How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2002, 08:05 PM
alacrity024

haha, no way, i'm serious, man.. you've heard stories of crazy people in new england.. well they're all true.

-a
Old 04-11-2002, 08:34 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Everytime I see "WHAT IS RICE" I want to go take a photo of a rice field and rice grain and cook rice and post a picture.

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 04-11-2002, 09:27 PM
EverclearAtMSU

Quote:
Originally posted by alacrity024
haha, no way, i'm serious, man.. you've heard stories of crazy people in new england.. well they're all true.

-a
haha, all i know is you guys make some good clam chowder
Old 04-23-2002, 08:43 PM
abrasive personality

Send a message via AIM to NomadTW
the term rice has nothign to do w/ the car being japanese
rice comes from the charisteristic sound, sounding like it's burning alcohol, which would come from rice.
as for what most ppl consider rice, the cars in tfnf, not rice, they have the power to back up the stylings, it's more when things look fast/are believed by their owners to be fast, but arent
Old 04-23-2002, 09:20 PM
I hate stupid people!

Send a message via AIM to BoominSVX
Nice pic of the accord. You knwo what you need to drive that right? A sticky shiftah, a haf a gallon a gas, n a haf a bag a minute riss! That should get you a whole 2 miles with that wing slwoin you down.

Ohh, I consider rice as overkill. Overkill of a good thing. Everyone wants their car to look flashy, there's just a point to the madness of toys (Overkill) which some consider higher than others. Rice is a car that belongs to an idiot with the attitude that if it's not stock, it looks good so they are going to put everything they can on the car. Idiots!!! That's when it becomes rice. At the point of obvious overkill. That's my theory rigt now, but it may change when I am more aware of my surroundings.
Old 04-23-2002, 11:08 PM
$13000 and counting...

Send a message via AIM to Crusader Send a message via MSN to Crusader Send a message via Yahoo to Crusader
Okay, here's the rice news from northern MN, the hottest thing now is putting the stickers, wings, neons, exhaust, etc. on dodge neons, honda accords/civics, chevy cavalier Z24, some eclipses(although one of them IS fast as H*** and yes, although I hate to admit it, can even take my SVX off the line.... any kind of track would be a different story, but I think he has me 0-30...) but the newest and most rediculous ricers are the kids who think they're cool with their Ford Taurus SHO's ... lots of bass, lots of wings(not even painted to match), stickers, rims, exhaust that would wake you up from 12 miles away, very dark window tint, and my personal favorite... scoops on the hood that don't even have holes under them.. just welded on top of the stock hood....... one more that I can't get over is the Jeep Grand Cherokee with them stupid fart exhaust tips and clip on hood scoops.....

Last edited by Crusader; 04-23-2002 at 11:28 PM.
Old 04-23-2002, 11:18 PM
I hate stupid people!

So tell me, what car is it that can take you 0-30? I have 4 cavalier Z24's and I noticed you mentioned one. I know those aren't slow, fill me in here
Old 04-23-2002, 11:27 PM
$13000 and counting...

Send a message via AIM to Crusader Send a message via MSN to Crusader Send a message via Yahoo to Crusader
The Z24's are close... depends on how much they bring up the RPM's before they dump the clutch........
The fast one that I was talking about was the tweaked Eclipse... has some turbo work done to it
---MIKE---
Old 04-23-2002, 11:41 PM
abrasive personality

hate to say it but there's no way you can beat an SHO in a drag either, once again around track i'm sure, but SHO's are fast as hell
Old 04-24-2002, 12:24 AM
I hate stupid people!

The Z24's are quick, but tey have a nice little top out speed of 104 mph. Not to much next to the SVX now is it?
Old 04-24-2002, 06:51 AM
Lowered SVX

rice for me......

rice for me is just something done it obvious to anyone poor taste. you dont put a huge carbon fiber wing and tons of decals on a four door 1989 Honda Civic. it just looks stupid. this is a four door acura legend rolling around memphis that had the worst looking decal (pinstriping) job i have ever seen. it has curb feelers, it is lowered, big exhaust, bad aftermarket wheels, and the guy thinks he is a pimp. that is rice. low budget junk mods with no real point and poorly done do it yourself projects are ricey.

there is a black mustang gt here with stock rims and the insides are painted a sky blue, big huge fiberglass wing, and a baby blue border along the bottom of the car. also comes equipped with the glue on hood scoops. pathetic and painful to look at it.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 04-24-2002, 10:04 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Rice, to me, is an elongated, white grain that adds too much starch to my diet and I try to avoid it, unless I'm eating Chinese food. And then, you've just gotta have it.

What you guys are talking about is "playing dress-up," and, as my grandpa used to say, a pig in a pink dress is still just a pig -- whether it's a Japanese pig, a European pig or an American pig -- it's still what you started with if alls you're changing is its clothes.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 04-24-2002, 10:09 AM
Green1995SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by BoominSVX
The Z24's are quick, but tey have a nice little top out speed of 104 mph. Not to much next to the SVX now is it?
108... get it right or dont post it

-Mike
Old 04-24-2002, 10:11 AM
Green1995SVX

Also, my z24 is faster off the line than my svx. But, after about 25 mph it's no contest... the z just dies haha. But, it is the older, 6 cylinder model. Lots of torque and no hp.

-Mike
Old 04-24-2002, 11:11 AM
abrasive personality

i thought that the z24 got it's name because of the 2.4L 4cyl engine...