How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 03-19-2002, 08:11 PM
SVXtc

SVX in sportscompactcar

There is a red SVX in readers rides in sportscompactcar. And get this, the dude has headers. Check it uot. I was going to send a pic of my car...oh well...i guess he beat me to it
Old 03-19-2002, 09:17 PM
Green1995SVX

Re: SVX in sportscompactcar

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXtc
There is a red SVX in readers rides in sportscompactcar. And get this, the dude has headers. Check it uot. I was going to send a pic of my car...oh well...i guess he beat me to it
Hmmm... buddy of mine interns at SCC... i always complain to him theres never a SVX in it. I guess i cant anymore. hehe. I'll nab a copy tomorrow.

An interesting note about SCC... a freelance photographer working for them accidently dropped his camera on my cav at a show last august. (the picture he took just before dropping his camera can be found in the Jan 02 issue. It spans page 88 and 89.) I was quite torqued. I still won first place in my class though.

-Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg p8110006.jpg (56.0 KB, 204 views)
Old 03-19-2002, 09:17 PM
Green1995SVX

closer view...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg p8110007.jpg (58.0 KB, 188 views)
Old 03-19-2002, 10:03 PM
ravi

how much HP is he making from those headers ?
Old 03-20-2002, 01:48 AM
SoCal SVXer

Send a message via ICQ to phoenix96 Send a message via AIM to phoenix96 Send a message via Yahoo to phoenix96
Which issue? What page? I checked the April issue but didn't see anything.
Old 03-20-2002, 06:01 AM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
<<An interesting note about SCC... a freelance photographer working for them accidently dropped his camera on my cav at a show last august.>>

Well, if I had to choose one thing on my car to get damaged by something falling, it would have to be the windshield. No paint blending, no glass chunks to creep out from under the seat for years. As long as they paid for it.

Oh, and I'd want to follow the guy around for the rest of the show kicking him in the a$$ every few steps :{

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 03-20-2002, 06:34 AM
Green1995SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by mohrds

Well, if I had to choose one thing on my car to get damaged by something falling, it would have to be the windshield. No paint blending, no glass chunks to creep out from under the seat for years. As long as they paid for it.

Oh, and I'd want to follow the guy around for the rest of the show kicking him in the a$$ every few steps :{

Doug
He was very nice (I think mainly because he didnt want the magazine finding out) we called a local windshield place, got an estimate over the phone, and he went to an ATM and got me the cash (plus a few bucks extra) He was relieved i was so understanding, i think. Many members of my car club really wanted to hurt him. I was actually able to get the roof repainted when i got the windshield done, which is something i had been wanting to do for years... however, the body shop, located at K***y C******c in Lancaster, really did a horrible job with it... I'm still trying to have them get it right.

-Mike
Old 03-20-2002, 07:01 AM
SVXtypeR

Re: SVX in sportscompactcar

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXtc
To date, I believe your sighting makes a total of 3 SVX's in SCC magazine (trust me, I'm only missing maybe four issues from the past *six years*, and yes, I'm that much of an auto geek...)

My fav pic was the first time I'd ever seen an SVX in any speed rag. It was a spread they (SCC) did of "One Lap" about 2 years ago (I'll post the issue if I can find it). Halfway through the article I spot (of all things) a stickered up SILVER ANNIVERSARY EDITION!!

Gotta love it!
Old 03-20-2002, 02:20 PM
SVXtc

It's in the may 2002 issue, page 44.. it's red with a black top. The guy is from Kent, Washington.
Old 03-20-2002, 04:31 PM
SoCal SVXer

Send a message via ICQ to phoenix96 Send a message via AIM to phoenix96 Send a message via Yahoo to phoenix96
There's a May issue out? The latest I've gotten is the April, and that's what's shown on the website too..