Eibach springs 335 lb/in fr; 285 lb/in r

Subaru OEM strut top-mounts - SubaruParts.com

SVX Hunter modified strut bodies

Urethane Swaybar Bushings - Energy Suspension

Dayle's inlet B pipe, insulated - Motorsport Warehouse

Tomstock Stage 3 v 2:
2004 WRX 5mt - Leesville Auto Recyclers
WRX sgtarer - Leesville Auto Recyclers
ACT clutch, heavy duty pressure plate and Streetlite flywheel - Prostreet Online
Transmission linkage - eBay
Driveshaft - ??
Crossmember - Tom's home-brew
Shift knob - Momo
Shot boot - Momo
Group N mounts - Rallisport
intake cams - Delta Camshafts
Engine Gasket kit - SubaruParts.com
adj fpr - eBay
Waldbro fuel pump - eBay

94 LS-i Emerald Pearl, 106,xxx,; 246 whp; Tomyx snorkus and HKS Cold air intake; PWR aluminum radiator, silicone hoses; Inline thermostat; enhanced coolant routing; external power steering and oil coolers; Phenolic intake manifold spacers; 2004 WRX 5 speed transmission; ACT Clutch Kit, Heavy Duty Pressure Plate, Lightweight flywheel, performance disc; Group N motor mounts; ‘07 WRX 4-pot front calipers, cryo-treated slotted Tribeca rotors; Hawk HPS ferro-carbon pads; Frozenrotor rear slotted rotors; SS brake lines, Axxis Ultimate pads; Rota Torque 17x8 wheels; 245/40-17 Bridgestone RE01-R's; Koni inserts with Ground Control coilovers, Eibach springs; K-Mac camber/caster adjustable strut mounts; Urethane swaybar bushings; Bontrager rear sway bar; Urethane differential bushing; Custom Whiteline adjustable rear lateral links; Outlaw Engineering forged underdrive pulley; custom grind Web intake and exhaust cams (11 mm lift, 250° duration); solid lifters; CP custom aluminum forged 11 to 1 pistons, Brian Crower coated SS intake & exhaust valves; Brian Crower upgraded springs w/ titanium retainers; NGK sparkplugs; RallyBob (Bob Legere) ported and polished cylinder heads; Eagle H-beam rods; ACL Bearings; Cometic Head gaskets; ARP head studs & fasteners; Hydra Nemesis EMS; Wideband O2 sensor; 740cc Injectors; Walbro 255lph fuel pump; Upgraded WRX starter; Equal length SS headers (3 into 1); dual Magnaflow cat converters; 2 into 1 into 2 SS exhaust with Bullet muffler; OT Fiberglass hood; Oil pressure gauge; Programmable shift light,

2017 Subaru Forester XT, metallic dark gray, 29,xxx

2005 Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabrio, 24,xxx

2006 Subaru Outback LL Bean, 166,xxx sold

92 LSL Dark Teal, Smallcar Shift Kit - sold
Old 08-29-2006, 08:20 PM
Maniac modifier

Perfect Dan!! all I need you to answe is one question more... I would love a roundabout figure of how much has been spent on the vehicle including initial purchase

Tom
Old 08-29-2006, 08:33 PM
Maniac modifier

Dan, I need pics of your car clean!!! this is going into a national mag... do u really want pollen and sap all over it?!?!?!

Tom
Old 08-29-2006, 10:24 PM
#1 6MT In Cali

Quote:
Agreed. That's why I don't subscribe to SubieSport. If they have a 4-5 page spread on the SVX, then I'd pick up that issue. If they keep the articles flowing about Subarus new and old, maybe even a subscription.
We just need to feed them with stuff. Like Frankenwedge... thats an article right there. I'm willing to give these guys a chance, they're independent, grass roots. They just need stuff other than Imprezas to write about. The latest issue has quite a bit about Rallying, WRC and X-games. It's like Eurotuner, people complain about them doing MK IV GTi articles but no one is stepping up new material. Lets give this a shot and see if they bite. If not, I'm sure I could convince some of my friends at Primedia to do something.

RIP
84 VW Scirocco
02 WRX

Check My New Homepage..
Old 08-29-2006, 10:44 PM
Locker Link Solution

Reading all this impreza brewhaha was just what I needed to talk me out of picking up the #2 WRX! It is a great deal and the car is literally just like it was off the lot with nearly no miles... I'm not gonna buy a new car for at least another year... I have to keep my promise this time .

Well, I'll either try and paint it before I have to move, or have it done and then have the photos done... if you are interested. Its no "shotgun", but...
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?

Last edited by Speedklix; 08-29-2006 at 10:49 PM.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:53 PM
#1 6MT In Cali

Sent you a PM Tom. Let me know what you think or if you need anything else. Ryan and I are taking more pictures tomorrow hopefully I'll get some useable ones.

RIP
84 VW Scirocco
02 WRX

Check My New Homepage..