How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 07-23-2003, 06:03 PM
Hater

Mac funny

WARNING TO THE SENSITIVE: this video contains some cursing (that you've probably heard a million times anyway. )

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/wieckj...Videos/mac.wmv

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 07-23-2003, 07:23 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

re: hehe landshark

hehe landshark, glad rob came to his senses and moved to the pc side.
Old 07-24-2003, 07:41 AM
SVXdriver_007

no we did this one already not even a week ago and it turned into a pissing contest.
it was right here
Old 07-24-2003, 12:23 PM

Hopefully, this thread won't.
Old 07-24-2003, 03:37 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Depends if you start yapping about things you don't have a clue about.

- Rob
Old 07-24-2003, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane
Depends if you start yapping about things you don't have a clue about.

- Rob
[MOCK]Yeah dude. Like MAC cases are way better than PC cases man, cuz they got that side thing that opens. PC cases suck compared to MACs man. Even though "PC" isn't a company and there are 50 trillion manufacturers of PC ATX cases out there, making this comparison absolutely impossible. [/MOCK]

Also, see these comments made by some of Rob's buddies over at MACnn forums.
Quote:
Originally posted by DeathMan:
yeah, that sounds like Ca$h allright. nice going, Rob, at least we know we're not the only forum in which you wreak havoc and dischord.

:thumbsup:

How joyful can a forum full of Winders users be?
Quote:
Originally posted by itistoday:
lol

*This just in!*

Ca$h reaks havok over all internet forums like a plauge — screaming women and children run from this monster as authorities try to block him from their cities with special files that include his address! Yet he keeps respawning anew; creating controversy and leaving chaos in his wake! Experts suggest that his course is likely to lead him from the City of Mac Zealots to the State of PC Elitists... and then onwards to STRONGBADIA!!! We can only pray that Trogdor gets to him, before even he is Ca$hinated!!
Quote:
Originally posted by Millennium:
Ca$h has been a member here for years, so believe me, we feel your pain.

However, I do feel obliged to point out that by capitalizing "MAC" you really did manage to hit on a pet peeve of most Mac users. "Mac" is a diminutive, not an acronym; capitalizing it like that is taken in most Mac circles to signify that you are intentionally trying to make people angry. It often works, if that's your goal. Just a minor point of etiquette that you may wish to take note of in the future.

Besides which, MAC really is a kind of network address. It stands for Media Access Control, and has been a part of the Ethernet standards since the very beginning. This use of the term actually predates the Apple Macintosh.
Notice my capitalization of MAC in this thread.
Quote:
Originally posted by mitchell_pgh:
I don't think Ca$h means to be foolish, I simply think he is young. I don't know his situation, but he looks like one of those people that has everything handed to him by his parents (like I said, I don't know the guy so I'm not going to jump to conclusions)

Regarding the Mac... I think people like Ca$h actually hurt the platform.
Quote:
Originally posted by Nonsuch:
This is weird ... I feel like a neighbor has just walked over to complain that a kid in my yard was throwing dirt clumps in his pool. "Oh, that one? Oh, he's always trouble ..."
Quite hilarious, aren't they?
Quote:
Did you watch that SVX music vid I made??? The one where phil and I were at the strip? That took me about 1.5 hours. Try that with a PC. Then burn it to DVD. And compress it to put it on the net. See how long it takes you, or how much of a hassle it is, and count how many programs you use.
Let's see. If I can count correctly, that would be 1 program.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...ravy/10435.jpg

And I'm the one who's yapping about things I know nothing about.

Last edited by DavieGravy; 07-24-2003 at 04:48 PM.
Old 07-24-2003, 04:49 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Yes, actually, a lot of those people over there AREN'T my buddies, a lot of them are freaking morons. Think about it. They're at a Mac forum. As in, they get their jollies talking about the new mini coopers, wearing turtle necks, 60s glasses, and drinking latte at starbucks. I don't get along with turtleneck people well. So yeah, quite a few people there don't like me. But enjoy not liking me, I assume.

- Rob
Old 07-24-2003, 05:19 PM

And there's nothing wrong with that. I don't get along with everyone either.

It's nothing personal and I'm not trying to be a d*ck, but when someone basically tells me that I haven’t a clue what I'm talking, continuously pointing out how wrong he thinks I am (which is perfectly fine), and yet he fails to acknowledge his own misconceptions and falsities, I tend to get a little upset. That's all.

Last edited by DavieGravy; 07-24-2003 at 05:21 PM.
Old 07-24-2003, 05:35 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

But you WERE wrong about the upgradeability, divx, remote desktop, p2p, etc etc.

Anyway... arguing about computers is pretty dorky so I quit. :P

- Rob
Old 07-24-2003, 05:45 PM

Quote:
But you WERE wrong about the upgradeability, divx, remote desktop, p2p, etc etc.

Anyway... arguing about computers is pretty dorky so I quit. :P

- Rob
I quit also, but for the record, I wasn't wrong about everything as you say. You've yet to prove that which I don't think you can.

At any rate, it doesn't matter. Nobody cares anyway.
Old 07-24-2003, 05:46 PM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Not taking sides

But when I first joined the network I couldn't stand Rob's ranting about those cars. Since he's stopped I find that I actually have similar ideas/thoughts/fealings/whatever and he's actually a decent guy. I agree with him that if someone is different than you it is often very hard to agree with them on anything. I mean common "Experts suggest that his course is likely to lead him from the City of Mac Zealots to the State of PC Elitists... and then onwards to STRONGBADIA!!! We can only pray that Trogdor gets to him, before even he is Ca$hinated!!" WHAT THE HECK DOES THAT MEAN?

P.S. I have used both PC's and Macs, my opinion is that Macs are better for things like video and music editting. PCs are better for games and everyday activities. For Mac users that edit video I would strongly recomend Final Cut, I've used this program as well as IMovie in a 4 part video editting course and Final Cut blows the doors off IMovie like an SVX does a Kia.

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 07-24-2003, 11:05 PM
RRX

Re: Not taking sides

Quote:
Originally posted by BurgundyBeast
But when I first joined the network I couldn't stand Rob's ranting about those cars. Since he's stopped I find that I actually have similar ideas/thoughts/fealings/whatever and he's actually a decent guy. I agree with him that if someone is different than you it is often very hard to agree with them on anything. I mean common "Experts suggest that his course is likely to lead him from the City of Mac Zealots to the State of PC Elitists... and then onwards to STRONGBADIA!!! We can only pray that Trogdor gets to him, before even he is Ca$hinated!!" WHAT THE HECK DOES THAT MEAN?

P.S. I have used both PC's and Macs, my opinion is that Macs are better for things like video and music editting. PCs are better for games and everyday activities. For Mac users that edit video I would strongly recomend Final Cut, I've used this program as well as IMovie in a 4 part video editting course and Final Cut blows the doors off IMovie like an SVX does a Kia.
I use both platforms everday and prefer a Mac. For gaming a pc is a better choice but im not to sure about how a pc is better for everday activites... not for the average user anyway. The new g5 blows the doors off any pc when it comes to video and rendering graphics. Buy what you like..Some hate macs... I would never buy a pc...woopty doo.
Old 07-25-2003, 08:38 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by SVXdriver_007
no we did this one already not even a week ago and it turned into a pissing contest.
I can't imagine . . .
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 07-25-2003, 02:13 PM
Hater

i did a bad thing.