Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Interior Mods

Old 06-18-2017, 02:49 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX
Floor Mats

After sending actual (almost new) samples of our floor mats to Lloyds Mats, they sent me color samples of what they thought were the closest match for our original ones.

Only one matching taupe color (for the tan interiors) in their Velourtex line.
There is only one gray and a dark parchment available in their Ultimat line

VELOURTEX

VELOURTEX is an outstanding value, custom fit car floor mat. This Lloyd product is twice the weight, but with a similar look and feel, to many factory mats. Velourtex has a smooth texture face of highly durable premium nylon yarn, twice the weight of many factory mats. Lloyd’s multi-layer backing provides moisture resistance, stiffness and stability along with the final layer of non-skid TractionBac to help keep mats in place. The matching woven binding provides a low profile finish to this high quality product.
  • 20 oz. per yard premium continuous filament nylon yarn
  • Similar carpet face texture to many factory floor mats
  • Twelve popular original equipment colors
  • Multi-layer moisture resistant non-skid backing
  • Factory compatible safety anchors keep mats in place
  • Three year warranty

DARK TAUPE 974

$105.90 four piece set, front and rear. Front mats only $74.90. Rear mats only $49.90

https://www.lloydmatsstore.com/velourtex-floor-mats

ULTIMAT

ULTIMAT is their Original Custom Automotive Carpet Mat was introduced by Lloyds in 1978. This is the premier custom mat in the automotive industry, with nearly four decades of continuous improvement and Lloyd’s unmatched custom vehicle patterns and service. What you see is a beautiful Nylon yarn face, that’s engineered for long-lasting, crush-resistant strength. What you don’t see, are the four layers of backing that create a durable structure of moisture resistance, stiffness and stability to survive the rigorous demands of automotive use.
  • 32 oz. per yard of premium continuous filament nylon
  • Two-ply, heat set yarn provides exceptional density and bulk
  • Fifty original factory colors to choose from
  • Matching continuous cloth edge can’t unravel
  • Factory compatible safety anchors keep mats in place
  • Five year warranty

SMOKE 111
PARCHMENT 760

$129.90 four-piece set, front and rear. Front mats only $89.90. Rear mats only $53.90

https://www.lloydmatsstore.com/ultim...-mats?q=design

MAT ANCHORING SYSTEM

Here are actual photos I took of samples of our original mats with theirs over top. My lighting could be better.

Q. Are my Lloyd Mats going to be the same shape as my original equipment floor mats?

No. Lloyd Mats makes it's own custom patterns for each specific vehicle. They are designed to cover as much of the exposed flat area of the vehicle floor as possible. In general, Lloyd Mats tend to be larger than factory floor mats, to protect more floor area. It is possible that Lloyd's mat shape in some circumstances looks very similar to the OEM factory mats, but they are not taken from any Original Equipment Manufacturer's pattern.

Website: https://www.lloydmatsstore.com/carpet-car-floor-mats

They also offer 3 lines of All-Weather mats, custom cut from the same pattern. For those enthusiasts who drive your SVX all year long, in any weather, and don't have a garage queen.

https://www.lloydmatsstore.com/all-weather-mats

Attached Images
File Type: jpg MAT COLORS.jpg (21.9 KB, 653 views)
File Type: jpg OEM gray.jpg (88.4 KB, 612 views)
File Type: jpg OEM beige.jpg (73.6 KB, 678 views)

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Last edited by svxcess; 12-03-2018 at 12:04 PM.
Old 06-18-2017, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: Floor Mats

Lloyd mats do not have a licensing agreement with Subaru. This means they cannot embroider ANY Subaru logo, including the SVX logo, into the mats.

Although I went through the proper channels and obtained an official release from Subaru to use the SVX logo, their company guidelines still would not permit it.

The SVX pattern as they now have it has a carpeted flap for the dead pedal. We can get rid of it if desired, but that is their signature design.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg mat.jpg (123.2 KB, 809 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20120813_190459-P25.jpg~original.jpg (72.8 KB, 760 views)

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Last edited by svxcess; 12-03-2018 at 12:06 PM.