IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2003, 11:19 AM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Unhappy Goodbye SVX

It is with mixed emotions that I tell you this may be my last day with my SVX. Mixed emotions because what will be replacing it will be a whole new kind of fun driving experience.

The bottom line though is my wife and I are looking to start a family soon and we need to get our stuff together. We have a house now, the next step was to get out of our sporty coupes and get at least one kid friendly car. (yeah most of you are either too young to think about this or too old and already past this point) I definitely pushed for the MX-6 to go first, and we tried that trade in scenario with the dealer, but it didn't work near as good as the SVX scenario. My wife still owes too much on her car, more than we could even sell it for on the street, so the SVX offered a lot more trade in value.

The new car definitely does not compromise on the fun factor though, we'll be carting the kids around in a high performance ride! I will admit it wasn't my first choice until I drove it (wheee!!!), and I still am not a big fan of the style, but my wife loves it and chances are it will be "her car" anyway. I will be downgraded to the MX-6 until it is paid off enough to trade in on a full cab pickup. (need one of those too) But I'll still take this little beast out for a spin on weekends I'm sure! Maybe the NW gang will even let me show up. I'm ready for a race (in no rain) now!!!

New car, but ours will be black

I will definitely keep in touch here though, I have made many friends even though I have not met most of you. I do not plan on getting involved with any web sites or clubs regarding this new car because I know I would just be disappointed in the caliber of the members. This is the place to be. Even if I no longer have my favorite car. Once an SVXer, always an SVXer...

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...