Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 02-08-2004, 02:21 PM
How fast is fast?

Send a message via AIM to Bxsvx
What company has the best warranty?

I'm looking for the best extended warranty. I have 52,xxx miles so it shouldnt be hard to find a company. I am trying to look for a company which covers everthing especially struts(NY pot holes). Any one have used a company and would like to refer another customer? Thanks
Old 02-08-2004, 09:13 PM

Warranty gold is in a class action suit (I'm a claimant) since their reinsurer went tits up. Paid 1500. and had one 500. repair so I didn't drive em to chap 11....beware of the company you chose.

Can you get onr from chyrsler? I think they do extended warrantys.
Old 02-08-2004, 09:27 PM
How fast is fast?

Chrysler the car company? I never knew they offer it for cars other than there own. I really want to get a subaru extended warranty. How much would that cost ? Hmmmm I must bug them tomorrow right away.
Old 02-09-2004, 04:23 AM
Yeah, I'm still around

Most of us here long since lost warranty coverage on their cars so I'm not sure you'll find much help from the group.

Good luck on your search.

Todd
Old 02-09-2004, 06:49 AM

I looked at that 97 from an old Sube West coast rep (used but never titled) and he said he could probably get a service contract from Sube on it-but it was an as yet untitled car (w/21k on it).
Let us know what sube sez...
Old 02-09-2004, 09:43 AM
How fast is fast?

Got the warranty info!!!

Ok everyone read up carefully. I talked to Subaru they said that my SVX is 10 years old but they managed to get it for me. I have a 94 LS fwd(52,xxx miles). these are the quotes. 100 dollar deductable. If you get a no deductible I think you have to add 90 dollars.

1 year /12 thousand miles = $1592

2 years/24 thousand miles= $1866

2.5 years/30 thousand miles= $2020

3 years/ 36 thousand miles= $2193

They said BUMPER TO BUMPER waiting time is 750 miles or 45 days, but if I have a problem he is going to waive that for me. For AWD its 300 more for each quote.

They look pricey but they cover everything bumper to bumper. So I am really considering it, I might check some other subaru dealerships like NJ or CT they might or might not be cheaper who knows. I hope this info helps. Take care everyone.
Old 02-09-2004, 09:43 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
If you're so worried about your struts, I would recommend just buying an extra set to have on hand or saving up for them. If those warranties were a good deal for you, they wouldn't be making money on them. That's my take.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 02-09-2004, 10:58 AM

Is it a Sube warr? Or aftermarket form a sube dlr? You'll tire quickly from the 100 deduct also. My Bimmer dlr charged th 50. ded every visit even on a return for the same problem when they waited for parts to come in.

At those $$, it may pay to self insure...
Old 02-09-2004, 04:44 PM
How fast is fast?

No, not the struts really. I want them to change EVERYTHING that goes wrong with it. Even my seats. They are bumper to bumper warranty so its excellent. I might change my glass if its possible(it has scratches)

Yea I think its a subaru warranty. I called a subaru dealership and spoke with the guy, I read that only subaru dealerships offer bumper to bumper warranty. I also if I choose to get there warranty will get the no deductible its only a 90 dollar difference. But I will go in on friday and confirm everything. So if anyone has any questions please pm me and I will ask them if I have time. I also am going to call subaruparts.com do they give discounts on warranty?
Old 02-09-2004, 04:52 PM
JLittell

Your glass more than likely won't be covered under a second party warranty due to normal wear and tear, nevertheless under a Subaru factory warranty. Subaruparts.com may not offer any discounts to warrantyed vehicles. If you get something fixed or replaced your dealer would have to order their own parts and do the fix...

Why would you pay 2K if your car only has 58k on it?
Old 02-09-2004, 05:04 PM
How fast is fast?

The thing is I want to be covered when anything breaks down. I am trying to look for the best warranty, and trying to find out who covers the most, right now all I know is that aftermarket warranty company's dont cover wear and tear, but the subaru warranty does. And I dont actually want to have problems with a aftermarket warranty when time comes to pick up my car. I dont mind paying 2g's for a good warranty which will cover everything expecially the trannies, I feel that it is safe insurance. And also tranny jobs are sometimes 4 g's, so im actually saving. I want to make this car as mint as possible.

subaru warranty comparison
Old 02-09-2004, 05:12 PM
JLittell

Why are you expecting the worst for your SVX? I'm not understanding your logic behind "in case it happens" on a 52K miled SVX. Why don't you just sell it and buy a newer car? I guess if you have the money....

Old 02-09-2004, 05:16 PM
JLittell

BTW, a majority of the tranny quirks were ironed out by the factory or fixed on '94-'97 models..
Old 02-09-2004, 07:52 PM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
I think that its actually a pretty good deal. i don't think however they will cover cosmetic damage like window scratches. i'd get the 3 year one, and "make sure" they replace the transmission... just my take, all of those warrenties are cheaper than a reman tranny though.

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker
Old 02-09-2004, 07:54 PM
How fast is fast?

Actually I want to keep my svx. I love her to much. I'm just paranoid, I have real bad luck with cars(my family to) So im preparing for the worse, which I hope doesnt happen. Anyway even if I sell it how much can I get like 3500? Thats not what I really am looking to sell my car for. Most people want to buy a AWD so they dont want to pay alot for fwd .