How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 04-03-2002, 10:09 PM

To many more members

Hi,
Yahoo has done many things to make NEW business for the SVx worldnet site. The message 40 bug, Slow response for those who had messages Fwd to an EMail box. hmm too many Ads way back when, and NOW there are so many ads that fill my screen reading mesages is a pain.
my point.. All svx'ers have a unified place to gather. One that was created and maintained by an svx'er. Or rahter many members contribute large efforts that have made the whole thing work. So all the hard work has paidoff. The site for all appearences ( WORKS). Unlike the BIG Dot com Yahoo.

so a huge thanks should go to all those that donated time effort, sleepless nights programming, fixing, or donating for this site.
Svx1999
Old 04-04-2002, 12:33 AM
Founder / Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Chris
Talking Thanks....

Thank you, thanks. It really nice to see the "child" I started just over a year ago become such a popular and useful tool. I was hesitant at first when I ran the idea past a few people on the Yahoo site oh so long ago. I was frustrated. I had a screaming fast connction, but it took ages from the time I clicked on a message from the time I got to read it. To make matters worse, the Msg 40 error drove me nuts and I personlly did not like the message format. Add to that the lack of a searh engine on the message base and I was over the edge. I didnt get a good response at first. Lots of people questioned my ability to "do better" and others took my actions as a hostile take over and nothing other than a way to step up and into a spotlight role. I even got hostile email from some die hard people worried that what I was doing was separating the group and not unifying the masses, thusly damaging the group versus helping. All I wanted to do was help and I did so the only way I knew how. In the begining, it was all slow running on demo software and a put together server. Its amazing that only a year ago we had but only a few posts a day and now we have over 200+ posts a day now.

I appreciate the kudos and will keep it in my head when I get frustrated and bang my head on the server sometimes. I know I have not been the most active in the forums and such, but I am still here in the background. And yes! Made by an SVXer for SVXers. And for all that care, I "should" have my SVX back on the road again by Thursday night 10pm.

Lets also not forget the original people that had faith in me and donated to the cause in the begining to help me purchase the software, power supplies, and hard drive cases nesessary for this site creation and our awesome uptime. I guess we shoot for year two goals!

ECU Tune (stage 1), PWR (prototype aluminum radiator)
Amateur Radio - General Class - K7SVX
#1 92 Teal LSl 246k (Dedicated SVX Race Car, now with 4.44 speed)
#2 92 Teal LSl 125k (Retired, car rescued from a field of weeds)
2007 Impreza 2.5i Special Edition, Obsidian Black Pearl (Daily driver)
2001 Dodge Ram 2500 quad cab, Cummins turbo diesel 4x4 (race car & RV hauler)
1985 Honda VF500 Interceptor (fair weather fun commuter)

Going on 11 years of NHRA bracket racing
NHRA Div 6 Car/Driver # T654 (site being rebuilt, new name is www.teamsvxracing.com)
2000 1st Place Club Challenge Series
2002 3rd Place Season Track Champion, Import Racing (Firebird Raceway)
2003 4th Place Season Track Champion, Import Racing (Firebird Raceway)
2003 1st Place NW Regional Import Shootout (July 5th)
2004 1st Place Club Challenge #1 (Firebird Raceway)
2004 1st Place NHRA "King of the Track" race
2004 NHRA Gold Cup 2nd place season win
2004 Import/Sport Compact 3rd place season win
2004 Division 6 Summit/ET NHRA Race of Champions finalist competitor (Mission, BC)
2007 1st Place Import Survival #3
2007 1st Place Track Champion Import Summer Jam (Wild Street Class)
2007 1st Place Import Survival #5
2008 Club season 1st place win, Club Champion
2008 2nd Place Season Import Final.
2008 Division 6 Summit/ET NHRA Import Finals (Woodburn, Or)
2009 2nd Place Import Summer Jam (Wild Street Class)
2010 1st Place Club race #2 - 1st place Sport Compact race #1 & #2