How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 11-26-2005, 01:11 PM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Thumbs up My second meet with an SVX owner

After an exhausting day today, the balancer and setting up correctly my damaged bumper, I was driving back home when i saw a black SVX in front of me. I GONNA GET TO KNOW THAT GUY!!!! so I came in parallel to his car, he was like heheheheeee I asked him to pull over, he did.
His car was a mess, very poor paintjob, missing exterior parts... But even though he was happy to meet another SVX'er. We talked a little and I told him I was a member in a very nice forum which I asked him to visit. Because both of us were kinda in a hurry, we exchanged business cards and he seemed very interested (I am sure he will call me...) especially because he needs those missing parts...

I hope finally I will have a brother over here. He seems a SERIOUS guy.. He is a lawyer... but I guess not the crook type... (seeing the condition of his car, he is not very rich to fix it...)

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 11-26-2005, 07:28 PM
Bipa

Not rich enough to fix it? Wait a sec... I thought he could fix it up for something like $5.99 over there?!
Old 11-26-2005, 08:21 PM
1995 Subaru SVX LSi Polo Green

Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipa
Not rich enough to fix it? Wait a sec... I thought he could fix it up for something like $5.99 over there?!
Move the decimal two places to the right and you have a fraction of what it costs over here.
(8/23/07-Present) 1995 Subaru SVX LSi (197k) Polo Green (#1102) 03/95
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
svxfiles designed transmission mount (), sporting a "new" tail light bar,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
(1977-Present) 1977 Chevrolet Corvette (81k) Silver
(12/01/2011-Present) 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT (97k)
I have a bad feeling about this.
-Obi Wan Kenobi
Old 11-26-2005, 09:14 PM
Bipa

Move the decimal over by three positions and that's probably the cost over here
My last repair bill was a doozy! (But worth every penny now that I'm back on the autobahn with the SVX )
Old 11-27-2005, 12:36 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
hehe.. no Bipa, it's not like $5.99, the parts are somewhere near what you see on subaruparts, but as for bodywork and paintjob, I estimate his car would cost between $1100 - $2000 to become as good as new. It is still cheaper than most countries but this is the way it is.

I might go by Earl's advice not to try to convince any of you, but in my country population count no more than 4 million, as for the Lebanese who went abroad count around 20-25 million. The reason? better salaries than the ones over here......

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.