Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 08-23-2001, 05:49 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
SVX by Phila. Airport

Saw a burgundy SVX on I-95 south by the Phila. airport on Tues. We drove together for awhile than got off and had a 5 minute chat. The fellow has a '96 with 90+K miles on it. He is from suburban Philly (Ridley Township, Delaware County). He did not know about any clubs. I gave him our standard windshield notice and asked him to join up. He said he probably would.

Larry III
Old 08-23-2001, 07:20 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Smile Re: SVX by Phila. Airport

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryIII
Saw a burgundy SVX on I-95 south by the Phila. airport on Tues. We drove together for awhile than got off and had a 5 minute chat. The fellow has a '96 with 90+K miles on it. He is from suburban Philly (Ridley Township, Delaware County). He did not know about any clubs. I gave him our standard windshield notice and asked him to join up. He said he probably would.

Larry III
I've handed out, or inserted in windshield wipers, at least 8 SVX club cards. The last one was yesterday in Bowie, MD to a fellow who wanted two, because he had a buddy who also had an SVX. His poor teal '92 had been vandelized, with some idiot bending the rear wiper, spray painting the tail lights, & somehow breaking in and ripping the package shelf apart, I guess in an attempt to steal those "state-of-the-art" Panasonic 6X9 speakers. Made me sick. We hope to see John W. here soon. I thought it may be a good idea to track new members as to how they found the club, as part of the sign-up process. I'd just like to know if our "spread the word" efforts are paying off. Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 08-24-2001, 02:15 AM
I could use a nap...

Phila area?

I ran across a fella in Delaware who has a pair of SVX''s, and I initially thought you had run into him. He's an older fella, but he siad it's his girlfriend who drives his SVX. He has it serviced at the Concordville Subaru shop. He said that there was one tech there he trusted, even though it took them several attempts and fuel pump replacements to diagnose a bad fuel pump switch under the back seat.

Anyway, if you're prowling around the Phila/Delco area and see a '93 25th ann. SVX with PA plates and boxes of files in it, please don't stick stuff on the windshield. I'm pretty picky about people sticking stuff on my car.
Old 08-24-2001, 03:09 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
We don't stick stuff on the windshields -- we leave a note on the windshield. Chances are if you have a svx.net logo on the car, we will know that you are one of us. I have been leaving notes around chicagoland and pulling over SVXes to let people know. So far I have pulled over 2 and counting

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 08-24-2001, 08:34 PM
I could use a nap...

Your equipment

What kind of alternator upgrade do you have? And which lights did you install?
Old 08-27-2001, 02:39 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
I have chased a few and let them know about this site....and have left a few handwritten notes on windshields.

I agree that it would be good to keep track of how people found this site although if they are from this neck of the woods, their explanation would easily identify how they got here:

"I was driving along in my 1995 yellow SVX and I noticed a blue Camry following me. Thinking this quite strange, I decided to gently accelerate and confound me but didn't this lunatic keep with me. Righto said I and floored the accelerator to unleash the powerplant and took off. I spied my foe flashing and beeping like a maniac, in and out of traffic like a NASCAR driver chasing me. A red light prevented me from escaping this loon when, all of a sudden, a hapless girl was (obviously reluctantly) forced out of the passenger seat of the Camry and came to my window, clutching a piece of paper: "I'm sorry" she said "but my obsessed boyfriend wants me to give you this" and hands me the 'Join Us' card with this club's address. "I am so sorry but he is obsessed and he said that he would have come up in person but his 4cyl Camry is ready to explode with his chasing efforts and he needs to watch the temp gauge". This poor young girl then went back to the Camry and it took off, with the driver beeping and waving.
Is this what members of this club do?? If so, I am thankful".

Yep, this is what happens.....my poor girlfriend!

Jamsvx

O B S E S S E D

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 08-27-2001, 03:07 AM

Re: Your equipment

Quote:
Originally posted by maximvsv
What kind of alternator upgrade do you have? And which lights did you install?
Alternator mod is the wiring upgrade. If you look under the mods section and do a search, you will see how it can be done. It will make the lights brighter.

What kind of lights do I have? I got the artic blue 100W headlamps and H3 (fog lights). They fit in the current lights but they are brighter (more wattage) then the OEM bulbs. They are illegal but no one is going to take out a photometer just to check it. They look white/blue ish. That's the best way I can emulate the HIDs until I can buy a HID kit for my car.

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Old 08-27-2001, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamsvx
I have chased a few and let them know about this site....and have left a few handwritten notes on windshields.

Jamsvx

O B S E S S E D
James,

As soon as I start to chase another SVX, normally they piss bolts and disappear. Once I tried to chase one and we did neck to neck on south(east) bound 90/94 (highway) at 110 mph. When the speed limit was at 55 and going twice that with pot holes the size of small countries, I had to slow down. I honked and waved and this guy just acted like he did not hear me (freeking moron).

Well, g'day mate

Lwin

got to pratice my australian.