Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 08-08-2003, 07:18 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Pure_Insanity8 Send a message via AIM to Pure_Insanity8
Quote:
Originally posted by NikFu S.
it was around 65 degrees 11:30pm that 'day'. its bright up here in the summer. i remember cuz got pulled over for having my parking lights on 20 mins earlier. is that illegal anywhere else?

the plugs i pulled out were copperish and had only a single stripe. dont platinums have 2? i got my iriduims from dayle.

i think we have to have a 4w dyno somewhere.

as for the video IF it can be uploaded to digital media im not sure where to host. if not ill have to take digi shots of it frame by frame.... : \

as for a paint job i wanted silver with a black top, but then i saw the UK grey. MAN is that the most beautiful grey on a vehicle ive ever seen.
check the uk forum if you wanna see it.
Illegal to have them on? It wasn't too dark to not have your headlights on?

Hehehe... frame by frame. That'd be fun!

I've wanted to put a nice metalic charcoal grey on for the longest time. I was just asking Stephen what color he decided on... and he was considering a grey... only wanted one a bit lighter than the UK color (looks almost black). Some of the Porsche and Aston Martin metalic greys are absolutely awesome... when the time comes, I don't know which I would want! I wish I could see some of them on an SVX to see how they "fit" on the car.

I don't know about the plugs... just that they are supposed to be platinum from the factory (I'm pretty sure). I had to get in a group order a while back, so they were only $40-50 for all six... instead of something like $14-15 a piece normally.

SVX: '92 Dark Teal 101k

'97 Legacy GT Wagon: dead
'99 Civic Si: daily driver... stolen and stripped with all my tools!
'92 Yamaha FZR 600: garage
2011 Jetta: Daily disappointment
Old 08-08-2003, 11:14 PM
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally posted by Pure_Insanity8

Stephen, it is because usually a certain car won't have that big of a variance in how fast they are off the production floor. A slow would could run a 16.1 and a fast one a 15.5 seconds in the quarter. A gap of a whole second is relatively rare (I believe). Plus, inconsistencies are seen much more on forced induction vehicles than N/A ones (it seems). That, and the fact that testers (like auto magazines) get VERY optimistic times that are basically never realized by "in the real world," and the best they have claimed was something like a 15.2-15.4 (I think, not sure about the 15.2).

BTW, my SVX will be MUCH faster than my SVX... as soon as I get a working tranny in it.

edit: Have you decided on a repaint color yet?
Excuse me, I thought I said SVX. They left the showroom floor a long time ago. Naw acutally I bought a new 89 Sentra, many many years ago. My best friend had to go and copy me, the next day. His car would kick mine's ass at any speed. And we're only talking about 96 hp here. I was also a much better driver than him. Mostly because he sucked. Actually he did have one driving talent: he could drive down an apartment parking lot at 35 mph and pull his e-brake and slide in between two cars and the cover supports like a absolute freak of nature. He would scare the piss out of me. Anyway, most of the SVXs we are talking about are 11 years old now. My yellow one is way quicker than my black one was, stock vs stock. You are right on what you said about inconsistencies with turbos greater than N/As because of that 5 letter word that starts with 'B'. And a very good example of Road and Track times being ideal instead of real world is: Ford Mustang GT.

I still haven't decided on a color. I'm getting so many side projects lately, that i'm not even sure if can get it done this year. I'll keep you posted. The gray sure would be nice though.

Stephen
94 Barcelona - FWD SOLD
92 Ebony - 3.90 SOLD
94 Laguna ROLLING w/4.44s/Ecutune ECU +TCU/STI springs/Infiniti M45 rims
Old 08-09-2003, 03:58 AM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Pure_Insanity8

Illegal to have them on? It wasn't too dark to not have your headlights on?

Hehehe... frame by frame. That'd be fun!
too dark to have my headlights on...
*dies*
X_x'''
the po said that "Sunset" was at 10pm or something but it was really bright an stuff.... in any case its illegal to drive with parking lights on. but.. isnt the parking lights a button? i turned the headlight switch halfway. is that parking lights too?
do i sound vely interrigent?

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 08-09-2003, 01:19 PM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
k kiddies good news thus far. its saturday and im heading 50 miles to the track and we have two cameras. both digital one for stills an one for *gasp* video.

c yaz.

Old 08-09-2003, 11:25 PM
155mphguy

No track , my bad. Had to follow pussy.
The weather was mad hot and hella traffic jam, Took hella hours to get t da place

Last edited by 155mphguy; 08-09-2003 at 11:27 PM.
Old 08-10-2003, 12:32 AM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
damn right yure "bad". '''-.-
complicated stuff. let me elaborate.
1) found myself playing high speed cat and mouse with 3 other (non-equipped) vehicles. took pics.
2) almost roasted in stop-and-go traffic. +80 degrees (remember i removed my A/c) took some pics.
3) major traffic jam on the highway. some poor soul flipped their (station wagon?). got a crappy pic.
4) got to big lake and edgo (155mphfoo) was on da fone wit some chick. fooled with some cars. pics.
5) told that fool i wanted to rest up and head out in a couple hours, let the engine cool. pics of ome dogs.
6) ran some errands in his truck, passed some girls. i holla'd at em. turns out it was da chick on da fone. pics of old cars.
7) sat and watched tv. pics of edgo tryin to be sneaky takin pics of me. deleted them.

turns out the track is open everday, and while ill miss da car show tonite, ill get it all to myself tomorrow. edgo tries to reason that its pointless to race only one car. he wants to take his 'lude, but he busted a cam and all his valves driving like an idiot in his driveway. again, pics.

well we left da house and where do i find myself? at some backwoods water hole with people swimming, tryin to pick up those girls. somehow i found myself wearing shorts that were not mine, while jus walking round for an hour. no pics. crap. she was wearing a bikini.

time to go. im taking them home. "why dont we drive around a bit". fine. i end up on a verysmall road, strikingly similar to The Dragon. pics of girls.
gotta get my fix. many near misses at twice the speed limit. drop them off eventually. get back to the house. she calls. "hey, you know she has your CDs?" Damnit! ><' gotta go back.
gotta get the camera back to my mom before monday. gotta get a time slip sunday or else i will disgrace myself looking like a jackass making false promises.

man this is long. i hate reading long posts. if you reached this point without reading, ill sum it up:

wasilla + edgo + bad planning + females = no race,
yet...

Old 08-11-2003, 12:37 AM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
heres the deal. the track is open 7 days a week. BUT, you cannot just go in and race unles its a "special event". also you need a helmet and long sleeve coat, which is stupid but i have both so ok. the next "event" is on the 24th of this month.
ill be there. $25 to enter a race, $35 for a tune-up and dyno.
well try this again and ill use my own thread.
look for me!
oh yeah there was two accidents on the highway.
one on the way there, one on the way back. both times i got caught in stop and go traffic and saw steam coming up from the passenger side of my X.
the weird thing is ive never seen this before, AND when i got back into town, i sat at a light and didnt see anything. temp was stable.

Old 08-11-2003, 04:42 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Pure_Insanity8 Send a message via AIM to Pure_Insanity8
Wow... there was a lot of ghetto dialect in those couple of posts. Yeah, one "click" on the knob is the parking lights... the fog lamps are a button. What I was saying was, "he ticketed you because he thought you should have the headlights on?"

$25 to race... sounds a little steep to me (I dunno, maybe not). $35 for a tune & dyno... do they assist you in tuning? That could be kinda cool... especially if they are equipped for AWD.

Females often make it all worth-while. I've gotten the "steam" before... I think somehow it was coolant burning off for me.

Stephen... you still need to take her to the track and run with "the juice." Side projects? I hope they're SVX related young man (scolding voice).

Old 08-12-2003, 03:06 AM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
ghetto dialect? dunno whatcha mean homie.
i didnt get ticketed at all. ive never gotten a ticket the whole two times ive been pulled over for something about lights being on that shouldnt.
i think you get a certain number of track attempts for $25. i dunno, g.
i also dunno bout the tuning, yo.
plus, dem females wasnt no action nawmean.
and the steam? i smelled it. true it was vapor wit a hint a coolant. werd.
new pics in da locka from the weekend. inorda, sorta storylike.

check dis. mad crazy vibration on the way home. they dont have anything higher than 90 clean fuel in wasilla/big lake. i put in $6 worth. think that caused the vibration?

Old 08-12-2003, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by NikFu S.
ghetto dialect? dunno whatcha mean homie.
i didnt get ticketed at all. ive never gotten a ticket the whole two times ive been pulled over for something about lights being on that shouldnt.
i think you get a certain number of track attempts for $25. i dunno, g.
i also dunno bout the tuning, yo.
plus, dem females wasnt no action nawmean.
and the steam? i smelled it. true it was vapor wit a hint a coolant. werd.
new pics in da locka from the weekend. inorda, sorta storylike.

check dis. mad crazy vibration on the way home. they dont have anything higher than 90 clean fuel in wasilla/big lake. i put in $6 worth. think that caused the vibration?
Shooo dawg, I feel 'ya. Damn, G, 'dem shorties didn't give a lil sump'n sump'n?

What kind of vibration? Like, where from? How could they not sell anything higher than 90 octane fuel? Punks!

Peace yo... I'm out.

Old 08-13-2003, 08:44 PM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
vibration is gone
i put in some 92 all better.
it was the whole car
just shaking
from the awesome power i guess.

im going to go take out my thermostat now

Last edited by NikFu S.; 08-13-2003 at 08:53 PM.
Old 08-16-2003, 10:37 PM
MINEZ BETTER

lol

i raced a neon on the hiway, the car sure got a set of balls, but not enough for me.
white leathers, h.i.d, ecutune S/C stage 4, 14 inch 2piece rotors big brake kit., , msd ignition, c/f dash kit, front spoiler,carbon fiber jdm rearc wing,19 inch rims, nos, , aem fuel regulater, koni-gc package, ported cylinder heads, supercharger cams,solid buck and shims,wrx sti intake valve and exhaust valves,& valve springs, gas analizer,water injection, exhaust temp gauge, idiglo gauges, shift kit, , remote start, all automatic windows,2.5 inch true dual exhaust system with crossover, and 2 borla stainless steal muffler,air filter velocity air stack 3inch to 6 for air filtre, group n mounts, momo steering wheel, dyno will happan soon
Old 08-18-2003, 11:35 PM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
so far the only thing that has competed with my svx on the highway is my xt6 believe it or not. 2200lbs is light enough for 145hp to push it to 125mph just as fast as the tourer.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: