Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > FAQs, How To's, & Vendors > Vendors, Service, & Parts

Old 01-02-2010, 09:12 PM

Send a message via AIM to Green1995SVX Send a message via Yahoo to Green1995SVX
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: AWD Closing the doors

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
looking for an 02,03... Might consider an older model of the same body style if the deal is right

Tom
Good idea. The Nikasil problem with the M60 makes it something to avoid altogether in my opinion.

They are very fun cars.
2001 Audi S8
Old 02-01-2010, 04:47 PM

Tom So sad to hear of your change and a loss of input on the forum. Many times I still consider the same. I have been a forum lurker since the early forums and seen the changes in personalities and innovations through the years. Yours was on the forefront. So much has changed on what is available for SVXs. I just had DRW transmission on the west coast build a trans, but have not installed it yet. A lot of money to invest in a declining valued vehicle, even with 68k mil. Time to put it to work or also move on. Also looking for perfect pearl driver front fender. do not respond unless you have such and enjoy the future Beeemer. Steve
Old 02-01-2010, 05:23 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX

Very well put Steve.

I've got one with 40K miles and I'm keeping the miles low and keeping it stock. Money wise in my lifetime it will never repay my care, but that is not a bother to me. I love it like a mother loves a ginger haired boy.

The problem for SVX owners is this low value, low appreciation of their worth. I have several other SVXes, I'm going to modify the bejaysus out of them, and use them like I stole them.
[Well, at the price they were a steal, actually ]

A few things to attend to when buying an SVX:

Don't buy one that looks uncared for or that has a wrong owner profile. It will cost you multiples of the purchase price to put right.

Don't buy one as a cheap and stylish vehicle for college. It is stylish, but running costs will be lots higher than expected.

Don't buy one expecting them to appreciate in value. It's not happening anytime soon.

Do buy one that looks immaculate, good to excellent interior, one careful and caring owner, full history. Its value to you will be in the feelgood factor of ownership and driving it.

Do buy one with tasteful modifications. But only if the current owner can text or type in full non-truncated grammatical English.

Tom is a great ambassador for the SVX, the man knows his onions. I'm hoping he sticks around and keeps us all road legal.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 02-15-2010, 06:03 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist View Post
A few things to attend to when buying an SVX:

Don't buy one that looks uncared for or that has a wrong owner profile. It will cost you multiples of the purchase price to put right.

Don't buy one as a cheap and stylish vehicle for college. It is stylish, but running costs will be lots higher than expected.

Don't buy one expecting them to appreciate in value. It's not happening anytime soon.

Do buy one that looks immaculate, good to excellent interior, one careful and caring owner, full history. Its value to you will be in the feelgood factor of ownership and driving it.
Might I add an exception here, Do buy an SVX in any condition just in case they are very very rare in your area and you really really want to own one. Here comes the real enthusiast!

Quote:
Do buy one with tasteful modifications. But only if the current owner can text or type in full non-truncated grammatical English.
Green's pearlie

Quote:
Tom is a great ambassador for the SVX, the man knows his onions. I'm hoping he sticks around and keeps us all road legal.
Yup yup yup

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:53 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
Yikes, he is finally driving?? (takes note not to travel in Southern MD anytime soon)

I think we should have a decent door card and I know we have a good dash panel. Looking about $45 for both +shipping

Tom
I haven't traveled in that area since I first saw Crash Bill drive! Can Austin really be any worse than his dad behind the wheel of a breeder buggie? I'm assuming his mothers genes should give him a slight advantage even without the experience of sliding everyone elses cars towards large immobile objects his dad has.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:29 AM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX

Tom and I are coming down to the final two weeks of being open. My feelings are some what mixed about it, but overall I am looking forward to feeling relieved. Thanks again for those of you who supported our venture and our work.

Reminder: If there are any parts you need, the time to ask is now, before more items get discarded.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:57 AM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob View Post
I haven't traveled in that area since I first saw Crash Bill drive! Can Austin really be any worse than his dad behind the wheel of a breeder buggie? I'm assuming his mothers genes should give him a slight advantage even without the experience of sliding everyone elses cars towards large immobile objects his dad has.
Ben,
Thank you, thank you very much...
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 02-15-2010, 10:04 AM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide View Post
Ben,
-Bill
Bill, I am picking up that breather on Wednesday night from my powdercoat guy. PM me the address of where it needs to get shipped to.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:34 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide View Post
Ben,
-Bill
LOL

Don't worry, I'll still let you drive the TVR.

Agreed value insurance is a beautiful thing!
Old 02-15-2010, 08:23 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike621 View Post
Tom and I are coming down to the final two weeks of being open. My feelings are some what mixed about it, but overall I am looking forward to feeling relieved. Thanks again for those of you who supported our venture and our work.

Reminder: If there are any parts you need, the time to ask is now, before more items get discarded.
I need hood struts, I read a post that you guys had, or do sell them?
Also sorry to see you go, though I understand the reasons. Good Luck with future endeavorers.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:28 PM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 SVX View Post
I need hood struts, I read a post that you guys had, or do sell them?
Also sorry to see you go, though I understand the reasons. Good Luck with future endeavorers.
There is a how-to posted on how to retrofit new struts to the stock brackets. If you have a drill and a vise, you'll be able to DIY. The ball studs and lifter springs are available from spdhardware.com.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:31 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike621 View Post
There is a how-to posted on how to retrofit new struts to the stock brackets. If you have a drill and a vise, you'll be able to DIY. The ball studs and lifter springs are available from spdhardware.com.
Yes I have been looking it over, though the one I looked at was napa struts, I will have to look at the website.
I read on here that you had been selling them at about $60 a pair? is that right, if that is the case then it is just as cost effective to buy a already modified set.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:37 PM
Alleged User

Registered SVX

Sucks to hear about this, I'm sure I could have used you guys as a resource at one point or another too.

Do you guys have a tan driver's side armrest? I mean the one that is attached to the door, I think it separates from the rest of the inner door panel but I could be mistaken. The suede on mine is in bad shape and I'd like to replace it with a nice one.

Also need a master power window switch (auto down) and the tan plastic door sill piece on the driver's side (every single clip on mine is broken ).

Let me know if you guys have any of this, or if I'm too late! I may be able to come up with more too lol...

1997 SVX LSi Bordeaux Pearl
1995 SVX L AWD Polo Green - 277k miles
1986 Pontiac Fiero 3.4L Twin Dual Cam V6
Old 03-03-2010, 05:16 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX

you like dumpster diving?? We have begun to officially clean out... Everything must go happened a while ago

Tom
Old 03-04-2010, 09:28 PM
Alleged User

Registered SVX

I figured that was the case. I meant to post a while ago but just plain forgot to until it was too late...

1997 SVX LSi Bordeaux Pearl
1995 SVX L AWD Polo Green - 277k miles
1986 Pontiac Fiero 3.4L Twin Dual Cam V6