SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2006, 12:46 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark
just trying to relate some "i wish i had done things differently" experience to you.

when i got my job, i went out and bought my 928. it was $17k, around the price of your WRX, but i was making $50k at the time. in retrospect, i should have taken that money and bought a small house and just continued to drive my beater instead of paying rent for 4 years. that was $34,000 in rent that was gone. if i had a house, that money, and probably more, would still be mine.

you have a nice WRX that is good all year long, and as a wagon, will be quite useful. add some mods to it if you get bored - it will be a fun car. try not to get keep up with everyone on NASIOC. alot of these kids have STi's and $20,000 in mods in them - some are rich kids, and some will be in serious debt for the rest of their lives.
yeah listen to this horsefaced dumbass. he's gone through it and knows what he's talking about.

although i highly doubt that you'd be able to afford a car and a house being a student making $10/hour, but hey i guess it could happen. remember this too, if you can afford it, buy a 2 bedroom and rent one out. that way, you have to pay very little for your mortgage and hopefully when you're ready to move, your house would have appreciated some and you'd get some cash out of selling it.

but hey, you're young and dumb so i guess you know what's best for you. just don't regret your decision like muleface over there when you get old and decriped like baldy.

Noir <-- has three old cars and a paid off house....took the route Horseface-Landmule recommended.

crusing baby.
Old 02-12-2006, 02:16 PM
Unstoppable

Like I said, in Buffalo the real estate market is stagnant. I could theoretically pay for a note on a cheaper house, but like I said, I know I'm not staying here for long after school and I don't want to deal with the hassles of selling a house that won't sell easily. I'll take throwing my money away on rent to buying a house and deciding a year later that I'm not happy where I am any day.

I'm not trying to say what I'm doing is the smart thing, but its what I'd like to do....once I have a family to support I won't get the chance to do the dumb stuff.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
-George Carlin
Old 02-12-2006, 10:38 PM
Good morning!

Send a message via AIM to NapaBavarian Send a message via Yahoo to NapaBavarian
Quote:
Originally Posted by upnygimp
See, thats the thing, I'm still in school......

Details details...you had me scared there for a second thinking that 20K was a lot of dough...
Return of the Pissed Platypus! X2
My dream (other than a pearlie)
1.8 SVXi and a laguna blue spoiler...somewhere
I decided to quit drinking, but I didn't like it so I quit not drinking.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:43 PM
Unstoppable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NapaBavarian
Details details...you had me scared there for a second thinking that 20K was a lot of dough...
Its a lot of dough for the kind of job I'm after. I should be making considerably more once I finish my degree.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
-George Carlin
Old 02-12-2006, 10:58 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir
although i highly doubt that you'd be able to afford a car and a house being a student making $10/hour, but hey i guess it could happen. remember this too, if you can afford it, buy a 2 bedroom and rent one out. that way, you have to pay very little for your mortgage and hopefully when you're ready to move, your house would have appreciated some and you'd get some cash out of selling it.
didn't realize gimp was still in school. WTF? you want a WRX *AND* an STi while you're still in school? live at home for a while, save your money, THEN get a house when you get a chance.

you want an STi that will cost an entire years income, assuming you get this job. in comparison, my car is about 1/3 of my yearly income.

Quote:
but hey, you're young and dumb so i guess you know what's best for you. just don't regret your decision like muleface over there when you get old and decriped like baldy.
Donkey-boy is right, you'll do what you want anyway! i don't have any deep regrets, but if i did some stuff differently, i would have had a better head start in teh l00t dept.

Quote:
Noir <-- has three old cars and a paid off house....took the route Horseface-Landmule recommended.
not going into debt and living beyond your means when your young is one thing, but don't be a super-cheap tightwad like Harry, either.
when Harry the Horse pulls a dollar bill from his pocket, George Washington squints!

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 02-12-2006, 11:22 PM

Quote:
not going into debt and living beyond your means when your young is one thing, but don't be a super-cheap tightwad like Harry, either.
when Harry the Horse pulls a dollar bill from his pocket, George Washington squints!
hahahaha, dude, i laughed for a good 5 minutes from that post man. ya got me <waves white flag>

i will hold them dead presidents captive forevAr!!!!!
Old 02-12-2006, 11:43 PM

Quote:
didn't realize gimp was still in school. WTF? you want a WRX *AND* an STi while you're still in school?
admit it, that's how you got Mrs. Shark. crusing up and down the strip sporting a mullet and a porsche.

Quote:
Donkey-boy is right, you'll do what you want anyway! i don't have any deep regrets, but if i did some stuff differently, i would have had a better head start in teh l00t dept.
you can still do well in the l00t dept. get back on the mower and mow my lawn and i'll hook you up with a few shades-wearing Washingtons. of course, you could use your teeth if you wish to, just remember to remove your horse-sized heapings of dung off the greenery.
Old 02-13-2006, 12:38 AM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir
admit it, that's how you got Mrs. Shark. crusing up and down the strip sporting a mullet and a porsche.
i had teh future Mrs. Shark first. i used my l33t sexual powerz.

Quote:
you can still do well in the l00t dept. get back on the mower and mow my lawn and i'll hook you up with a few shades-wearing Washingtons. of course, you could use your teeth if you wish to, just remember to remove your horse-sized heapings of dung off the greenery.

i ain't working for your wooden nickels again - i'll need real money, you cheap-ass, toilet paper re-using jackhole.

my teh dung makes the grass gr33n3r.

Old 02-13-2006, 01:24 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Andy
Now behave you equine fools.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I would be a young man again and had to decide how to make my living, I
would not try to become a scientist or scholar or teacher. I would rather
choose to be a plumber or a peddler in the hope to find that modest degree
of independence still available under present circumstances.
-- Albert Einstein, The Reporter, November 18 1954
Old 02-13-2006, 08:16 AM
Good morning!

Send a message via AIM to NapaBavarian Send a message via Yahoo to NapaBavarian
Quote:
Its a lot of dough for the kind of job I'm after. I should be making considerably more once I finish my degree.

then you can afford more subarus
Return of the Pissed Platypus! X2
My dream (other than a pearlie)
1.8 SVXi and a laguna blue spoiler...somewhere
I decided to quit drinking, but I didn't like it so I quit not drinking.
Old 02-18-2006, 02:27 PM
Unstoppable

No job yet, but my mind is always in motion. Now I'm considering possibly trading the WRX in on a Dodge Magnum R/T if I do get the job. I just can't have any fun with the WRX living where I am in Buffalo. I'm smack dab in the middle of one giant housing development of a town:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Amhers...6,0.070982&t=h

And I just can't have fun with the WRX in 30mph zones. I'll probably be here for the next 2 years too. The magnum would be more suited to this area, but then again I probably won't do it because I love the WRX too much.

Just one of my many thoughts

-George Carlin
Old 02-18-2006, 02:55 PM
Hater

Quote:
No job yet, but my mind is always in motion. Now I'm considering possibly trading the WRX in on a Dodge Magnum R/T if I do get the job. I just can't have any fun with the WRX living where I am in Buffalo. I'm smack dab in the middle of one giant housing development of a town:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Amhers...6,0.070982&t=h

And I just can't have fun with the WRX in 30mph zones. I'll probably be here for the next 2 years too. The magnum would be more suited to this area, but then again I probably won't do it because I love the WRX too much.

Just one of my many thoughts

yeah, Buffalo hardly gets any snow - a heavy, torquey, RWD car would be a better choice over a smaller AWD car.

Old 02-18-2006, 03:02 PM
Unstoppable

Quote:
yeah, Buffalo hardly gets any snow - a heavy, torquey, RWD car would be a better choice over a smaller AWD car.
Actually, where I am doesn't get much snow. Only places directly west or southwest of the lake get the big time lake effect snow. I live west of the river= no large body of water west of me for the wind to blow across, pick up moisture and dump snow. The nor'easters are to far east to affect Buffalo in any major way, so both factors mean that we don't get too much snow around here.

-George Carlin
Old 02-18-2006, 03:05 PM

Quote:
hell with that mang, i think he should a STi...two in fact with the l00t he's pulling in.
Old 02-18-2006, 03:07 PM
Unstoppable

Hey now, $200 extra a month is affordable. $1200 more isn't

-George Carlin