Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 04-26-2006, 07:40 AM

Glad you're ok. Sucks that it happened, but if you get another one and part this one I know someone who would want your seats and some other misc trim.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:14 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
The vultures are attacking already!

Sorry to see what happened. Hope all works out well in the end!
Old 04-26-2006, 10:22 AM
Live it, Love it, Breathe it

Send a message via Yahoo to SVX-FF
Nathan,

First I am glad that you are OK. I am very sorry to see you car in that state. The damage is not all that bad from the picture you provided. Silverspear is correct in checking for additional damage down the right quarter panel. Most of that quarter panel will pop out. If the car need to be racked and straightened it is no big deal. This is a very common practice with uni-body cars. If there is a wrinkle in the quarter panel closer to the door it should pop out when/if the pull the car.

Have the other persons insurance company write you an estimate. You can insist on new parts and a comparable loaner car. If you have problems with the other persons insurance company contact yours. Depending on what the labor rate is in Texas you are looking at $3,000 to $3,800 to fix. I do not think they will total your car out. It all depends on the damage that was not in the photo. I would also NOT let them but a new quarter panel on. Have it straightened and mud it. You will have less headaches this way. Cutting and replacing a quarter panel is a very large pain and you always have little leaks along with bad seams.

This has been my experience from running a body shop for 3 years. If you are still running the original tranny have it checked out by a professional shop too, just in case.

Good luck and we are here for ya.

Steve

SVXepidia SVX information warehouse
Are you in?

My Old Locker

A 4.11 Founding Father
"Tranny #6" I really need a manual

Reading IX

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ya I was there
Old 04-26-2006, 10:26 AM

I just saw that your SVX is a pearl. The repainting will be more expensive. Pearl is harder to match and there are added steps in the painting process.

Steve

Are you in?

My Old Locker

A 4.11 Founding Father

Reading IX

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ya I was there
Old 04-26-2006, 04:12 PM
no more SVX...

Send a message via AIM to BordeauxComet Send a message via Yahoo to BordeauxComet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaRyu
Oh man!! You didn't get hurt? Sorry that happened to your car. Hope she wasn't driving some big SUV and talking on her cell phone when she smashed your car. Anyways..that doesn't like horrible damage. I've seen worse cases and got fixed like nothing happened. Good luck fixing your SVX. Glad you're OK!
I wasn't hurt and neither were the girls who hit me. She was actually driving a Jeep Grand Cherokee (which explains why my bumper was hardly damaged ) and I wouldn't be surprised if she WAS on her cell phone...

'03 VW GTI 1.8T
'94 SVX LS Bordeaux Pearl (wrecked, sold..)

My Locker
Old 04-26-2006, 04:21 PM
no more SVX...

Send a message via AIM to BordeauxComet Send a message via Yahoo to BordeauxComet
I took some more pics today:

I didn't see that dent on the right quarter panel yesterday. I also noticed a dent on the roof that defiantly wasn't there before . It's right where the door meets the rear windows. Can anyone explain that??

'03 VW GTI 1.8T
'94 SVX LS Bordeaux Pearl (wrecked, sold..)

My Locker
Old 04-26-2006, 04:34 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
So, what colour is your next one going to be?
Old 04-26-2006, 04:38 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthworm
So, what colour is your next one going to be?
I am going to have to agree. At least your CF hood survived for the next one

Tom
Old 04-26-2006, 05:39 PM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX
Sorry about the loss
Old 04-26-2006, 07:27 PM

Send a message via AIM to DreamingOfSpeed Send a message via MSN to DreamingOfSpeed Send a message via Yahoo to DreamingOfSpeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by BordeauxComet
It was some 18 year old girl so I couldn't exactly do that.
She was completely at fault so at least I wont be paying for anything.

Yeah, that may be the case with almost 160k...
Speaking as an 19 year old girl, its perfectly acceptable to beat the crap out of any girl who smashes your svx. Perfectly fair. If you want give me her name and address and i'll do it.

Anyone who damages my car pays maybe not immediately but eventually (like the neighbors kids who rode their bikes down the side and dented it all up, more than a month later they left the offending bike in the road, after a few hours of it sitting there, night fell and i put it in the trunk on my car where it sits 4 days later. They havent noticed yet but they will and at that moment i will dance in glee.)

I hope you can have it fixed. Fight hard (i'm sure there is at least one lawyer/svx owner who will help!) for them to repair it and remember this isnt just damage to your car this is emotional pain and you've had to suffer b/c its harder to get to work/school/dates(more emotional pain?) Be sure to make them pay you for how ever much gas was in the car when she hit you! At 3+ dollars a gallon you deserve repayment!
Old 04-26-2006, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BordeauxComet
I also noticed a dent on the roof that defiantly wasn't there before . It's right where the door meets the rear windows. Can anyone explain that??
That dent was most likely caused because as the quarter was hit it pushed up the side glass posts which in turn dented the roof. You see those roof dents alot on hard front collisions because the unibody flexes there as the car impacts. I still dont believe the damage is that bad but it will need to be put on a frame machine, straightened out, and the quarter completely replaced. Labor with a full paint job could go up to $4000. If you could get say $6000 from the insurance company and keep them from totaling it you would still be ok. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 04-27-2006, 06:22 AM

I have to agree with Triumph in that it is not as bad as it looks. Both the roof and large dent on the quarter panel will cone out when the car is racked. There are no sharp creases on the forward section of the quarter panel. If they say they are replacing the quarter panel I do not think they will replace the whole thing. It cost the body shop to much time and they are there to make money. They will most likely only replace a section of the quarter panel. This is why I am against replacing a quarter panel on a light hit like yours, in the quarter panel.

When you get the car back check the door gaps. Make sure the gap between the door and the front fender and the rear quarter panel are the same. Also check both side too. Gaps are key as to the quality of the pull on your car. Check the trunk gaps too.

Steve

Are you in?

My Old Locker

A 4.11 Founding Father

Reading IX

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ya I was there
Old 04-27-2006, 08:46 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
ooh..what nice unfaded rear headrests. Oh my, the locker pics show how nice and shiney everything is....
Er..um...I..uh..
Hopefully you can get it fixed up. I have my fingers toes legs and somehow ears crossed that its repairable.

P.S.- I really cant afford to buy parts off of you at this time if you were to part it anyhow. Best of luck
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 04-27-2006, 08:55 PM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Stevebsy Send a message via Yahoo to Stevebsy
Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Trunk Lid

I've got a trunk lid here (in Brownsville) you could have for free if you are willing to come get it. I think it's teal, but you're looking at some paint work there anyway..

PM me if you need it.

Custom Oil Caps, Battery Bars, Phenolic Spacers for sale here:
http://www.x35design.com
Old 04-27-2006, 11:19 PM
Don't screw with the Dragon

Send a message via AIM to Jade Dragon Send a message via Yahoo to Jade Dragon
deffinatly take them to court. they will probably only give you 3k and will want to total it out. thats what happened to mine. and when they do a cost estimate, make sure they get EVERYTING. when mine was done, they missed all the glass, the frame streighening, all the stuff to make it whole again, not just look nice.

1992 Pearlie (Pearl): motorsport exhaust kit (Wife's)
1994 Red FWD (Roxi): Custom X exhaust