How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 02-25-2008, 11:11 AM

Send a message via AIM to JLHollowX13
Living in Colorado (rust free)

living out here is amazing, and having the svx for those fun snow days is another plus. i know in alot of other places people get bad body rust, but out here, rust almost never happens! up in the woods there are 3 cars, one OLD 1970s logging truck, it barely has rust! also, there is a VW and a Ford bronco, late 80s on each, been sitting since '99 at least and again, if i wanted to i could get them running and they look nice, hardly any body rust at all. i could probably get a pretty penny on those. i may not have to worry about rust, but we have another, pretty big problem imo out here. we use granite on the roads after it snows. on the city streets and slow roads its no problem, but on the highway its a big deal. i drive mostly highway everyday. just today i had 2 new chips added to my windshield after getting a pretty nasty one repaired this weekend. no only is the windshield taking damage, but my hood has some chip spots too. if i could get cheap windshields for this car i wouldnt mind, but hey, we all know thats not happening. i guess ill just have to keep up on it to prevent any spiders and try to get too close behind people (even though the svx wants to pass haha). i get depressed every time i hear another rock hit the windshield. if only i could get an unbreakable windshield.
Old 02-25-2008, 12:21 PM

My silver SVX was originally from Colorado. Zero rust, but the windshield looks sandblasted.

dcb
Old 02-25-2008, 02:15 PM
Looks and smells great.

Jeremy, I found a couple of guys in the Springs who can do a windshield pretty cheaply. One charges $250, another is ~$340, but he offers one free replacement for any reason. I don't remember the exact shop names, but they're in the phone book. Just call everyone and wade through the multiple $700-1300 hacks until you find a good shop.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:07 PM

Send a message via AIM to JLHollowX13
haha sweet, well thanks! when im in dire need of a new windshield, which could be soon, ill have to look them up!